1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Multiple Dallas, TX officers shot during demonstration

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by fran, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Red

Red Well-Known Member

2. Lambchop

Lambchop Administrator Staff Member

We do the same thing when we advise our travelers who plan to go where there are demonstrations that could erupt into a violent situation. In other words if you get stopped by a police officer cooperate and let the Bahama Consulate handle it. The main warning is about the demonstrations which visitors might find hard to avoid depending where they are staying. The U.S. does the same thing. We just are not use to having other countries put out warning about us.

3. truthbtold

truthbtold Active Member

With all due respect, I think this is pure BS. I think the overwhelming majority of AA's have been incredibly forgiving, considering the biases/racism implied and/or expressed toward them day-in and day-out. Not sure I could be as forgiving...

4. Lambchop

It is just so very ironic that most police departments have the lowest amount of discrimination of any organization. They work together to service their community and politicians need to stop saying they are the root of our problems. Crimes are our problems many brought on by the lack of jobs in many of our communities. Our problems stem from perceptions that may or may not be true. We need to create jobs for Americans and training to fill those jobs. Today our children are extremely technically savvy, we just have to get them motivated to get interested in learning again. We can't let people continue to feed us information that is not true, from any side. We see short videos on social media and immediately believe we know the whole story without waiting for all the facts. Question what we see, yes. Believe what we see, yes. But wait to hear the whole story because we may not always have the whole story.

5. Red

Red Well-Known Member

BBM
    Copied from the article noted above
    We wish to advise all Bahamians traveling to the US but especially to the affected cities to exercise appropriate caution generally.
    I did not read anywhere in the article a warning specifically to black males. How are we expected to move forward when distinguished by race? There are white Bahamian citizens as well. I'm sure the warning was intended for all.

MadgeS and Paradise like this.
  6. Red

Red Well-Known Member

You are correct and thank you. This prompted me to re read the article.

MadgeS, Paradise and Ladyslug like this.
  7. Red

Red Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. People also have to yearn to learn, work and earn. People of every color. If there is a fairy to drop a check in one's lap when they are able bodied but lazy, where is the desire to do better?

MadgeS, Paradise and Ladyslug like this.
  8. Lambchop

I live in a community that is 50/50. I do not see that here and I'm in the South. Everyone I know get along well together. My neighbors on either side of me are not white and I live in an upscale retirement type neighborhood. I also live in a very poor community because there are not enough jobs. It's not always about race but sometimes it's about attitudes on both sides. Someone is disrespectful, for whatever reason and it's perceived as a racial issues when it had nothing to do with race. We do the same for everyone who we silently think, "Wow, what a jerk". It just becomes more sensitive to someone who perceives it as racial. That is putting a tag on it and that is unfair to both parties involved.

Funny story: My husband was an ex-police officer who continued to work investigations for a large corporation. His assignment was to go to Atlanta and his secretary made his hotel arrangements. He was not familiar with the area where he stayed so when he asked the desk clerk where he could get a bite to eat at a late hour the desk clerk gave him directions to a club down the street. So it was about 9:30 pm and he walked into a very dark club and he sat down at an empty table near the door. There was a black entertainer on the stage and as his eyes adjusted to the dark he realized it was an all black club. He did not want to leave knowing there was racial tension in the city at the time because he didn't want to offend anyone. So he finished his dinner and sat back to enjoy the show. The comic entertainer drew attention to him being in the only white person in the room and commented that "White people can't dance." My husband corrected him and said, "Oh, I can dance". The entertainer then asked him to come up on stage and my husband went up and danced. He really was a good dancer. The entertainer said you are definitely not a white man. LOL

So we are more than the color of our skin.

9. Lambchop

Not everyone is lazy who collect and lazy problem is not a color problem. It's a common problem regardless of color. Unskilled workers (all) are being mistreated by employers that only will hire "part-time". How do you live on 8 hours worth of work a week? Workers get discouraged and quit. Retailers are all doing this. Give workers a decent amount of hours so they can live.

