1. A GUILTY verdict has been reached in the McSTAY murder trial!
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  3. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  5. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NOAH THOMAS: State of Virginia vs. Ashley White for child abuse after Noah found in septic tank

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by daisy7, Apr 29, 2015.

1. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/new...oah-thomas-to-seek-bond-on-wednesday/32633726

The hearing is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. at the Pulaski County Circuit Court. This hearing was originally scheduled for Monday.

A judge ordered him to stay in jail without bond during his first hearing.

He and Ashley White are accused of leaving their son and six-month-old daughter home alone in March. Noah was missing for several days until police found his body in the septic tank of the family's home.

They originally said the children were with them as they took Paul Thomas to work.

Noah's sister was deemed to have respiratory issues when she was removed from the home the day after Noah went missing.

2. Trial_Gal

Trial_Gal Well-Known Member

I know some of the circumstances of the case, but will wait for final autopsy results. I still wonder how little Noah ended up in the septic tank. What a pitiful way to die, I hope and pray he was not alive when he went in there. imo

RIP Noah :(

tobigofheart, MadgeS and ~Lyric~ like this.
  3. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

Just when I start to think that the world couldn't get any sicker. :gaah:

Mel70, Kimster and ~Lyric~ like this.
  4. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

So heartbreaking, I was just thinking about Noah last night and happy to see a thread started for him.

Trial_Gal and daisy7 like this.
  5. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Updated headline for above link.

Wow! Some people should just NOT have children.

:(
    fran

Bond appeal denied for father of Noah Thomas

A prosecutor said new medical testing revealed Noah Thomas' sister was born on drugs

In court Wednesday, a prosecutor said new medical examinations revealed the daughter was born on drugs and has a condition called Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome. The U. S. National Library of Medicine defines the condition as "a group of problems that occur in a newborn who was exposed to addictive opiate drugs while in the mother’s womb." The prosecutor also said Paul Thomas told a magistrate that he smoked marijuana regularly for 15 years including the time Noah was missing.

read more ............... http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/new...oah-thomas-to-seek-bond-on-wednesday/32633726

6. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

Thomas' lawyer, Lindsay Honeycutt, said Wednesday that his representation of Thomas has been complicated by Thomas being held in isolation for long periods of time.

"The fact is, I need to have better access to my client," Honeycutt said. "He is being held in isolation 23 hours a day."

Honeycutt said it was "complicated case" and that he has 36 hours of recorded interviews to sift through with his client, which is difficult due to the limited access he has.

http://m.roanoke.com/noah-thomas-ca...1f8-adc0-533d-b1db-e420fa5455da.html?mode=jqm
    :whoop:

Well darn! What about Noah? He ought to be glad that his client isn't in gen pop. He might not be able to ever talk to him, Just like Noah will NEVER be able to talk again.

Mel70, daisy7 and fran like this.
  7. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

I'm really curious what tests they ran on a 6mo now to diagnose her with NAS? Don't all states run blood work on infants born in hospitals?

Also, is PT in isolation just because it's a high profile case?

nothingnew02 and Scoobie like this.
  8. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

~Lyric~ and daisy7 like this.
  9. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

The Sheriff said a few weeks ago that the autopsy was completed and they knew the COD, but are waiting on tox reports before announcing it.

I have never seen LE act in any case I've followed like in this case. There are lots of questions about if/when the septic tank was first searched and why Noah wasn't found sooner.

~Lyric~ and Trial_Gal like this.
  10. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

Jemma and ~Lyric~ like this.
  11. Trial_Gal

From what I have read it is unclear about the search of the septic tank or when it was searched. I know they haven't released any of the autopsy results yet, and are awaiting the tox results. I guess they will release more when they have that, maybe. At least now they feel they have enough to keep both parents in jail. imo

noZme likes this.
  12. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Hoping we hear autopsy results soon.
    Noah has the cutest grin on his face in the media pictures I've seen. Praying he gets justice.

noZme, daisy7 and Trial_Gal like this.
  13. Trial_Gal

I am not sure about the high profile. I wonder if it because he is withdrawing or detoxing from his drugs? I get the impression both parents think they did nothing wrong by leaving the children home alone. imho

Scoobie, noZme, daisy7 and 1 other person like this.
  14. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

In the days following the disappearance of Noah Thomas, a hotel room being used by his parents was damaged and police responded, according to information obtained by The Roanoke Times.

Paul Thomas, 32, and Ashley White, 31, remain incarcerated on felony child neglect charges in relation to Noah’s death and the treatment of their infant daughter. They have each been denied bond twice in Pulaski County Circuit Court.

Prior to their arrest, Thomas and White were staying at the Hampton Inn on Cleburne Boulevard in Dublin. However, once the couple checked out of the hotel, a hotel employee called to report property damage in the room where the couple stayed, according to information from interviews of several people involved with the case as well as a police incident report.

The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office responded to the call on April 2 — the same day Thomas and White were officially charged and arrested in relation to Noah’s death, according to the incident report.

(snip)

At the time that deputies were called to the hotel room, Thomas and White were paying for the room themselves with a debit card, according to the source. After they checked out, the damage to the room was charged to that debit card on file. No charges have been pressed related to the damage.

The on-duty manager at the Hampton Inn would not comment regarding the incident, citing customer privacy.

Fleenor said that the autopsy for 5-year-old Noah Thomas is still pending and a cause of death has yet to be determined.

BBM.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/n...cle_2eb0c3cf-4196-5d23-8e16-e73b21f42e61.html

fran, MadgeS, ~Lyric~ and 3 others like this.
  15. chikaboom

chikaboom Member

This case breaks my heart. I can't imagine killing my own baby much less stuff him in the septic tank while we continued to use the toilet.

That alone makes me very angry.

fran and ~Lyric~ like this.
  16. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

I don't believe the parents have been charged yet or have they? I'm out of the loop on this one.

17. chikaboom

chikaboom Member

Incorrect.

18. chikaboom

chikaboom Member

Actually, They have been charged. With abuse and neglect.
    And they are both incarcerated without bond. Actually bond was denied for both.

Kimster, noZme and fran like this.
  19. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

20. Jemma

Jemma Active Member

http://www.methadoneandpregnancy.com/?page_id=51

IF she was in a treatment plan (methadone treatment clinic or other maintenance program) at the time she became pregnant, or began treatment during the pregnancy, she, as long as she complied with the terms of her treatment or other safety plan in place, would have been able to take the baby home after birth. However, post partum follow up should have revealed that Baby A was still addicted to drugs.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/p...cle_aaa281f8-adc0-533d-b1db-e420fa5455da.html

<snip>White and Thomas are charged with two counts each of felony child abuse and neglect in relation to Noah’s death, as well as the care of their infant daughter Abigail.

BBM. In court on Wednesday, Pulaski County Commonwealth’s Attorney Mike Fleenor said that medical records show Abigail was born with neonatal abstinence syndrome, meaning she was born addicted to a narcotic or opiate. Fleenor also said she presently is still diagnosed with it.<snip>

Since it has been reported that it was known that Baby A was born with drugs in her system, yet she still went home with the parents, I suspect Ashley was likely on a treatment plan during the pregnancy for her addiction, and the presence of drugs in the baby at birth was expected. It is a distinct possibility that Baby A had not been receiving proper newborn checkups/screenings, or else her current Neonatal Abstinance Syndrome diagnosis would have been known before now.

The only way to still be currently diagnosed with this particular syndrome is through continued, repeated, regular exposure to the drug.

MOO

Mel70, Scoobie, daisy7 and 2 others like this.