1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Vanessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Vanessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NY NYC JOHN DOE: BM, 20-30 - June 1997- USMC "1st Force Recon - Death before Dishonor" tattoo *GRAPHIC*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Kimster, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Thanks for the hug! Hug back

spike and Kimster like this.
  2. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

I noticed that Veteran Doe is on Pinterest, with the older recon that Carl had done a couple of years ago.

Veteran Doe and spike like this.
  3. Advocate

She was away when he redid it and has been really busy. She's trying to get a major news network to cover him; its why Carl reworked it.

DaisyChains, Veteran Doe and spike like this.
  4. Veteran Doe

Veteran Doe Active Member

I just put it up on Pinterest. I hadn't been using that for a while so I kind of forgot about it.
    I was just working on his web page on my site and my web host went down! That never happens!! Anyway, I'll wait for them to kick their servers and then finish replacing the image on there too.

DaisyChains, spike and Advocate like this.
  5. Advocate

Does anyone o on pintrest any more? I have one but never used it. I barely have time for FB. I don't know how people do multiple sites

spike likes this.
  6. Advocate

Does anyone o on pintrest any more? I have one but never used it. I barely have time for FB. I don't know how people do multiple sites

Kimster and spike like this.
  7. Advocate

Stupid cell connection burped, it posted twice

Kimster and spike like this.
  8. spike

spike Bronze Member

:giggle:

Advocate likes this.
  9. Veteran Doe

I get lot of work related action off of Pinterest.

For this project it doesn't seem to get much activity. I keep some military related boards on there just for attention.

I think the missing side Pinners tend to get more repins overall, but, since it's free it's a go for me! :)

Advocate, spike and Kimster like this.
  10. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I don't have time either. Staff helps with our FB & Tumblr, but no one has started anything elsewhere yet.

Oh, but I have the Twitter. :doh:

Advocate and spike like this.
  11. Advocate

You should attach a twitter to the FB page. It's pretty easy to do with a FB profile. If you're tweeting CW, and are an admin on the FB page it's very easy to connect so your tweets go to the page and the page posts go to your twitter. We did it with Chris Sexton which you may remember.

Veteran Doe Pintrest - https://www.pinterest.com/veterandoe/

Veteran Doe likes this.
  12. Veteran Doe

The only anomaly in the tattoo is above the only lower case letter in the entire tattoo. Interesting.........

Does anyone want to take a crack at what it may say?

I attached the original crop (the bluer looking one) and then ones with saturation and contrast adjustments to try to bring it out.

Marine Corps John Doe Harlem NY-5.jpg Marine Corps John Doe Harlem NY-4.jpg Marine Corps John Doe Harlem NY-3.jpg

Kimster, spike and Advocate like this.
  13. Kimster

I can't tell at all! I'll check again from a pc.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    spike and Advocate like this.
  14. Kimster

It's attached already. :)

spike and Advocate like this.
  15. Advocate

I'm sure everyone is trying to figure out where you're seeing it, since you told me what you think you see, I see it too because of the pics you attached here.

As Veteran Doe said, it starts where the i is in DiSHONOR, it goes over the S until the left leg of the letter H, looks like very small writing that was covered up with this tat.
    I do wonder if it's lower case I or if the artist didn't press hard enough there.

NamUs full tat pic https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/8695

You can also see there looks like something on the recon Carl did

[​IMG]

Veteran Doe and spike like this.
  16. spike

spike Bronze Member

I don't think the "i" is lower case...I believe it's uppercase, and was sloppily done.
    IMO

17. Veteran Doe

I kept thinking it was done after the original tattoo because it encroaches a bit on the bottom of the globe and that little area should be easy enough to cover over (since it's not very big or heavily shaded) when that big tattoo was done.
    That's a good thought on the I being a poor capital and not lower case though.

18. Kimster

Me too. The N is like that too.

Advocate and spike like this.
  19. Advocate

I agree. That's why I said I do wonder if it's lower case I or if the artist didn't press hard enough there. I think he was trying to do a really fine line but some artists just aren't great at it.

patsella and Kimster like this.
  20. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

I was looking at NY Doe's PM photo and wondered if he could be bi-racial.
    A twitter friend who is bi-racial looks a lot like our doe and that is why I thought I would mention it.

Veteran Doe, Kimster and Advocate like this.