1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Vanessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Vanessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

OFFICER BUDDY CHRISTIAN: The State of Georgia vs. Jamie Hood for murder *GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by walkie-talkie, Jul 7, 2015.

1. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 2h2 hours ago
    Next witness in #JamieHood trial is Officer David Norris. (another witness that was called in State's case)

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 1h1 hour ago
    Norris Went to Mahaffey's house to investigate Omari Wray's murder. #JamieHood

#JamieHood continuing with the theme that he was not a suspect in Omari Wray's death until he shot Ofc Howard and Ofc Christian.

Next witness in #JamieHood trial - Jerry Saulters, Athens-Clarke Police Dept.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 59m59 minutes ago
    Saulters interviewed Emmett Smith who he was told had an argument with Omari Wray. #JamieHood

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 58m58 minutes ago
    Judon Brooks told Saulters that he had given Omari Wray marijuana , it was in a speaker in the house. #JamieHood

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 56m56 minutes ago
    #JamieHood wants to know why Saulters didn't pass on the info about Brooks giving drugs to Wray to the drug unit.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 56m56 minutes ago
    Saulters: in a homicide case when there's a small amount of drugs involved they are not concerned w/that, focused on murder #JamieHood

2. walkie-talkie

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 50m50 minutes ago
    Judge sends jury out. #JamieHood needs a moment to set something up for next witness.

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 34m34 minutes ago
    #JamieHood asks for a recess because he's not feeling well.He was complaint of a headache right after lunch #11Alive

[​IMG]

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 28m28 minutes ago
    Next witness in #JamieHood trial - Hamilton (didn't catch first name) communication officer. (911 dispatch)

[​IMG]

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 27m27 minutes ago
    Hamilton recd Judon Brooks' 911 call. #JamieHood

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 18m18 minutes ago
    #JamieHood - Didn't you type 'look for Jamie Hood' ? Hamilton - No, I typed that Judon Brooks said Jamie Hood kidnapped him

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 17m17 minutes ago
    Judon Brooks did not tell 911 he was carjacked by #JamieHood he said he was kidnapped

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 14m14 minutes ago
    Next witness in #JamieHood - Melissa Green, communication officer (911)

[​IMG]

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 9m9 minutes ago
    Judon Brooks 911 call being played. #JamieHood

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 7m7 minutes ago
    Brooks on 911 call: "Luckily, I jumped out of the boot of the car. They hog-tied me and everything .." #JamieHood

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 7m7 minutes ago
    It's the 911 call taker who asks "you've been carjacked?" Brooks never says that and #JamieHood is obsessing on that

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 4m4 minutes ago
    Brooks: I know exactly who one of the dudes is .. his name is #JamieHood.

3. walkie-talkie

4. walkie-talkie

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 10m10 minutes ago
    #JamieHood says he is on blood pressure meds that are effecting him adversely , trial may recess early

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 9m9 minutes ago
    #JamieHood may not be able to continue today...just before his brother is to take the stand

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 7m7 minutes ago
    #JamieHood's brother Matthew is currently serving time for an armed robbery in 2014.

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 59s59 seconds ago
    #JamieHood in recess until tomorrow morning

5. walkie-talkie

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 16 - PART 1

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 16 - PART 2

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 16 - PART 3

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 16 - PART 4

6. walkie-talkie

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 15h15 hours ago
    #JamieHood's brother to testify today in #Athens cop-killer trial #ABHCrime http://fw.to/KpKAdud

[​IMG]

#JamieHood asked for photos showing positions of Tony Howard's car and Matthew's SUV

We know where that's going #JamieHood

#JamieHood wants to ask why brother took a nolo plea in armed robbery; objection sustained

#JamieHood trying to say bro took plea because DA pressured him

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 15h15 hours ago
    Matthew: I got a call from my brother #JamieHood, meet me at Mac Donalds.