10. Red

Red Well-Known Member

Yes I hope we did not get wires crossed on the posts. :)
    Perhaps it would have been clearer had I used the word if instead of when, referring to being able bodied but lazy. We agree that lazy is not a color problem as stated in my previous post, people of every color.
    Lets all pray that the senseless violence will end.

11. Lambchop

Oh, I misread yours, too. LOL Sometimes speed reading is not a good thing.

I have to run out but one more thing. Almost all the folks I have met and know are good decent people with strong family values. But I have run into some folks (both sides) who have a chip on their shoulder who take a comment and turn it into a negative when there was no intent whatsoever. This group is going to be very difficult to reach. This is the group we see now and not the majority of families who remember the past but rise above it to build their own self-esteem. A term from long ago, "God does not create junk". If we feel we are not being treated properly say something positive. Sometimes it will get you somewhere, sometimes it won't but never give up on yourself. Always remember that when you have to yell and scream, you have already lost the battle because those in authority positions will turn you off. Fight the battles you can win, in the courts, in community meetings, in your own community by setting by committees to resolve your problems. The government is not going to help you, we all have to help ourselves and we can accomplish things by joining together as we see in "Black Lives Matter" but never in anger because it diminishes us as a group. You are less likely to get positive results from negative input. If the answer is no, say that is not acceptable and continue to work on your goal.

The government is not helping by giving able bodied people assistance long term. Give them jobs. Give them training. State assistance lowers your self-esteem when it continues from generation to generation. It isolates us from the interaction with others and the diversity of working with people at all levels of the community. You can't ever achieve your dreams if you can't feel the accomplishments of working in a job you enjoy. Americans need jobs to feel good about themselves. The problem belongs to all of us as a nation.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  12. Red

Red Well-Known Member

We have so many cases going on right now it's hard to not speed read lol

MadgeS, Paradise, daisy7 and 2 others like this.
  13. spike

spike Bronze Member

:floorlaugh:

MadgeS, truthbtold, Paradise and 2 others like this.
  14. spike

spike Bronze Member

Most of you know that I am an artist.
    My paintings are in a gallery that I love and is owned by a woman who I adore.
    It is located in The Low country of the south where many slaves were given 40 acres of land and a mule and even today, there are farmers who are descendants of these slaves.
    The gallery artists are a mix of artists who paint subjects of the area. Most of the artists are black....although that statistic never occurs to us...and almost all of us are southern.
    During one of the summer shows a few years ago, a black couple from New York City participated as they had written and illustrated a children's book that was promoted by the gallery.
    They showed up in really unusual clothing
    seeming to represent a NYC take on African attire.
    The local artists were dressed in seersucker suits, linen, straw fedoras....the men in dress shirts, suspenders and bow ties like fine southern gentlemen.
    Some visitors asked the NYC couple a question about their book and they launched into this loud, edgy diatribe about the oppression of blacks in the south and slavery and just about any hot political subject you could name.
    The gallery became quiet....our well dressed, refined male artists looked at each other...and with great dignity, continued quietly holding court with the visitors viewing their work.
    It was so telling, really. So astute and poignant.
    Perception.

NOCLUE, MadgeS, Red and 4 others like this.
  15. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Your husband sounds like a really great guy with a fun personality!

NOCLUE, MadgeS, truthbtold and 3 others like this.
  16. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

The reality is that Obamacare forced many retailers to do this.

NOCLUE, MadgeS, Red and 1 other person like this.
  17. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

NOCLUE, MadgeS, spike and 2 others like this.
  18. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

Sorry Lambchop, I mean that as a general statement for everyone. I meant to add those for people who haven't read up on the subject. It wasn't directed at you, but I see how you could have taken it that way. I should have written it better. :hug:

MadgeS, spike and Red like this.
  19. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

20. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member