1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

OFFICER BUDDY CHRISTIAN: The State of Georgia vs. Jamie Hood for murder *GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by walkie-talkie, Jul 7, 2015.

1. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 1h1 hour ago Miami, FL
    #jamiehood judge is calling for the jury from the hotel, penalty phase summations planned for 9:30 EDT

#jamiehood judge said he will allow objections in summations, warns JH about name calling

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 1h1 hour ago
    #JamieHood jury to begin deliberating on death sentence today

#jamiehood greeted each juror with "good morning" as they filed in

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 47m47 minutes ago
    Mauldin begins his opening statement in the death penalty phase

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 47m47 minutes ago
    DA Ken Maldin says Hood told GBI "Whatever I get, I deserve"

Michael B ‏@mabcmb 40m40 minutes ago
    The DA now hitting the factors that must be meet to sentence #JamieHood to death jury only needs 1 of many for that !

Portia Bruner ‏@PortiaFOX5 40m40 minutes ago
    DA reminds jury of #JamieHood's 2011 taped statement 2police."If y'all gimme the deathchair, I deserve it."

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 37m37 minutes ago
    Jury in #JamieHood only needs to find 1 Aggravating Factor. There are 8 in the murder of Ofc Christian and 4 in the murder of Omari Wray

2. walkie-talkie

Michael B ‏@mabcmb 38m38 minutes ago
    Finally the DA says softly " he blames me because he doesn't except responsibility ( robbery convection ) "

DA Mauldin - #JamieHood blames everyone else! His brother for not turning left. Ofc Howard for not parking correctly

DA Mauldin: #JamieHood blames him, the DA because he doesn't accept responsibility

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 36m36 minutes ago
    DA: Hood has shown "no remorse" and is "defiant to the end"

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 35m35 minutes ago
    DA Mauldin calling it "outrageous" #JamieHood mocking Omari Wray calling for his mamma.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 33m33 minutes ago
    DA: #JamieHood talks about kids, what he's done for kids, "doing this for the kids". Mauldin yells "THIS IS AN EXAMPLE FOR KIDS?!"

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 33m33 minutes ago
    DA: He wasn't concerned for Buddy Christian's kids. He wasn't concerned for Omari Wray's kids.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 32m32 minutes ago
    DA: There's absolutely no excuse or justification for he did to Ofc. Christian. "It was him or me"

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 31m31 minutes ago
    DA: If Tony Howard hadn't turned to his right, there would be 2 officers dead.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 31m31 minutes ago
    DA: He decided to impose the death penalty on Tony Howard and he did impose it on Buddy Christian.

Michael B ‏@mabcmb 30m30 minutes ago
    Per DA " Ofc Buddy didn't have a chance to come here and ask you NOT to be killed " we know #JamieHood will ask to not die

3. walkie-talkie

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 30m30 minutes ago
    1 Aggravating Factor in the death of Buddy Christian is: The victim was a peace officer, in the course of his or her duties.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 28m28 minutes ago
    DA quotes Edmund Burke: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Michael B ‏@mabcmb 28m28 minutes ago
    DA " if he had a gun yesterday no telling what he would have done "

DA: Only through the imposition of the death penalty will he be incapacitated and insure that he will never do it again.

DA: I will ask you to return a verdict of death in the regard to the murder of Omari Wray.

Michael B ‏@mabcmb 27m27 minutes ago
    DA done #JamieHood needs 5 minutes due to blood pressure WHAT !!!

4. walkie-talkie

5. walkie-talkie

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 4h4 hours ago
    #JamieHood: "This is the last time I'm gonna talk to ya."

#JamieHood: "I'm gonna tell you again, what can we learn of Jamie Hood's life so it don't happen again?"

#JamieHood: "Why, why, why, why, why? Why am I here talking about the death penalty?"

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 4h4 hours ago
    #jamiehood says he's "mad, sad, hurt that my life is basically over"

#JamieHood "I ain't trying to fight ya'll. I ain't jumped over there. I don't have handcuffs on"

#JamieHood regarding DA: "He wanna talk 'bout me." Hood says it's the DA that's EVIL.

#jamiehood points at DA, tells jury "the people you need to be scared of is the people right here"

#JamieHood: "He say I don't take no responsibility. How can he say that, I standing here representing myself"

#JamieHood: "This judge, I gonna tell you something about this judge." Judge allowed Hood to rep himself when others wanted to drug him up

#JamieHood: "I can't make you do nothin'. I'm not gonna volunteer for no death row, but I can't make you do nothin'"

#JamieHood: "Yesterday was very emotional. It hurt me to see my mamma cry yesterday." Then says it hurt him to see vic's families cry too

#JamieHood "I done had a rough life. I can't believe I'm just a country boy come from where ya'll from."

