1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

OH MISSING WOMEN: Missing from CHILLICOTHE, OH - 2013 - 2015

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by ~Lyric~, May 27, 2015.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

CHILLICOTHE - The show that has brought in tips from across the country is still facing negative feedback from families of the young women featured on "The Vanishing Women."

Yvonee Boggs, Charlotte Trego's mother, said she was disappointed in the Monday night's airing, which showed some of her daughter's story.

Monday's show, the fourth in the six-part series of the Investigation Discovery show, which focuses on six area women - Tameka Lynch, Shasta Himelrick, Timberly Claytor, Tiffany Sayre, Charlotte Trego and Wanda Lemons - who died or went missing between 2014 and 2015, dove into details of Himelrick and Trego.

The show spoke with a woman who claimed to have been friends and roommates with Himelrick and followed members of a search and rescue team where they searched for her body in the Scioto River. Himelrick's car had previously been discovered just a mile south of the Higby Road bridge.

The show also discussed one of the leads investigators followed as part of Trego's case, which remains open, was the last person she was believed to be seen with, Chillicothe Police Detective Bud Lytle said in the show. However, one man specifically mentioned in the series was ruled out as a suspect.

Trego and Lemons are still missing.

"I wasn't very happy at all. For one, I didn't know the woman who talked to the ID channel. ... I had talked to her before but I didn't know for sure if she knew Charlotte," Boggs said.

When Tammy Landrum learned about the Investigation Discovery series, she expected it to reveal more about the investigations into what happened to the six women, including her best friend's sister, Charlotte Trego.

Landrum said she thinks other viewers feel the same way and she's been left feeling disappointed.

"It's like a made-for-TV show," Landrum said. "(Viewers) want to see what happened to these girls but there's two more episodes ... And we don't even know what happened."

But both women take issue with the inconsistencies they claim to have seen.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s.../?hootPostID=15073c90600e09479675c30f2c6eef6b

Akoya, MULDER, Ladyslug and 3 others like this.
  2. Kimster

You're right about the smaller police forces being spread thin. Thankfully our county sheriff's office is the backbone for our small towns. I wish all counties had the same support. From what I saw on the show, both the police dept and sheriff's dept. are working together on this case.

Akoya, MULDER, Ladyslug and 2 others like this.
  3. Kimster

And @Steve, I'm very sorry for your loss! :vigil:

Akoya, MULDER, Ladyslug and 2 others like this.
  4. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

bbm

My sympathy to you.
    You are so right, it was horrible seeing the deceased young adults laying there, watching and hearing their parents crying in unfathomable grief.

Akoya, MULDER, Ladyslug and 3 others like this.
  5. Kimster

:vigil:

I can't imagine the pain you saw at these services. Young lives destroyed. I can barely watched Tiffany Ayres' s dad on the documentary.

Akoya, Looking4you, MULDER and 4 others like this.
  6. Kimster

Last night I attended a crime prevention meeting in our town. Only six of us showed up. The deputies were discouraged. I'm discouraged.

Good cops are quitting because of a lack of support from the public. The heroin epidemic is rising. Theft is more common and the thieves that are caught are in and out of jail with in days, in order to house the more violent offenders.

One of the attendees said nothing is going to be done until it gets even worse. Ugh, I hate that I think they're right.

Akoya, MULDER, spike and 3 others like this.
  7. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

I just found out the second episode, though it did air has been pulled as it focused on Timberly...Jason McCrary is actually going to trial tight now, first day of Jury Selection was Monday, July 11...Tues it continues and is expected to last for 5 days.... I think it will go longer..

Akoya, MULDER, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  8. Takeitfromme

I don't rule McCrary out either....its just strange that they couldnt link him to any of the other murders... we know he can be linked at least on social media to other girls but since he isnt talking he cant be linked to the deaths of any of the other girls....its also strange that Timberly's death was so different than the other girls..... man.... this case.... what the heck

Akoya, MULDER, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  9. Takeitfromme

I have not looked yet but does anyone have an update on McCrary's trial from today?? If not I will look into it later...

Akoya, MULDER and spike like this.
  10. Kimster

Akoya, MULDER, spike and 1 other person like this.
  11. Takeitfromme

Akoya, MULDER, spike and 1 other person like this.
  12. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

I have just watched the 4 episodes I could find on Youtube -
    And I have written about 20 lines and just keep deleting them -
    I'll have to comment when my thoughts are clearer...
    I feel so sad for the parents and siblings.

Akoya and spike like this.
  13. Kimster

I saw episode 5 on On Demand last night, so it will probably be on YouTube next. It's the last episode for now, but they are leaving it open for a sixth that will give information about the trial.

I think Shasta may have committed suicide. :(

14. Takeitfromme

Yeah I'm not sure what I think about Shasta's case, either way very tragic. I'm awaiting the last episode as well see how all this goes in the show.

Akoya, spike, MULDER and 1 other person like this.
  15. Kimster

Akoya, Takeitfromme, spike and 2 others like this.
  16. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

Just WOW.
    I hope they break these cases.
    Thanks for the update Kimster!

17. Takeitfromme

I've been behind on my cases but catching up on a few. Thanks @Kimster

spike, Akoya, MULDER and 1 other person like this.
  18. Kimster

You're welcome! :hug:

19. miley brown

miley brown New Member

I just want to say Erica cottrills death was no accident! She was discovered on January 1st five days after they found Shasta. Erica was a family friend of mine, she just got out of rehab down here in pike county. I ran into her at speedway she had her clothes with her I felt sorry cause nobody showed up to pick her up after she was released, she asked me to take her to town I said I would well just so happens I took her to the same house she was found at. After hearing about her death I couldn't help myself to drive by there to see if I could see someone outside of the house sure enough I did see someone sitting on the porch MICHAEL OWENS! coincidence? No I dont think so she was given something in that house and carried out to make it look as if she had over dosed herself and froze to death! Somebody is doing really good at making the C/O/D look like a suicide or accidental she was put out the house so nobody would ask questions to the people in the house and it is bull crap she deserves just as much attention as all the other girls! Besides if it wasn't for Tiffany gone missing nobody would have given two flying effs about Charlotte Trego wanda lemons or justice for tameka once they found Tiffany things started to die down well that's what our friendly neighborhood sheriffs were doing till vanishing women started to air then it went viral now the sheriffs are looking bad they don't like that cause they are the post on Chillicothe oh hot topixs kinda made me chill a bit the post "KEEP ONE DROP ONE" clean this town up yeah you all may have heard that one none other than your sheriff saying those words on national television! But left out rooting on the killers saying clean up this town!! Things like this nobody pays attention but I sure as heck do! Now go read!

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed and Kimster like this.
  20. Kimster

Interesting! Here's an article I found about Erica:

CHILLICOTHE – A woman found dead on Madison Avenue Thursday morning has been identified.

Chillicothe police said that, when officers responded to a call at 11:15 a.m. Thursday concerning a person down in the backyard at 814 Madison Ave., they discovered Erica M. Cottrill, 40, lying in the grass unresponsive.

Chillicothe Fire Department medics responded to the scene and tried to revive her, but she was pronounced dead at the scene by a representative of the Ross County Coroner's Office.

Cottrill's body was taken to Adena Medical Center and then to the Montgomery County Coroner's Office for an autopsy. Police said Friday night that there were no signs of trauma found by medical examiners, but there was evidence of drug use.

Authorities said the official cause of death is still being investigated and that the next of kin and other family members have been notified.
    http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...01/02/signs-trauma-woman-found-dead/21212207/