1. “Some quit due to slow progress,
    Never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress.”

See how you can identify someone and send them home!

Click here for more info!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CWadmin@crimewatchers.net

ARUBA NATALEE HOLLOWAY: Missing from Aruba - 30 May 2005 - Age 18

Discussion in 'Missing 2000 to 2009' started by Trial_Gal, May 11, 2015.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

2. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - The mother of Natalee Holloway, a U.S. teenager who vanished during her senior trip to Aruba in 2005, is seeking at least $35 million from the producers of what she contends was a fake television documentary about the case.

Beth Holloway said in a federal lawsuit filed Friday that the deception surrounding "The Disappearance of Natalee Holloway" was so complete she was even tricked into providing a DNA sample to match against what producers claimed were remains that could be those of her long-missing daughter.

The whole show was a ruse that subjected Beth Holloway to "agonizing weeks" of uncertainty and waiting that "completely and utterly destroyed" her, according to the suit filed in Birmingham.

Holloway, a schoolteacher in north Alabama, is seeking $10 million in compensation and $25 million in punitive damages against Oxygen Media, an arm of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, and the Los Angeles-based Brian Graden Media.

Neither company responded to emails sent Monday seeking comment on the lawsuit. Court records show attorneys have not filed documents answering the allegations.

The website TMZ first reported the lawsuit.

More at link: http://www.kptv.com/story/37430474/natalee-holloways-mom-sues-over-tv-series-about-daughter
    Akoya, Uno2Much, fran and 4 others like this.

NOCLUE Bronze Member

this poor family has gone through WAAAYYY too much sadness...

and WAAAYYY too many shenanigans from people out to make a buck...$$$

and from people who are downright evil...(i.e. >>> Joran, et. al... :voodoo: )

Uno2Much, Scorpio, spike and 4 others like this.
  5. Kimster

I have a lot of mixed feelings about the way these cold cases are being handled by producers. On the one hand, keep them in the spotlight. On the other, look what it's doing to the families. :(
    Akoya, Uno2Much, Scorpio and 5 others like this.
  6. Meganleigh80

Meganleigh80 Well-Known Member

Awful. The poor girl is gone. I've followed the case since early June 2005. Basically, since the first night it was on Greta Van Sustren. Like most here I have come to feel like I knew Natalee and her poor parents. I know how drained this case has made me yet I snap to attention at the slightest possibility of closure. If I feel this way can you imagine what it does to this child's parents? These TV people need to let this family be. They are no better than Joran Van der Sloot nor John Ludwig. Money hungry demons, every last one.
    Akoya, Uno2Much, Freebird and 5 others like this.
  7. Lambchop

Lambchop Administrator Staff Member

You can't bury people in Aruba. What grave sites they have are above ground. The island is rocky with sand on top. I had no trouble bringing my husbands ashes to Aruba and was brought out via a boat about 10 miles off the coast near the lighthouse and we dropped his ashes there. Although Arubans will not tell you I believe they cremate the dead and drop the remains out at sea. That would explain why some human bone fragments might wash ashore. No foul play. No enough gravesites on the island to cover the amount of people who have passed away.

I've been going to Aruba in June for over 30 years without missing a year. I was also down there a couple of days after Natalee went missing. It was very sad but I do know that police were searching every possible place she could have been. Road blocks, draining the ponds, police helicopters in the air. I feel bad for the Holloways because every year someone brings it up around this time. I hope they win their lawsuit.
    Steve, Uno2Much, Kimster and 5 others like this.

NOCLUE Bronze Member

I see your point...

Freebird, Uno2Much, spike and 3 others like this.
  9. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

I hope Beth wins.

Akoya, Uno2Much, Freebird and 5 others like this.
  10. Lambchop

Lambchop Administrator Staff Member

It really isn't a cold case. The island is surrounded by water so where would you put a body if you were a resident of the island? She is not buried. I saw the dogs out there every day looking for her body. We know who did it and he gave a informal confession to a friend that was recorded. If she is in those waters they will never find her. The only question would be was it an accident or did he actually kill her.
    Steve, Kimster, Cousin Dupree and 3 others like this.
  11. Freebird

Freebird Well-Known Member

12. Freebird

The informant has a new YouTube. In this video the informant states Edward Kramer, the convicted pedophile who wrote the script for the series, had a female skull from a local university in his possession. The informant claims Edward Kramer told him he took a bone from this human skull and put it in the bag with the other bones prior to dna testing. Deception at its finest.

