1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Qld NOVY CHARDON: Missing from Upper Coomera, Qld - 6 Feb 2013 - Age 34 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Australia: Missing & Unidentified' started by MarlyWings, Apr 25, 2015.

1. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

The filthy creep chardon won't be going on any parole next year.

Seeing as he's now been charged with murder, he can't apply for bail on the murder charge, so he'll remain where he belongs until the trial rolls around in couple years.

Somehow I get the feeling all those child sex offence charges, which were from back in late 1990's, are related to Novy's disappearance and murder.

Did the creep attempt to silence Novy by murdering her because she was going to blow the lid on his filthy past.

Lily and Kimster like this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

That's exactly what I was going to post and you beat me to it!

Lily and MarlyWings like this.
  3. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

I was absent from here when I heard this news... cried my eyes out in relief. I'm pretty stoic about a lot of cases, I just can't let them all get to me, but this one, jeez. I've followed from pretty much day 1 and from around day 2 have been convinced Chardon killed her. I hope he rots in prison the rest of his sorry life--- no-body cases are gaining convictions these days, I sincerely hope this one of them.

And I also hope there's a lot of slimy individuals sweating bullets, waiting their own turn in prison when Chardon flips on them.

Jay and Paradise like this.
  4. Kimster

Agreed. His degrading of her after her going missing is so typical of a killer. :mad:

5. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

A certain type of killer, yes. I'm sure many will remember the foul language he used to describe her in those first days after she 'went missing'.. what a red flag that was. I truly think Chardon is personality disordered, or simply has led his entire life with a profound sense of his own entitlement... to the point where he truly believed the whole world would have his back and see 'reason' in his lies.

I am hoping he does not get off this, that the jury isn't a pack of dummies, that the police lay out the case against him really well.

I'm less hopeful he'll cave and tell police where she is, but it's possible. No body, no parole.. that law may yet help Novy be found and receive a proper burial. :(

Kimster, I can't bring myself to think that "why" she wanted out so badly, and was killed, was because of harm happening to her kids... The man was a big enough pig that it could have been just that she was sick of him, and he is such a control freak he couldn't stand it. IIRC, she'd only recently told him she wanted a divorce and was super happy she got her ABN (business licence number) - she was about to become independent.

I also hope her kids are not with Chardon's family...

Kimster likes this.
  6. Kimster

I agree with every point you've made. Is the 'no body no parole' law active in Oz?

Lily likes this.
  7. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Yup! Just recently passed in QLD.

Kimster likes this.
  8. Kimster

Brilliant!!!
    :happydance:

Lily likes this.
  9. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Kimster and Jay like this.
  10. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Lily and Kimster like this.
  11. Kimster

He was lucky to have Novy. She was beautiful. He's ugly inside and out!

Lily likes this.
  12. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Peter Foster claims John Chardon shot his wife Novy in the back of the head and weighted her dead body before disposing of it in the Gold Coast Seaway.

Foster appeared in the Brisbane Magistrates Court today where he continued to give explosive evidence in the Gold Coast businessman's committal hearing.

In his full 52-page statement given to police, Foster claims Chardon made a jailhouse confession he had taken Novy's body to the Southport Seaway after he killed her in February 2013.

"John told me that he put Novy in the Seaway after 8pm when the tide was running out to sea until midnight," he said.

Foster said he asked Chardon how he could be sure her body wouldn't be seen by a fishing boat or the moonlight.

"I weighted her with moderate weights so she would go under," he alleged the Gold Coast businessman said.

"I punctured her stomach so gases wouldn't fill up and make her float."

---

Today, Foster claimed the businessman's motive for the fatal shooting was a letter he received from Novy's lawyers about their divorce.

"He explained her lawyers felt he was stalling for a year in the settlement and then he got a 'get out of the house' letter or something like that," Foster said.

"He had a planned business trip and he was worried they were going to change the locks. I think he just felt that was the straw that broke the camel's back."

Foster also alleged on the night of Chardon's meltdown, he spoke about the fact he hadn't left a trace of evidence, saying "ammonia and water washes away DNA and forensics".

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...chardon-novy-dumped-body-in-gold-coast-seaway

Remember the wet & dry vac he hired, just before he scarpered overseas? Yeah, 'no forensics' indeed. I hope he rots.

13. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Dear god, this terrible family poor Novy got tangled up with..

Peter Foster says John Chardon made a jailhouse confession to shooting and killing his wife Novy because he didn't want her getting half of his business.

Foster made the explosive claims on the opening day of the Gold Coast businessman's committal hearing today.

He also claimed police told him Chardon's daughter was trying to hire a hitman to kill him.

--

"I think he says: 'I've worked 25 years or more to build the business up, why am I going to give half to that *****?'," he said.

The court also heard Foster was the one who contacted police about Mr Chardon, who was in custody on other matters, after he saw a TV broadcast about a search for Novy's body.

He claimed after telling Mr Chardon about the segment, the accused killer said, "well they won't find her there", before he got his lunch and called his lawyer.

Foster agreed to become a police informant and moved into Mr Chardon's cell for six weeks.

Foster, who is on remand in a NSW jail, repeatedly denied there had been anything in it for him in exchange for his help.

He claimed instead he was trying to do the right thing for a change and that someone needed to speak up for Novy.

But he conceded he asked himself as recently as this morning if he was risking his life by giving evidence.

"The reason I say that ... is the Queensland police came to me two years ago and said they had intel Mr Chardon's daughter was trying to get a hit man to kill me and did I want witness protection?" he claimed.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/05/09/09/52/accused-gold-coast-wife-killer-in-court

so hopefully the daughter goes to prison as well.