Matthew: When we were driving, we passed Ofc Howard who started saying,"Hood stop the car! Hood stop the car! Hood stop the car!" #JamieHood

Matthew heard the gun shots and thought they had shot his brother, he got on the ground. #JamieHood

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 15h15 hours ago
    Matthew Hood says his brother #jamiehood jumped out ran. "A few seconds later I heard some gunshots" #11alive

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 15h15 hours ago
    "I thought they'd killed my brother" said Matthew Hood #jamiehood #11alive

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 14h14 hours ago
    #JamieHood shows Matthew Hood the pic of his red SUV at crime scene, Matthew denying that is the spot he parked it.

"I know for a fact that is not where I parked it," Matthew Hood testifies about the location of his red SUV. #JamieHood

7. walkie-talkie

Matthew, "Somebody had to park it right there, I didn't do it." #JamieHood

[​IMG]

Matthew Hood, "My car was nowhere in that neighborhood." Huh? #JamieHood

#JamieHood wanted the judge to send jury out, judge refused and said, "Ask another ?" Jamie: You honor, we are here for the troof

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 14h14 hours ago
    #JamieHood: did they give you a plea bargain to come here and say certain things?

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 14h14 hours ago
    Matthew Hood insisting the picture of where his car was parked is NOT where he stopped?! #jamiehood #11alive

#JamieHood - Mr. Hood, do you have short term memory loss problems? Matthew says he was in a vehicle accident in 2005 that causes problems

#JamieHood shows his brother some of the dash cam footage of officers helping Ofc Howard on the ground asking if he remembers any of that

Matthew says he recalls some of that. (the scene of officer's helping Ofc Howard on the ground) #JamieHood

Haha! #JamieHood shows Matthew video proof of him being put in police car w/SUV in background. Matthew: I don't know how that got there.

#JamieHood asks judge to send jury out. Jury gone.

8. walkie-talkie

#JamieHood complaining to judge that prosecutors must have gotten to his brother with a plea deal

[​IMG]

Prosecutor speaks very calmly, "I don't know what he's talking about...this is his witness. We haven't even spoken to him" #JamieHood

#JamieHood about his brother "This is a credibility issue here!"

DA: Matthew Hood was sentenced to 15 yrs this year for armed robbery in 2014. #JamieHood

#JamieHood asking Matthew outside presence of jury about possible deal with DA

Matthew re what DA said, "They gave me a plea bargain. Because of your brother we gonna get you too "You feel me?" #JamieHood

Matthew: "My lawyer said this month she had an order from Ken Mauldin to revoke your probation" #JamieHood

#JamieHood to Matthew, "Is it possible you forgot you parked your SUV right there?" Matthew, "I did NOT park it there."

#JamieHood, "Is it possible Ofc Howard parked your car there?" Matthew: "I don't know what to say about it"

#JamieHood "Did you see yourself get put in that police car?" (the video of Matthew, cuffed, placed in back of patrol car) Matthew: Yes

#JamieHood: And when you saw yourself being placed in the back of police car, you see your red SUV in the background? Matthew: I do..but....

9. walkie-talkie

Judge not allowing #JamieHood to ask a ? Jamie: Well why don't ya'll send me straight through to death row?!

#JamieHood to Matthew: How did it make you feel when they killed your brother? (Timothy) Matthew: It hurt me

DA now on cross exam of #JamieHood's brother Matthew Hood.

DA: You do remember as you were putting your car in park your brother jumped out, right? Matthew: Yeah, he got out

DA: You heard 2 shots, got out and laid down on the ground. You don't remember an officer telling you to do that? Matthew: No sir

DA showing Matthew Hood his sentencing paperwork.

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 14h14 hours ago
    Matthew Hood says its a misprint where he signed his name on sentencing document

Matthew Hood is excused.....subject to recall of course.

10. walkie-talkie

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 13h13 hours ago
    Officer Johnson investigated the Omari Wray scene.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 13h13 hours ago
    GBI Agent Sara Thomas on the stand in

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 12h12 hours ago
    DA going over Quinton Riden's interview. #JamieHood said "Now Athens-Clarke police dept will know what it's like to lose one of their own"

Riden interview: #JamieHood told him he shot Ofc Christian because he knew he saw him shoot Ofc Howard.

