1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NOAH THOMAS: State of Virginia vs. Ashley White for child abuse after Noah found in septic tank

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by daisy7, Apr 29, 2015.

1. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

I think it's it for her until her sentencing in May.
    The boyfriend's trial begins next month. Maybe there's evidence to him replacing the cover?

noZme likes this.
  2. walkie-talkie

Septic tank lid remains unanswered question in Noah Thomas case

PULASKI — The black, two-pound piece of plastic was supposed to safely cover the opening to the septic tank where Noah Thomas’ body was found last year.

Instead, it has prompted a key question still looming over the case after the lid was reportedly found closed with Noah’s body inside, according to testimony.

Did the 5-year-old somehow close it as he fell in? Or, did someone else put the lid on the tank after Noah drowned?

The child was found in the tank four days after he was reported missing in March, just 10 feet from his home where he was last seen alive. His cause of death was drowning, according to a medical examiner’s report.

More than a dozen witnesses took the stand last week before Noah’s mother, Ashley White, was found guilty of neglect and abuse in relation to his death and the care of his infant sister. No witness offered any kind of explanation for how the lid was found closed with the boy inside.

The only theory offered during the trial revolved around Noah falling into the septic tank and drowning while his mother took a nap that morning. There was no mention of the possibility that the lid fell closed behind Noah on its own, if one of the first responders put it back on, or if someone moved it before police arrived.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/p...3-9c9a-71f2cd7ce252.html#.VsfErDJmRP0.twitter

Ladyslug, Steve, noZme and 1 other person like this.
  3. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

Yep, so many conflicting reports and unresolved questions about the septic tank lid.

Ladyslug, walkie-talkie and noZme like this.
  4. walkie-talkie

Noah Thomas case: Father seeks to exclude evidence of child's death

The father of Noah Thomas is asking a judge to exclude evidence of the boy’s death as his trial is scheduled to begin Wednesday.

Lindsay Honeycutt, lawyer for Paul Raymond Thomas, wrote in a pretrial motion that his client is accused of neglect and abuse for reportedly leaving Noah and his infant sister home alone on March 22 of last year. That was the same day Noah went missing, but Honeycutt argues the boy didn’t disappear until later in the day.

Honeycutt argues evidence of Noah’s death is irrelevant to charges against Paul Thomas.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/p...cle_7c95c07c-72f2-5fc5-b5bb-6cb037396ef2.html

Kimster, daisy7 and Ladyslug like this.
  5. walkie-talkie

6. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

What a cutie. Thanks W-T.

Sometimes, no - most of the time, I have a big problem with defense attorneys. Now, I should shut up.

Red, Kimster, Ladyslug and 1 other person like this.
  7. walkie-talkie

Judge accepts Alford Plea for Paul Thomas
    He is awaiting sentencing

PULASKI, Va. (AP) -

A judge has accepted an Alford Plea for Noah Thomas’ father.

An attorney entered the Alford Plea on behalf of Paul Thomas on Wednesday morning. By entering an Alford Plea, Thomas acknowledges that prosecutors have enough evidence to convict him without admitting guilt. Thomas is facing a total of up to 10 years in prison for two felony counts of child abuse and neglect.

Paul Thomas will be sentenced later Wednesday. Court is currently in recess.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/tri...12?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_WDBJ7

8. walkie-talkie

Noah Thomas case: Father gets 15-month sentence

PULASKI – The father of Noah Thomas was sentenced to 15 months on Wednesday after he entered a guilty plea on charges of leaving Noah and his infant sister home alone on March 22, the same day the 5-year-old went missing and four days before the boy’s dead body was found in a septic tank near the family’s home.

Paul Raymond Thomas, 32, has already served about a year in jail, and Pulaski County Commonwealth’s Attorney Mike Fleenor said after the sentencing hearing. That will be counted as part of his time served. As for how much of the remaining three months Thomas will spend incarcerated, Fleenor said that will be up to jail officials to calculate.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/p...cle_0461e764-d4e0-5799-90c1-784291666ed7.html

Steve and noZme like this.
  9. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

Wow! :(

Steve, walkie-talkie and noZme like this.
  10. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

You know what the fish said when he hit his head on the concrete wall? DAM.

daisy7, Steve and walkie-talkie like this.
  11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

walkie-talkie, Red, daisy7 and 2 others like this.
  12. walkie-talkie

Ladyslug, noZme and Red like this.
  13. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

WTH???!!!! :(

Ladyslug, Red and noZme like this.
  14. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

I'm speechless.
    Poor child.

Ladyslug, daisy7 and Red like this.
  15. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

That seems a very short sentance

noZme and Red like this.
  16. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

People get harsher sentences for stealing a car with no physical harm done.

GatorD, guess who, Ladyslug and 2 others like this.
  17. Red

Red Well-Known Member

Bingo
    I can't help but feel since our jails have a revolving door, criminals have become quite brazen.

Steve and Ladyslug like this.
  18. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

yeah here to lots of crimes with no harm to others get 4-5 years

Red and Steve like this.
  19. walkie-talkie

Pulaski community reacts to Ashley White's sentence

PULASKI, Va. (WDBJ7) Ashley White will get out of jail later this year. A Pulaski County judge sentenced the mother of Noah Thomas to 23 months after he was found dead in a septic tank last year.

[​IMG]
    She'll get credit for time already served at the New River Valley Regional Jail.

"I don't agree with the sentencing at all," said Tammy Nixon.

It's a feeling repeated throughout Pulaski.

"Both of them should have gotten more time," Nixon said, talking about White and her boyfriend, Paul Thomas.

"Today we got a sad day because there was no justice for that little boy," Bratton said.

Ashley White's sentencing lasted three hours Tuesday morning. Outside the courtroom we talked to nearly 2-dozen people about the judge's decision, and not one of them agreed with it.

"Our justice system just doesn't work apparently," Nixon said.

"That little boy is laying over there in the graveyard and they get out and get to live the rest of their life and he don't. It's not fair," Bratton said.

White's lawyers have said there is no evidence she killed Noah Thomas but that she was only guilty of leaving him alone then falling asleep while she was taking care of him and her infant daughter.

Thomas went missing in March 2015. Hundreds of people helped search including Melissa Bratton.

"I was out searching. We were making fliers to distribute," Bratton said.

Noah was found in a septic tank behind the family home a few days later. Friends and counselors said in court Tuesday that White was devastated and will never recover from his death.

They're also fearful for her life after jail. People in Pulaski have a suggestion.

"If it was me, I'd get out of Pulaski County because they're not going to have a peaceful life," Bratton said.

White will likely be released in November.

The boy's father, Paul Thomas, was also in the courtroom. He's served his sentence and is now out of jail.

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/Pulaski-community-reacts-to-Ashley-Whites-sentence-386549141.html

Paradise, noZme, Red and 4 others like this.
  20. believe09

believe09 Well-Known Member

Astonishing. What is the life of a child worth?

GatorD, Red, Paradise and 2 others like this.