1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

OFFICER BUDDY CHRISTIAN: The State of Georgia vs. Jamie Hood for murder *GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by walkie-talkie, Jul 7, 2015.

1. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

Jamie Hood makes opening statements in murder trial

11Alive Staff, WXIA 6 p.m. EDT June 25, 2015
    ATHENS, Ga. – The man accused in the murder of an Athens police officer delivered opening statements in his own death penalty trial on Thursday.

Jamie Hood is defending himself on 70 charges, including killing a police officer and a civilian, and wounding another officer.

Authorities say Hood shot and killed Senior Police Officer Elmer "Buddy" Christian and injured SPO Tony Howard in March 2011. Hood is charged in the death of Kenneth Omari Wray, a county employee, in December 2010.

With no legal background, the 37-year-old Hood began his opening arguments cordially, but things ended up fiery.

Hood told the jurors many of the same things he told 11Alive in a recent phone interview. He said that the 2011 crime spree was spurred by corrupt cops and a dishonest district attorney.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/athens/2015/06/25/jamie-hood-murder-trial/29292927/

Scoobie likes this.
  2. walkie-talkie

Jamie Hood Trial Day 1 Part 1 06/25/2015

Jamie Hood Trial Day 1 Part 2 06/25/2015

Jamie Hood Trial Day 1 Part 3 06252015

Jamie Hood Trial Day 1 Part 4 06/25/15

Jamie Hood Trial Day 1 Part 5 06/25/2015

3. walkie-talkie

Emotion filled Friday at Jamie Hood murder trial

Valerie Hoff , WXIA-TV, Atlanta 6:30 p.m. EDT June 26, 2015
    ATHENS, GA (WXIA) – Friday was an emotional and tension-filled day at the Jamie Hood felony murder trial. Hood came face to face with the friends of the officer he admitted gunning down.

It was hard for some of them to keep their composure as they recalled the day officer Buddy Christian killed in the line of duty.
    http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...d-friday-at-jamie-hood-murder-trial/29362323/

4. walkie-talkie

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 2 - PART 1

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 2 - PART 2

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 2 - PART 3

Jamie Hood Trial Day 2 Part 4 06/26/15

Jamie Hood Trial Day 2 Part 5 06/26/15

5. walkie-talkie

Jamie Hood questions officer he's accused of shooting

11Alive Staff, WXIA 7:11 p.m. EDT June 29, 2015
    ATHENS, Ga. – Jamie Hood spent much of Monday cross-examining an Athens police officer he's accused of shooting.

Hood is defending himself in a 70-count death penalty case. He's accused of fatally shooting Athens-Clarke County Senior Police Officer "Buddy" Christian and wounding another office, Tony Howard in March 2011.

On the stand Monday, Howard said the incident began when he got an alert to be on the lookout for Hood in connection with a kidnapping. Howard said he pulled over a vehicle being driven by Hood's brother.
    http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/athens/2015/06/29/jamie-hood-trial/29482763/

6. walkie-talkie

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 3 - PART 1

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 3 - PART 2

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 3 - PART 3

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 3 - PART 4

7. walkie-talkie

8. walkie-talkie

Jamie Hood Trial Day 4 Part 1 06/29/2015

Jamie Hood Trial Day 4 Part 2 06/29/15

Jamie Hood Trial Day 4 Part 3 06/29/15

Jamie Hood Trial Day 4 Part 4 06/29/15

Jamie Hood Trial Day 4 Part 5 06/29/15

9. walkie-talkie

10. walkie-talkie

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 5 - PART 1

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 5 - PART 2

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 5 - PART 3

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 5 - PART 4

11. walkie-talkie

Hood objects to picture of dead officer's family

Updated: 6:24 p.m. Thursday, July 2, 2015 | Posted: 11:49 a.m. Thursday, July 2, 2015
    ATHENS, Ga. —

Jamie Hood, the man accused of killing an Athens police officer, objected to the introduction of photos of the officer's family into evidence in court Thursday.