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 12h12 hours ago
    Good job by DA using Agent Thomas to have #JamieHood jury refocus on the real issues

#JamieHood told Riden that Ken Campbell and Brooks gave him his Cadillac

The story with Ken Campbell (according to interview with Riden) #JamieHood introduced Campbell to drug dealer.

The different looks on the face of this GBI agent during #JamieHood's cross exam are PRICELESS

Judge: Ask another question #JamieHood - If I can't ask that question then I got nothin' else to say (But goes on talking anyway)

#JamieHood - Is it common practice to present what evidence you want...Objection

#JamieHood - Judge I'm wasting my time here and it's a joke so no more ?'s.

11. walkie-talkie

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 10h10 hours ago
    #JamieHood swears in his next witness - Officer Harold Kitchen.

Officer Kitchen loosened Matthew Hood's cuffs after he complained they were too tight. Matthew mentioned he though #JamieHood had been shot

Kelly was at the Chiropractor on Sycamore Drive the day of the shootings.

#JamieHood starts the dash cam video for Kelly showing him Sycamore, "Is this how you were going?" Kelly, "Nah" lol

Kelly saw a red car pull over and the police car pull behind him

Kelly saw the shootings and then he thought maybe this is some kind of drill.

Kelly had no cell phone on him, he decided to just drive home. "I don't really have a television, I just watch movies.."

Kelly got on the internet and saw 2 officers were shot, he called his brother-in-law. (HOW ABOUT CALLING 911?!!)

Kelly's brother-in-law called the police and told them Kelly was a witness.

Kelly said no one ever called him so he called the FBI in Atlanta. (you can't just call 911?)

Hmmm, Kelly says the SUV and police car were "sort of butted up together"

#JamieHood to judge: I want to say this because I have a right to say this.

Judge to #JamieHood: Then ask the question instead of talking about it. Jamie: You all cut me off if I try to

Judge to #JamieHood: Do you have any questions for your stand-by counsel on how to refresh a witnesses memory?

12. walkie-talkie

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 9h9 hours ago
    #JamieHood playing Kelly's GBI interview.

Jury is not present

Kelly said he saw #JamieHood do a jerking move away from Ofc Howard's car window he thought was "horseplay".

Kelly says he doesn't know if it was #JamieHood. Jamie: "Unfortunately, I'm da guy"

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 8h8 hours ago
    #JamieHood calls Officer Howard's brother-in-law, Officer Jerry Johnson to the stand. (Johnson testified for the State)

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 7h7 hours ago
    Jury sent out. #JamieHood - I'm telling you judge. Your attitude,the jury can see what you're doing. Judge- Are you talking about me?

Judge very calmly tells #JamieHood to stop making comments in front of the jury. Jamie still goes on for minute. Judge has jury come back

*shock* Officer is excused...NOT subject to recall.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 7h7 hours ag0
    Next witness in #JamieHood trial - Officer Richard Leder

#JamieHood to Judge re witness - I"m bringing him in here to show the audio/video of Ofc Howard's car was working.

DA is saying it's not relevant that Ofc Howard's camera was working in Jan of 2011

Judge wants to take a look to see if admitting for demonstrative purposes.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 6h6 hours ago
    That's it for the #JamieHood jury today. Sounded like the DA had something to bring up with the judge when jury is gone.

13. walkie-talkie

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 17 - PART 1

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 17 - PART 2

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 17 - PART 3

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 17 - PART 4

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 17 - PART 5

JAMIE HOOD MURDER TRIAL: DAY 17 - PART 6

14. walkie-talkie

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 6h6 hours ago
    Awaiting start of the #jamiehood trial. We expect Hood to take the stand in his defense at some point today #11alive

[​IMG]

Richard Elliot ‏@RElliotWSB 6h6 hours ago
    It's very rare that any defendant in any criminal trial represents himself. Even rarer in a death penalty case.

Rarer still is the death penalty defendant representing himself who also decides to testify.

The trial is starting now. Hood has called a GBI agent to the witness stand.