6. walkie-talkie

#JamieHood says old man in prison talks about the legal system being a "modern day lynchin'"

#jamiehood calls DA Ken Mauldin a "modern day lyncher"..."modern day slavery"

#JamieHood: "I talked to ya'll a little 'bout racism. When nobody would help me, a white lady did...."

#JamieHood: "Pulled some strings and got me in CDL school. A white lady done that for me. All white people ain't bad." (um...thank you?)

#JamieHood criticizing Judon Brooks for still dealing drugs. "You were just in a trunk and you still gonna do that.."

#JamieHood: "It's not the justice system , it's the corrupt individuals like Mr. Mauldin."

#JamieHood: "It's not the police, it's the corrupt individuals like Tony Howard."

We're back to this being Tony Howard's fault for how he parked the car.

#JamieHood happy that the jury saw through the "hostages" "How many time could I have killed them? Come on!"

#jamiehood reiterates as he has throughout the trial "I'm not a cop killer. I'm not a malice murderer".

7. walkie-talkie

#JamieHood: "You folks convicted me on falsely leading evidence. It's not your fault..," Hood tells the jury.

#JamieHood's blame game: Pointing to the DA: "YOU are making me look worse than I am."

#JamieHood: "I didn't even want to talk to ya'll after you found me guilty...then I decided I needed to finish this."

#JamieHood: "I wish ya'll the best. I'll never forget you. I'm gonna let ya'll go." And with that, Hood concludes his closing.

8. walkie-talkie

9. walkie-talkie

News Radio 106.7 ‏@NewsRadio1067 2h2 hours ago
    #jamiehood has been sentenced to life in prison without parole for the murder of Athens police officer Buddy Christian.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 2h2 hours ago
    #BREAKING - #JamieHood receives Life WITH the possibility of parole for the murder of Omari Wray.

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 2h2 hours ago
    #jamiehood reacts to verdict by shaking his head in the affirmative

Judge sentences #JamieHood to 30 yrs for the attempted murder of Officer Tony Howard.

Judge sentences #JamieHood to 20 yrs for Aggravated Assault of Judon Brooks

Judge sentences #JamieHood to LWOP for the Kidnapping of Judon Brooks.

Judge sentences #JamieHood to LWOP for Armed Robbery of carjacking victim Deborah Lumpkin.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 27m27 minutes ago
    Judge sentences #JamieHood to LWOP for the Kidnapping of carjacking victim Deborah Lumpkin

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 26m26 minutes ago
    Judge Haggard sentences #JamieHood to 5 yrs for possession of a knife during the commission of a crime.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 24m24 minutes ago
    Judge sentenced #JamieHood to 20 yrs and 10K fine for carjacking of Deborah Lumpkin.

SoSueMe likes this.
  10. Lambchop

Lambchop Administrator Staff Member

One question then I'm going to bed. I know the mother, Azalee, testimony was a little disjointed but why would she have to pay to have Timothy's body embalmed a second time after there was a second autopsy? The man was clearly dead so why would they even bother to embalm?

walkie-talkie likes this.
  11. walkie-talkie

Hi Lambchop!
    I'm not even sure if that is accurate. I'll check into it over the weekend and see if there's anything about it.

12. Lambchop

I'm surprised that the jury did not come back with death because of the testimony of JH own witness, the teacher. We know there were at least three vehicles sitting there when JH shot Tony Howard. The teacher testified that JH then ran to the road looked down towards Officer Christian and then towards the cars, but he chose to run towards the other officer. JH could have taken any one of those three vehicles by aiming his gun at them and telling them to get out of the car and taken off. Except for the teacher, the other two vehicles were still there on the scene.

I also found that the teacher's complaint regarding LE not getting back to him disturbing when he admits he gave no information to them regarding what he saw because he was afraid JH would come after him. I don't think this witness helped JH in any way.

Anyone think it is possible that Matthew pulled the car up to where he parked it after JH jumped out and that is why the officer's car was not pulled up all the way behind the SUV?

13. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Administrative Manager Staff Member

Lambchop, Officer Howard testified that it wasn't a traffic stop, but rather a casual stop to talk to Matthew. He said he didn't know Jamie was in the SUV with him. At least that's what I got from the testimony.

14. Lambchop

I have to laugh because it was Jamie's brother, Matthew, who testified that he did not drive the car into the parking spot. That the police car drove up in back of him and Jamie jumped out. That testimony did not make Jamie very happy because it went against everything Jamie was preaching about Ofc. Howard not following protocol. So it is possible Matthew did stop there and after Jamie jumped out he pulled the SUV up into the parking space. Matthew was positive the police car was right behind him.

We know it was just a information stop according to Ofc. Howard and have no reason to disbelieve him because his gun was not drawn.
    As Jamie stated had Ofc. Howard followed protocol this never would have happened. Right. He has a gun in the car and he just had someone bound in his trunk. Nothing was going to stop him that day from killing two officers. I was a little surprised they gave him LWOP.