1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NY NEW YORK JANE DOE: WF, 12-18, found in Hudson River - 6 May 2000

Discussion in 'Unidentified 2000 to 2009' started by Akoya, Jul 4, 2018.

1. spike

spike Bronze Member

Could you post that here?

2. MRX

MRX New Member

wendy  below merge.jpg wendy  below merge.jpg wendy h.jpg The photo on the left is Wendy over the reconstruction. the right one is Wendy's photo below the other girl. I udsed a grid to line up eyes, chins, noses. I did not distort the photos to make them fit. The reconstuction is a best guess on the part of the artist due to the decay of the soft tissuses of the lips, nose, ears, etc. To me the overall bone structure that they used to make the model matches pretty well.
    The difference is Wendy had braces on her teeth and there's no mention of braces on the unidentified girl. Given the time that passed between the disappearance and the discovery they could have been removed.
    What lead me to the matching these two up was looking at the Jeffery Epstein case. I have no proof of any relationship. I got there when I read that Wendy reportedly made a late night pay phone call to a man named Jeffery in the hours before she was last seen. She was enrolled in a modeling school in Florida and Epstein had a home there. He was know to recruit young girls who wanted to be models. The unidentified girl was found in Manhattan blocks from Epstein's mansion. Of course that's blocks from many people up and down both sides of the river. It's notable that Epstein had his own private dentist office inside his home. That could explain the braces.
    Maybe far fetched theory but these cases have a story and we've all seen some crazy stories in these kind of cases over the years.

Attached Files:

Kimster likes this.
  3. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

There seems to be a disagreement as to where this woman's remains were found. 96th St. near the Hudson River and 57th Street at the East River are two very different locations.

Location Found Map
    Street Address East River at 57th Street New York, New York

County New York County
    GPS Coordinates 40.756929, -73.959446
    Circumstances of Recovery Decedent was recovered from East River near 57th street. Advanced putrefaction with skeletonization of some elements.

https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/2872/details

On May 6, 2000, the badly decomposed remains of this racially mixed female were found in the East Hudson River near 96th St.

A Fire Department boat brought the body ashore at the 60th Street heliport in New York City, NY.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/201ufny.html

Scorpio, MRX and Kimster like this.
  4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

That's pretty cool!

5. MRX

MRX New Member

I'll keep looking to find the true location. It's strange or just sloppy to put both locations on the same information page.

6. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

I suspect that one of the addresses may have been the location of the Medical Examiner's office. It is so important to release the correct information for these cases.

Scorpio likes this.