#jamiehood asks GBI agent to admit a witnesses' text into evidence: "Jim Hood got me act gun point" -sent by alleged hostage Quentin Riden

#jamiehood alleged hostage text: “tell everybody to stop callin im straight..

text continued: "...and get somebody to call them police and tell them don’t make this man mad”

#JamieHood wanting to show the "hostages" weren't really hostages however the text messages he's showing...one says "Don't make the man mad"

Another text sent saying #JamieHood has them at gun point. I'm not sure how this is helping Jamie's case.

#jamiehood admits into evidence several texts from his alleged hostages. We can't figure out how this would work in his favor

Hood is introducing text messages from his alleged hostages to their family members. They seem to support the prosecution.

15. walkie-talkie

The prosecution contends he held nine people hostage before finally surrendering. Hood doesn't believe they were hostages.

#jamiehood asks for bathroom break then says "two more witnesses and then me"

#jamiehood has told the judge previously that he will end his defense by taking the stand

Richard Elliot ‏@RElliotWSB 5h5 hours ago
    Here's what will happen when Hood takes the stand in his own defense. He will be allowed to talk...essentially a monologue.

He will not question himself...he'll just talk about what happened. But he will still be subject to the rules of evidence.

That means Hood cannot go in hearsay to admit something that is inadmissable. The prosecution can object to his testimony.

Then he will be subject to cross examination by the prosecution and we expect that to be withering.

16. walkie-talkie

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 5h5 hours ago
    Judge reviewing Christian autopsy photos #JamieHood wants to use when his forensics expert testifies

#JamieHood DA objecting to autopsy photos. Strange. Usually the photos are inflammatory against the defense

Court is back in session. Hood called Chris Robinson, a forensics expert.

Richard Elliot ‏@RElliotWSB 3h3 hours ago
    The DA is trying to discredit Hood's forensic expert by bringing up his past employment issues including reprimands and suspensions.

Hood's forensics expert admitted he was fired from the Atlanta Police Department.

Hood is very upset over the DA's attempt to discredit his forensics expert.

Buddy' family has left the courtroom prior to #JamieHood's autopsy presentation

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 5h5 hours ago
    #jamiehood calls his forensics expert,Chris Robinson-used to work at GBI. Has testified nearly 600 times #11alive

[​IMG]

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 5h5 hours ago
    #JamieHood had Robinson investigate Hood's Cadillac (bullet hole in door)

DA:There's been no evidence about a 'shooting incident" regarding the Cadillac Judge:Sustained #JamieHood: Have ya'll not been listening?

17. walkie-talkie

#JamieHood wants his witness to be able to testify to the similarities between bullet hole in Cadillac& casings @ Wrays & in Cadillac

#JamieHood: Are you aware that Brooks said I was robbed and someone shot at my Cadillac? DA: Objection, Brooks said Mr.Hood told him that

Judge allows the question #JamieHood:Can it be concluded that the person that robbed me used the same gun that killed Mr Wray? Robinson:Yes

There is no evidence the same gun that fired a bullet into #JamieHood' car is the same gun that ejected the casing located in back seat

Portia Bruner ‏@PortiaFOX5 4h4 hours ago
    Forensic expert explains bullet & shell casing trajectory to #JamieHood jury w/gun used in cop's murder. #fox5atl
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Joe Johnson ‏@JoeJohnsonABH 4h4 hours ago
    @JRuby Jordan testified she heard shot, Omari yelled Ma! #JamieHood in recording said after Omari cried for his mama he shot him some more

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 4h4 hours ago
    Robinson says the casings at Howard's car indicate to him they "probably" bounced off #JamieHood and landed where they were on the ground

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 4h4 hours ago
    Robinson says the muzzle of the gun was right up against the glass when it was fired. #JamieHood (what is the point of this?)

18. walkie-talkie

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 4h4 hours ago
    We still have the prosecutions cross examination of forensic expert Chris Robinson, then #jamiehood will take the stand

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 4h4 hours ago
    DA now cross examining forensics expert Chris Robinson in #jamiehood trial
    self and take the stand.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 3h3 hours ago
    DA: You didn't bother to tell the jury that you were fired from your job with the Atlanta Police Dept, did you? #JamieHood - Objection!

