1. NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on Monday, September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information

CALIFORNIA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for John Weir, 2, who was abducted from Merced on September 20.
    He is believed to be in the company of his "armed and dangerous" father, Steven Weir, 32.
    They may be traveling in a red 2005 Hyundai Elantra with California plates 5SKT544.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

UK NIKKI ALLAN: 7 year old brutally stabbed in Sunderland - 1992

Discussion in 'Europe: Cold Cases' started by Kimster, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

The mum of murdered Sunderland schoolgirl Nikki Allen, whose body was found more than 20 years ago, is launching a fresh appeal for information.

Sharon Henderson's working with detectives to find the person responsible for the attack on her 7 year old daughter in 1992.

Nikki vanished after leaving her grandparents' flat in Wear Garth, East End.

Her shoes were discovered outside the derelict Exchange building a few hundred yards away the next morning.

Her body was found inside the building by a neighbour helping police with the search.

She had been stabbed 37 times in the chest.

Nikki would have celebrated her 29th birthday this year.

Read more at http://www.heart.co.uk/northeast/ne...ed-sunderland-schoolgirl/#QcuS4Rx16hqickPA.99

nikki-allen-murdered-in-sunderland-in-1992-1419315689.jpg

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...92-when-7-yrs-old-her-mum-wants-justice.1338/

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2016
    Lily and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  2. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

The enormity of this poor little girl's injuries is just sickening - a tiny 7yo, stabbed, 37 times? Overkill just doesn't describe that image well enough..

From the same article linked above, words from Nikki's mother in bold - I'd like to know more about why she thinks the case was covered up!:

A mother or a father shouldn't have to fight for justice.

I'm not just after getting justice for the people who murdered Nikki, I'm also after the people who've covered Nikki's case up."

DNA tests are currently being carried out on Nikki's clothing in the hope it will provide clues in catching her killer. In 1993, George Heron was acquitted of Nikki's murder by a jury at Leeds Crown Court in 1993.

Earlier this year, Northumbria Police arrested a 47-year-old Sunderland man on suspicion of Nikki's murder.

He was questioned and bailed but was then released with no further action.

3. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Dedicated FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-for-NIKKI-ALLAN-RIP-XXX/278303372322746

Some info on the case, including evidence against 1993 acquitted suspect George Heron:
    http://theukdatabase.com/cold-cases-missing-murdered-uk-kids-can-u-help/justice-for-nikki-allan/

Re most recent suspect:

Steven Grieveson, 43, will not currently have to return to answer further questions over the death of the seven-year-old, murdered in the city more than 20 years ago.

But police say they are continuing their investigations, while Nikki’s mum, Sharon Henderson, today made an appeal to the criminal fraternity for help in solving her daughter’s killing.

Sharon, 47, of Ryhope, Sunderland, said: “There were people inside the old Exchange building that night who may, for one reason or another, not want to come forward.

“It might be they committed a crime and have now moved on with their lives or that they don’t feel comfortable about talking to the police.

“I would appeal to them to get in touch and tell detectives what they know.

“They may well have families themselves now and are embarrassed about their past but if they have any information, please come forward.”

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/...pect-will-face-no-further-questions-1-6631194

Kimster likes this.
  4. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

The mother of seven-year-old Nikki Allan, who was brutally murdered 23-years-ago, has been left devastated after a hoax caller claimed to have new
    information about her daughter’s unsolved case.

Sharon Henderson, 48, received the call from a man claiming to work for the Crimewatch TV programme last Tuesday, July 14, at her home in Ryhope, Sunderland.

The mystery caller told her that he had new information about the case and wanted to meet up with her to discuss the evidence.

However, Sharon’s suspicions were raised, as the police had not contacted her with any new evidence, and when she asked for a name and contact number for the caller they put the phone down.

Sharon was initially thrilled when she first received the call, however, her happiness turned to devastation when she realised it was a hoax.

http://www.sr-news.com/2015/07/19/nikki-allans-mum-devastated-hoax-call/

Kimster likes this.
  5. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Kimster likes this.
  6. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Kimster likes this.
  7. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Kimster likes this.
  8. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Kimster likes this.
  9. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

This is a very intriguing case. Her mum breaks my heart though, which is why I wanted to bring it to everyone's attention here.

Lily likes this.
  10. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Omg, yes, I'm with you there ... I cried with her, watching her grief, so raw and immediate even after all these years. And she has never let up on being vocal about wanting justice for her daughter.

Kimster likes this.
  11. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

One thing that stuck out to me -- IF the CCTV is indeed showing Nikki tagging along behind her killer (which I think it was) -- the guy is wearing a white, button-up shirt. Not the type of clothing I'd expect to see from someone squatting in an abandoned building, or hanging out in one on a daily basis. Did that local pub she was seen passing by have a dress code?

I do think it was a local, or someone at least who knew the area very well.

He probably is an experienced predator, or how he get Nikki to willingly follow him away from home like that?

Also, she was seen walking past the pub.. what on earth had her go there, at that time of night? Was she already following her killer and he wasn't noticed, but Nikki was, as she trotted along behind him.. Or did he tell her that her mum was there, and wanted to see her, just to get Nikki away from her home? I saw mention of a pack of Nikki's favourite crisps - was he in the pub, buying them for her, and is that how he lured her along?

She was not only stabbed all those times, but beaten on the head with a brick as well. That murderer killed this tiny child over and over again.. and that kind of rage is unusual. I have to wonder, as there's no mention of rape, whether this man was impotent and used the knife in lieu of rape.

I cannot believe this was his only crime.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    Kimster likes this.
  12. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Nikki Allan murder: Could a 12-year-old babysitter hold the key to Sunderland schoolgirl's death?

A schoolgirl babysitter could hold the key to one of the North East's most infamous murders.

Almost 24 years after little Nikki Allan was brutally stabbed to death, detectives have confirmed they are looking into a new line of enquiry.

Nikki's mum, Sharon Henderson, was contacted by a woman who said she had fresh information about the murder of the seven-year-old.

We understand the woman, who was just 12 at the time of the killing, had been babysitting in the block of flats where Nikki disappeared from on October 7, 1992.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/nikki-allan-murder-could-12-10993033

Lily likes this.
  14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Nikki Allan: Man 'could be charged' with murder of Sunderland schoolgirl, court hears

A man could soon be charged with the murder of schoolgirl Nikki Allan, her mum's solicitor told a court.

The seven-year-old was brutally stabbed to death in 1992 and found in a derelict Sunderland building.

Despite tireless campaigning from her family, no one has ever been brought to justice.

Nikki's mum Sharon Henderson appeared at Sunderland Magistrates' Court on Thursday charged with an offence under the communications act.

The court heard how she became involved in a bitter Facebook dispute with the owner and regulars of The Guidepost pub in Ryhope.

Ms Henderson was found not guilty but she was given a restraining order preventing her from contacting the people she had been feuding with.

As the case came to a close, her defence solicitor Jason Smith told the court that someone could be charged in connection with Nikki's murder.

He said: "We understand the CPS may well have authority to charge with that murder."

Mr Smith also told the court he was "not entirely convinced" but said "that's what we've informed to be the situation".

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/new...ki-allan-sunderland-sharon-henderson-15797193