1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NY NYC JOHN DOE: BM, 20-30 - June 1997- USMC "1st Force Recon - Death before Dishonor" tattoo *GRAPHIC*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Kimster, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Veteran Doe

Veteran Doe Active Member

Bumping for him since it's 20 years unidentified this month.

Can everyone share him on Facebook and list the state? I'd like to see him get shared on timelines in each state before the 23rd. Any states we miss I'll find a group in that state, like a regular housewives group or something other than a missing group.

His school friends are out there somewhere because his peer group ( 40 to 50 year olds) is a heavy demographic on both Facebook and LinkedIn. I was trying o come up with a spiffy LinkedIn graphic with his info to share but I keep getting side tracked with day to day home life issues. If anyone has any ideas for a LinkedIn graphic message me.

I shared him on Twitter and Instagram with hashtags for all 50 states, plus on Facebook in NE PA. I'm going to poke round at the demographics of Google+. I don't think it's a top contender for users but.......what the hell.

OK......GO SHARE!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Akoya, FlandersFields, Jay and 4 others like this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

You got it! SHARING!

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Just shared via our Crimewatchers Facebook page as well!

4. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

5. Veteran Doe

6. Advocate

spike and Veteran Doe like this.
  7. Veteran Doe

8. Kimster

9. Veteran Doe

Twenty years ago today was the last day this man was among us. Just after midnight tonight he was electrocuted.

Thank you for all the sharing.

It went wild and that was great!

My site refers people to contact the NamUs contacts, but, I did get a couple direct contacts.

One Marine is quite certain he served with this man and that his first name is Travis. He is going to contact other people who may have known Travis.

Another Marine contacted me and thinks he served with him as well. He thinks the last name may be Collins (no first name given). He is going to look for his cruise book and get back to me.

I went hunting in cruise books (http://www.navysite.de/cruisebooks/) and found a Collins (in the wrong year) who was on the Eisenhower in 1990. I'm not as crazy about that one as I am about a man named Reid who I found on the Roosevelt in 1993. Reid doesn't match up to the second Marine's unit but from what I can see in the pic it's a pretty good likeness other than weight. The man on the ship looks more muscular to me.

The hunt is still on.

10. Kimster

Tell you what, that's a VERY good response! I've been involved with many online blitzes for UIDs and the missing, and usually they come up with very little!

Hats off to you, @Veteran Doe ! :loveshower:

11. Advocate

Veteran Doe noticed there's a permission error on his NamUs profile! Looks like he may be ID'd! We'll keep everyone posted if we hear for sure!

Happy New year!

patsella, DaisyChains, spike and 4 others like this.
  12. Veteran Doe

I am dying to know if this is it!

13. Advocate

You and me both! So glad you looked!

DaisyChains, spike, Sunburst and 2 others like this.
  14. Kimster

Oh my gosh!!! :eek: I'm on pins and needles!

DaisyChains, spike, Akoya and 3 others like this.
  15. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Hoping and praying that he has been id'ed.......

DaisyChains, spike, Akoya and 3 others like this.
  16. Kimster

GarAndMo49, patsella, spike and 3 others like this.
  17. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

I'm happy to know Marine Doe has been ID'd. I wish we knew his name at least, but do understand privacy concerns.
    Thanks so much for the update!

18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

GarAndMo49 likes this.