#JamieHood yelling at the judge. "YOU gave me this expert!" (to the jduge) YOU didn't tell me nothin' about this"

DA: There was an incident where you shot yourself accidentally in hand, wasn't there? Robinson: Yes sir

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 3h3 hours ago
    #jamiehood dressing down the judge as the DA is discrediting Hood's forensic expert based on past employment problems

DA: Didn't you indicate that it was strange they didn't look at Ofc Howard's clothes and yet you didn't look at them either

Robinson says he can't perform the test even if he requested Howard's shirt because he doesn't have the appropriate chemicals

DA: You don't have any opinion on where those casings land once they hit the ground, do you?

#JamieHood - That's speculation, he don't know where I had the gun at

#JamieHood objects to DA saying Howard was sitting in the vehicle when he was shot, even though his own expert agrees with that

#JamieHood - He wasn't sitting down! He was comin' out his window grabbin' at me like this (Hood wasn't on camera)

Robinson testifies that the bullet hole trajectory in #JamieHood Cadillac door shows it was fired from inside the car.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 2h2 hours ago
    #JamieHood - Mr.Robinson, did I tell you I shot Omari Wray? No Did I ever tell you I was robbed? Yes Did I tell you I shot the officers? Yes

19. walkie-talkie

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 1h1 hour ago
    #jamiehood jury is back at courthouse. There's a slight delay in afternoon start. We expect Hood to take the stand in his defense

Richard Elliot ‏@RElliotWSB 2h2 hours ago
    I've covered trials for nearly 30yrs. I've never seen a death penalty defendant represent himself and take the stand.

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 52m52 minutes ago
    #jamiehood sorting through maps in evidence he wants to show jury while he testifies on the stand

Richard Elliot ‏@RElliotWSB 1h1 hour ago
    Judge says Hood needs to testify from the witness stand. His standby counsel will swear him in.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 52m52 minutes ago
    #JamieHood - I feel like I'm being deprived of a fair trial

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 51m51 minutes ago
    #JamieHood - Judge you won't allow me to talk about the death of my brother. I can't present a full case. It's violating my rights

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 52m52 minutes ago
    #JamieHood - I do not feel my constitutional rights are being respected

Richard Elliot ‏@RElliotWSB 49m49 minutes ago
    He wants to bring up what he calls his "illegal" past conviction on armed robbery charges.

#JamieHood calling his prior conviction an "illegal conviction"

Judge denies #JamieHood's request to reconsider #JamieHood says - Well I guess your honor, I'll be calling Mr. Jamie Hood to the stand.

20. walkie-talkie

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 50m50 minutes ago
    #jamiehood on witness stand #11Alive

[​IMG]

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 48m48 minutes ago
    #JamieHood begins - I was locked up in 1997 for an armed robbery I was innocent of

Richard Elliot ‏@RElliotWSB 52m52 minutes ago
    Hood claims he saw Tony Howard having sex with a married female deputy. Says Howard beat him because of it.

Richard Elliot ‏@RElliotWSB 41m41 minutes ago
    Hood said "I'm a man." He says if he killed Omari Wray, he'd admit to it.

Richard Elliot ‏@RElliotWSB 40m40 minutes ago
    He's accused of shooting Wray to death three months before shooting the two Athens police officers.

Portia Bruner ‏@PortiaFOX5 39m39 minutes ago
    #Jamiehood says he started selling dope bc "I couldn't get a job bc of an illegal robbery charge put on me."

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 31m31 minutes ago
    #JamieHood imitating his version of Howard screaming "HOOD PULL OVER, HOOD PULL OVER!"

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 29m29 minutes ago
    #JamieHood claims he tried to run past Howard's car. "He come out the window, he hit me, he had me"

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 30m30 minutes ago
    #JamieHood - After he shot Howard he ran up the middle of the road, he saw Ofc Christian, never saw him in his life.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 31m31 minutes ago
    #JamieHood claims Christian was driving down the road and stopped when he saw Hood. Says he saw Christian reach for his gun