Gabe’s Way

Akoya, Steve, Kimster and 4 others like this.
  13. Freebird

Akoya, Steve, Uno2Much and 3 others like this.
  14. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

Steve, NOCLUE, Akoya and 6 others like this.
  15. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Whoa!! That came out of nowhere.:eek:
    Steve, NOCLUE, Akoya and 4 others like this.
  16. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

Steve, NOCLUE, Akoya and 2 others like this.
  17. Kimster

Steve, Scorpio, NOCLUE and 2 others like this.
  18. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Abduct, eh? o_O
    Akoya, Cousin Dupree and Tammy like this.
  19. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

CBS NEWS March 15, 2018, 6:12 AM
    Man who claimed he was accomplice in Natalee Holloway case killed

NORTH PORT, Fla. - In the series "The Disappearance of Natalee Holloway," John Christopher Ludwick made headlines when he claimed he helped Joran van der Sloot dispose of the missing teen's body. Ludwick, 32, of Port Charlotte, Florida, was stabbed to death Tuesday as he tried to kidnap a woman from her vehicle, North Port police said.

Ludwick was roommates with the woman at one point and wanted a romantic relationship with her, but she didn't want one with him, North Port police spokesperson Joshua Taylor said.

"He essentially ambushed her getting out of her car, going into her home," Taylor said.

The woman was able to wrestle a knife from Ludwick, then stabbed him in the abdomen, police said.

"He then fled the area on foot," police said in a statement. "He was found nearby suffering from the stab wounds. After being transported by air, he was pronounced dead at a local hospital."

The woman won't be criminally charged, Taylor said.

"From every ounce of evidence we have so far, she was a victim in this case," he said. "We have nothing to say otherwise right now."

Natalee Holloway disappeared in 2005 during a high school graduation trip to Aruba. Van der Sloot, the last person seen with the 18-year-old, was never charged with her death.

Ludwick appeared on the Oxygen show, which followed Holloway's father and a private investigator as they chased a lead in the case, in which he claimed van der Sloot paid him $1,500 to dig up Holloway's remains and cremate them.
    Cousin Dupree and spike like this.
  20. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Man who claimed he burned Natalee Holloway’s remains fatally stabbed in Florida

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Updated: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 7:51 AM

The man who claimed to have cremated Natalee Holloway’s remains was stabbed to death in western Florida.

John Christopher Ludwick died Wednesday morning at a Sarasota County hospital after being knifed by a woman he knew, North Port police said in a Facebook post.

The 32-year-old victim was trying to kidnap the woman as she got out of her car, cops said.

Ludwick was stabbed during the ensuing scuffle and fled the woman’s driveway.

Remains found in Aruba do not belong to Natalee Holloway
    Cops later found a bleeding Ludwick away from the scene, airlifting him to the hospital where he died that morning.

Ludwick made waves less than a year ago, when he discussed his role in Holloway’s 2005 death in Aruba.

The Alabama teen vanished that May while on a high school graduation trip, sparking relentless searches.

Ludwick claimed suspected killer Joran Van der Sloot paid him $1,500 in 2010 to dig up and cremate Holloway’s buried remains.

Results in Natalee Holloway case expected in two weeks
    “The idea was to crush everything to the point where it wasn’t recognizable as her bones or skull or anything like that,” he said on the Oxygen network’s “The Disappearance of Natalee Holloway” last fall.

But neither Ludwick nor Van Der Sloot — who was convicted for the 2010 murder of another woman in Peru — were charged for the incident, because there wasn’t enough to back up the account.

A forensic scientist who tested the bones Ludlow burned declared in October that they didn’t belong to Holloway.

Cops in Florida reached out to those in charge of the nearly 13-year-old Holloway case about Ludwick’s death.

Remains found in Natalee Holloway case are of 'Caucasian' descent
    “We are aware of Mr. Ludwick’s history and comments surrounding the disappearance of Natalee Ann Holloway in Aruba during May of 2005,” North Port police said in the Facebook post. “The correct authorities who are working that case have been notified.”
    Cousin Dupree, Kimster and spike like this.