1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

OFFICER BUDDY CHRISTIAN: The State of Georgia vs. Jamie Hood for murder *GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by walkie-talkie, Jul 7, 2015.

1. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

This trial...

[​IMG]

Kimster and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  2. walkie-talkie

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 14 - PART 1

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 14 - PART 2

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 14 - PART 3

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 14 - PART 4

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 14 - PART 5

3. walkie-talkie

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 4h4 hours ago
    #JamieHood tells judge "as respectfully as possible" he is biased and prejudiced in favor of the prosecution

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 4h4 hours ago
    Judge chuckles at note from #JamieHood jury, doesn't read it out loud (checks again?)

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 4h4 hours ago
    #JamieHood calls Officer Eric Higginbothum to the stand. He interviewed Alene Howard

Higginbothum - Alene told him that Tony Howard said he beat #JamieHood up.

Judge sends jury out (already) #JamieHood

DA objection: Alene heard Howard talking about beating #JamieHood up. DA says that's hearsay, judge agrees

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 4h4 hours ago
    A new record in #jamiehood trial-jury ordered out within 2 min of beginning today for atty discussion #11Alive

4. walkie-talkie

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 3h3 hours ago
    Officer is excused. Next witness, GBI Agent Jeremy Burton. #JamieHood

Burton - Alene Howard's statement was that Tony Howard said "they had to jack him up" (sounds like a lot hearsay) #JamieHood

Next witness in #JamieHood - Officer Jeffrey Clark.

Clark interviewed Judon Brooks after he said #JamieHood kidnapped him.

Clark conducted the interview with Agt Rebecca Shaw Herold, Agent Herold wrote the report. #JamieHood

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 3h3 hours ago
    #jamiehood questioning the acquaintance he's accused of kidnapping. Contentious #11Alive

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 2h2 hours ago
    Deputies close ranks around fired up #jamiehood
    [​IMG]

5. walkie-talkie

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 2h2 hours ago
    Court takes a break. #JamieHood about to play police interview with Judon Brooks.

#JamieHood wanted to play parts of the interview to show discrepancies in Brooks testimony. DA says just play entire video.

#JamieHood - I didn't want to play the whole thing, but if he's just gonna keep objecting then I guess I'm gonna have to

#JamieHood judge just called juror from jury room and took him into chambers. Never saw that before

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 2h2 hours ago
    Recess in #jamiehood because of audio visual problems in the courtroom. #11alive

#JamieHood back in session

Jury is going to hear a GBI interview with Jadon Brooks, the alleged kidnapping victim of #jamiehood. It's over an hour long #11alive

#JamieHood judge says juror not asking to be excused he's ok now were going to take it as it goes

6. walkie-talkie

7. walkie-talkie

#JamieHood accuses judge of bias in his capital murder trial http://fw.to/Iqvc2cC

#JamieHood is in ex parte session

Don't know what the #JamieHood ex parte issue is but an assistant police chief just came from the courtroom

Uh, the asst chief just went back in #JamieHood

We were just allowed back in the #JamieHood courtroom

#JamieHood on direct exam of Judon Brooks asking him if he heard on the video him telling the Det that Hood called him to look at weed

Brooks answered: I said you told me you had "something" for me to look at #JamieHood: Do you want me to play it for you again?

#JamieHood played the part again, Brooks tells Det that Jamie called about weed. Brooks says, you asked if I called YOU about weed

Brooks refers to #JamieHood as "Jamie", Judge instructs him to either say Mr. Hood or don't address him by a name.

8. walkie-talkie

#JamieHood, "Would you agree that everybody gang banging and selling drugs, there a street code and you don't call the police?"

#JamieHood, "How many people you done snitched on?" Brooks, "Uh.....I ain't snitched on nobody." Objection. Sustained

#JamieHood, "When you was growing up, did you done tell your momma you wanted to be a snitch?" Objection Judge, "Mr. Hood"

#jamiehood trial going off the rails.Hood questions his alleged kidnapping victim Jadon Brooks.Sounds like two little kids fighting #11alive

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 1h1 hour ago
    #JamieHood - How did they have shirts tied around their faces? Brooks - You know how they had them on Jamie - Why you lying?

#JamieHood - When did you start worrying about police doing their jobs?

Judge sends jury out...............again.

