1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Murder in Gympie, Australia

Discussion in 'Community Outreach' started by DexterNZ, Aug 26, 2018.

1. DexterNZ

DexterNZ Member

My half sister Lisa Rebecca Daly was murdered in Gympie, Australia in the mid 90s and I'm struggling to find any information about it online.
    I live in New Zealand and I was only around 9 at the time.
    Not much was told to me by my parents so I feel very much in the dark about what happened.
    A man was charged over it but that's all I know.
    If anyone might have some leads for me I would be so very grateful.

Thanks

kdg411, Uno2Much and Paradise like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Hi @DexterNZ Welcome to Crimewatchers! So sorry that it is under these circumstances. Very sorry to hear about your half-sister.
    I did a quick search and could not find anything either. :( But we do have some members very good at finding things online. Hopefully they will swing in here and give it a look.

3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

@summerbreeze seems to be able to find needles in a haystack! Next time she comes by, perhaps she'll see this thread.

Hugs to you in the meantime, @DexterNZ .

4. DexterNZ

DexterNZ Member

that would be amazing. I'm running out of ideas. I even emailed a couple of newspapers to ask if they had anything tucked away but unfortunately they won't even reply. this forum is probably my only hope now.
    thanks for your help

5. DexterNZ

DexterNZ Member

thank you

6. DexterNZ

DexterNZ Member

I'm still searching for answers.
    I don't think I'll find them to be honest

7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Any way you could call or visit or email the local police and request info? I'm not sure about the laws there but it's been over 20 years... Something like a public records request?

8. kdg411

kdg411 Well-Known Member

Would you happen to know the name of the person charged? The location where charges originated would also be a good place to seek further details.

I have spent quite some time searching for any information about this case however to no avail. If your half sister was a minor at the time this could also be a reason why her name isn't published publically.

If anything, know you're not alone and we will continue to search for answers.

Kimster and DexterNZ like this.
  9. DexterNZ

DexterNZ Member

Not a minor. I think she was in her late teens.
    all i know about the man who was charged was that he was a local to the town and that he possibly had some mental issues.
    a day or two after he killed her he actually returned to the scene with his brother who knew nothing about it and 'discovered' her body then contacted police. didn't take them long for a confession.
    he's most likely free now.
    Gympie is a small town in Queensland. the local police don't even have an email contact.
    gympie times editor hasn't replied to me either.
    so frustrating. also she was cremated so no cemetery records

10. kdg411

kdg411 Well-Known Member

Would you know if there was an autopsy done before her cremation? A coroner would have to sign on her death certificate. Have you tried to email the Coroner's Court? https://www.courts.qld.gov.au/contacts/coroners-court# The death certificate should have been filed in court documents as well.

Also, the offender, if released, may be a registered sex offender too. I don't know details surrounding the crime however it's also another source for information.

11. DexterNZ

DexterNZ Member

still no leads. no one replies to my emails.
    think I'm at a dead end now