Hood is representing himself in his own trial, and is working to convince a jury he was justified in killing Officer Buddy Christian and wounding Officer Tony Howard.
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/hood-objects-picture-dead-officers-family/nmqkJ/

Scoobie likes this.
  12. walkie-talkie

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 6 - PART 1

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 6 - PART 2

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 6 - PART 3

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 6 - PART 4

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 6 - PART 5

13. walkie-talkie

911 recording addressed in Jamie Hood trial

Posted: 3:52 p.m. Friday, July 3, 2015
    ATHENS, Ga. —

The prosecution in the death penalty case against accused Athens cop killer Jamie Hood played the 911 recordings from the day of the shootings.

Hood is accused of, and has admitted to, killing Athens Clarke County Police Officer Elmer "Buddy" Christian and wounding officer Tony Howard. Among the recordings is what's believed to be Christian's call that he'd been shot.

"Oh, I'm shot!" Christian is heard on the recording, made March 22, 2011. "Central, I'm shot! Oh my God!" Christian died at the scene.
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/911-recording-addressed-jamie-hood-trial/nmrQC/

14. walkie-talkie

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 7 - PART 1

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 7 - PART 2

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 7 - PART 3

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 7 - PART 4

15. walkie-talkie

Jamie Hood apologizes to carjacking victim

11Alive Staff, WXIA 6:42 p.m. EDT July 6, 2015
    ATHENS, Ga. – During testimony on Monday, Jamie Hood apologized to a woman he's accused of carjacking.

Hood is defending himself on 70 charges, including the March 2011 death of Athens-Clarke County Police Officer Elmer "Buddy" Christian. Hood has admitted to shooting Christian and another officer, Tony Howard. Hood claims that police didn't follow proper procedures, and that Howard, who survived the shooting, lured him into a fight.

Also among the charges are counts related to carjackings because of what Hood allegedly did after the shootings.
    http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/athens/2015/07/06/jamie-hood-trial-july-6/29788409/

16. walkie-talkie

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 8 - PART 1

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 8 - PART 2

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 8 - PART 3

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 8 - PART 4

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 8 - PART 5

17. walkie-talkie

Testimony turns to Jamie Hood's surrender

11Alive Staff, WXIA 7:07 p.m. EDT July 7, 2015
    ATHENS, Ga. --The man accused in the fatal shooting of an Athens-Clarke County police officer says prosecutors don't have sufficient to prove he committed another murder for which he's on trial.

Jamie Hood is standing trial on more than 70 charges, including the December 2010 shooting of Kenneth Omari Wray. That death was allegedly part of the drug-related feud that set off the crime-riddled chain of events that ended with two police officers shot and a hostage drama in March 2011.
    http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/athens/2015/07/07/jamie-hood-trial-july-7/29836807/

18. walkie-talkie

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 9 - PART 1 (HOOD'S SURRENDER NEGOTIATIONS)

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 9 - PART 2

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 9 - PART 3

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 9 - PART 4

19. walkie-talkie

Witnesses say Jamie Hood held them at gunpoint

11Alive Staff, WXIA 6:57 p.m. EDT July 8, 2015
    ATHENS, Ga. – Several people allegedly held hostage by Jamie Hood in March 2011 were no strangers to the alleged cop killer.

A series of witnesses testified Wednesday that Jamie Hood detained them at gunpoint as they left their East Athens apartments the morning of March 24, 2011 -- days after Hood is accused of shooting two Athens Clarke County police officers. Senior Officer Elmer "Buddy" Christian was killed and Officer Tony Howard was injured.
    http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...884343/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

20. walkie-talkie

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 10 - PART 1

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 10 - PART 2

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 10 - PART 3 (JUDGE CLEARS THE COURTROOM!)

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 10 - PART 4

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 10 - PART 5