9. walkie-talkie

#JamieHood all kinds of upset!
    [​IMG]

#JamieHood, "You wanna talk about slick?! Show me the video of my brother!" (lol, has nothing to do with what they were talking about)

Judge Haggard quote of the day: "Mr. Hood, we're in court, we're not in the street. We go by rules in here." #JamieHood

#JamieHood - Did you tell the Det that Omari Wray got some threats on Facebook? Brooks - Yes, he got a threat on FB

Brooks says Omari showed him the threat on his FB page. DA objects to hearsay. #JamieHood - If a person is deCEASED, the rule doesn't apply

Judge to #JamieHood - That's not a proper response to his objection

#JamieHood - Why are you lying on me?! DA: Your honor!

10. walkie-talkie

#JamieHood - You didn't have nothing to do with Mr. Wray's murder did ya? Brooks chuckles

#JamieHood - What do you remember? Brooks - Your gun in my face

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 1h1 hour ago
    #jamiehood wants to recall Detective Jeffrey Clark who was just on the witness stand this morning #11alive

And the jury is sent out again. #JamieHood

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 47m47 minutes ago
    #JamieHood claming he was robbed and then shot at.THAT bullet left THE shell casing that matches the ones at Omari's house. #therealkiller

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 45m45 minutes ago
    Judge's clerk leaned over and whispered something to him, then judge calls for a break before bringing the jury back in. #JamieHood

11. walkie-talkie

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 32m32 minutes ago
    Det Clark back on the stand. #JamieHood

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 33m33 minutes ago
    Clark testifying that Judon Brooks told him "Go look at #JamieHood's Cadillac, it has a bullet hole in the door."

#JamieHood - "What went through your mind when you were told that?" Clark - That you were in Atlanta and someone tried to shoot at you

#JamieHood - Did you try to investigate you shot at me? Clarke said that wasn't his area

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 30m30 minutes ago
    #JamieHood - Did it ever occur to you that Judon Brooks knew who robbed me and shot at my car?

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 10m10 minutes ago
    #JamieHood "Did you find the gun that killed Omari Wray?" No Jamie: No further questions

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 9m9 minutes ago
    #JamieHood - OBJECTION! He can't say he said that. DA: I move to play that section Jamie: Let him play it Judge!

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 8m8 minutes ago
    Judge - Play if for the jury #JamieHood in very high pitched school girl voice, "Let em play it!"

12. walkie-talkie

Next witness in #JamieHood - Officer Carter Green.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 34m34 minutes ago
    Next witness in #JamieHood trial - GBI Agent Rebecca Shaw Herold

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 33m33 minutes ago
    Agent Rebecca Herold testified in the State's case, but remember... #JamieHood kept most of these witnesses under subpoena

#JamieHood ?'s Agent Herold about her interview with Judon Brooks (Det Clark was there)

DA objects to #jamiehood asking "Tell us what Judon said in that interview" saying we've already heard that interview.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 31m31 minutes ago
    Herold confirms Brooks made a statement to her about #JamieHood having a bullet hole in his car and him being robbed.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 30m30 minutes ago
    #JamieHood asking Herold the same ?'s he asked Det Clark. Why didn't you investigate the bullet hole in my car, the robbery, etc...

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 25m25 minutes ago
    #JamieHood "I ain't got no more questions...." Judge to DA "Cross examination?" Jamie "No, no, no..I'm not done"

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 23m23 minutes ago
    #JamieHood says for the SECOND time today that the judge is bias toward the prosecutor.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 23m23 minutes ago
    Bahahahah! #JamieHood to judge: Are you going to sustain an objection for me sometime. Judge: I might Jamie: I'd appreciate it

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 7m7 minutes ago
    DA: Your honor, I hate to do this but there's a matter to take up outside the jury #JamieHood

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 6m6 minutes ago
    DA objecting to #JamieHood bringing up multiple times "slick boys" on the photo from Omari Wray's FB that judge has not allowed in.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 4m4 minutes ago
    #JamieHood - Judon denied being a Slick Boy. He's a Slick Boy and he knows it.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 3m3 minutes ago
    Judge: Mr. Hood, when we decided to represent yourself, you agreed to follow the rules. #JamieHood

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 2m2 minutes ago
    #JamieHood wants to know about hearsay when it comes to deceased persons. (that's what your stand by counsel is for)

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 2m2 minutes ago
    Judge bringing jury back in #JamieHood

13. walkie-talkie

14. walkie-talkie

15. walkie-talkie

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 15 - PART 1

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 15 - PART 2

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 15 - PART 3

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 15 - PART 4

16. walkie-talkie

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 6h6 hours ago
    #jamiehood calls witness Veronica Harper but no one can find her #11Alive
    [​IMG]

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 6h6 hours ago
    #jamiehood calls Ryan Mackey as a witness. He's not here apparently either. Jury sent back out #11Alive

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 6h6 hours ago
    Brian Mackey just arrived to testify for #jamiehood

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 6h6 hours ago
    #JamieHood says Mackey will testify about Facebook threats to Wray., DA argues its hearsay

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 6h6 hours ago
    Mackey saw Omari Wray the day he was killed. Wray said he was taking Brittany to Applebees that night. #JamieHood

Mackey - That night, Mackey's mom called him, told him Omari had been shot. #JamieHood

Mackey says he doesn't really remember much about the threat, something about Facebook. "Judon would know better" #JamieHood

#JamieHood - Would Judon Brooks being your cousin have any bearing on you forgetting things?

Oops, #JamieHood didn't want that testimony coming up. Mackey - You were irritated with Rasheed and you were talking about killing him

17. walkie-talkie

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 5h5 hours ago
    #JamieHood calls Andrea Long to the stand. She is Brian Mackey's girlfriend.

Long denies ever speaking to Agt Shaw. #JamieHood - Does the Agt have a reason to lie about talking to you?

Long - I just don't ever recall talking to the agent. #JamieHood

#JamieHood - You don't recall telling the agent on the phone that Wray and Brooks were best friends? Long - No

#JamieHood - You don't recall telling the agent that Wray was threatened through Facebook? Long - I didn't even know he had a FB page

Long is excused. Judge takes a break...after telling jury he'll set up haircut appointments for them. :) #JamieHood

(LOL)

18. walkie-talkie

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 5h5 hours ago
    Juror in the #jamiehood trial had a father-in-law die. Judge says juror can attend the funeral No date for funeral yet #11alive

On the stand in #JamieHood - Athens-Clarke Officer Charles Ivey.

#JamieHood asks about threats to Omari on FB about "Seeing him on the Black Road at a party, having a good time, gonna get him."

Ivey now recalls that there was an in-person interview with Veronica Harper, not just on the phone. #JamieHood.

#JamieHood - Why did you forget about the interview with Miss Harper? Ivey - Because I'm human Jamie - What else have you forgotten?

#JamieHood - Do you have any personal knowledge if they found the gun that shot and killed Mr. Omari Wray? Ivey - No, I do not

#JamieHood - Prior to March 22, 2011, did you know that Mr. Brooks was a drug dealer? Ivey - No, I did not

#JamieHood - Did you investigate a gang called Slick Boys? Ivey - I did not Jamie - Why not Ivey - That was not assigned to me

Athens detective Charles Ivey routinely says to #jamiehood "I don't understand your question" #11Alive

19. walkie-talkie

#jamiehood rants "this prosecution...is a joke" #11Alive

[​IMG]

#JamieHood to judge - They gonna put me on death row cause this is a joke.....

#JamieHood to judge - I want to put on the record again that you are bias & prejudice in favor of the prosecution

#JamieHood - DA objects, judge allows the question, Hood complains, Judge to Jamie: Do you understand I allowed the question?

#JamieHood asking about a gun holster found in Judon Brooks glove box

#JamieHood - Do you cut deals with certain people and let them get away with certain crimes? Objection, argumentative. Sustained

20. walkie-talkie

Judge taking short break in #JamieHood

Having to bring inmate in, that's why judge took a break saying, "This is going to take a minute to get him over here" #JamieHood

Inmate Mahaffey on the stand. He was originally questioned for the Omari Wray. #JamieHood

[​IMG]

Mahaffey: "I never been face to face with Omari before, I just know he sell dope" #JamieHood

Judon Brooks, at the time, thought Mahaffey had something to do with Omari's death. He accused him of robbing Omari #JamieHood

Police followed up on info given to them by Brooks about Mahaffey. Police went to Mahaffey's house. #JamieHood

Mahaffey told police he was playing basketball the night of Omari's death. #JamieHood

Current Police Chief with a different agency, Jim Fullington on the stand, was with Athens at time of Omari investigation. #JamieHood

Fullington had never heard #JamieHood's name attached to the Omari Wray case prior to the officer's shootings 4 months later

Fullinton confirms that Mahaffey told him that after Omari's death Judon threatened him. #JamieHood