1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Vic OWEN REDMAN: Missing from Brunswick, Vic - 21 Feb 1991 - Age 25

Discussion in 'Australia: Missing & Unidentified' started by Kimster, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

[​IMG]

Owen Redman
    Missing since February 21, 1991 from Brunswick, Victoria, Australia Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: October 8, 1966
      • Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
      • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5' 9 1/2"
      • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Light brown hair; blue eyes. Slim build.
      • Clothing: Jeans, green shirt, silver ring of Indian design.
      • AKA: Owen Moore, Stuart Moore

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Redman, an employee of Green Peace at the time of his disappearance, left his house in a distressed state. He had split with his partner at the time. He did not take his belongings with him. He failed to turn up for work and did not collect his pay. Redman took no money, bank books or personal belongings.

Victoria Police investigators believe Owen Redman may have moved to an outlying Aboriginal settlement or cattle station in either Western Australia or the Northern Territory. To date Mr. Redman has not contacted any family members or friends who remain concerned for his welfare. It is believed Mr. Redman may have changed his surname to Moore.

A letter to Redman's brother written in 1992, stating that Owen had died of a drug overdose, is believed by the brother to have been written by Redman himself. Ongoing investigations through the years have been fruitless.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

National Missing Persons Unit 1 800 333 000

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1812dmvic.html

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...missing-from-brunswick-victoria-australia.28/

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
    Lily, spike, walkie-talkie and 2 others like this.
  2. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

REDMAN, an employee of Greenpeace at the time, failed to turn up for work and did not collect his pay. REDMAN took no money, bank books or personal belongings. He was wearing jeans, a green shirt and one silver ring of Indian design.
    It is believed that REDMAN was in a distressed state at the time of his disappearance.

To date REDMAN has not contacted any family members or friends who remain concerned for his welfare. It is believed REDMAN may have changed his surname to MOORE.
    Police want to hear from any person with information surrounding REDMAN disappearance.

Please contact Crime Stoppers on 1800333000.

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindOwen

Lily, spike, walkie-talkie and 3 others like this.
  3. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

People missing and missed Anthony Dowsley

1st August 2005

OWEN Redman vanished 14 years ago without a trace, sparking a long and painful search.

His family still believe he is alive and want to hear his voice again.
    He was 25 when he vanished and would now be 38.

Yesterday, police and welfare agencies launched Missing Persons Week, urging people to contact their family through an email, just to let them know they are OK.

In Victoria thousands of people are left anguished and bewildered when a loved one has left without trace.

Police figures show that in the 12 months to July, 6646 people were reported missing in Victoria -- 2912 were 17 or younger.

Owen's father, John, and brother, Dylan, said he had become depressed over relationship problems and suddenly left his house, leaving almost everything he owned behind.

Police were told he failed to attend work and did not collect his wages while his money, bankbooks and passport were found at his Brunswick home.

"The last time I saw him was in 1990, around about his birthday on October 8," John said.

"He was upset he had split with his partner at the time."

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/OwenRedman.htm

4. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Owen Redman was aged 25 when he went missing in 1991. He would now be 38. Mr Redman worked as a subscription salesman for Greenpeace, mostly around Brunswick and Collingwood.

His younger brother, Dylan, broke down at yesterday's launch as he described the 14 years since he had seen his brother.

"I just want to know. Is he OK? Is he dead? Is he overseas having a great time?" Mr Redman said as he wept.

"I would do anything to see my brother again. If he was in London, I would buy a ticket to be there tomorrow.

"I just want to see him, or at least know, to get some sort of closure on this whole thing."

spike, Lily, walkie-talkie and 2 others like this.
  5. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Dylan Redman has searched for brother Owen since he went missing from Brunswick 23 years ago

August 10, 2014

WHEN Owen Redman disappeared without a trace in the early 1990s, it left a haunting gap in his younger brother’s life.

Reported missing in February 1991, Owen, then 24, did not collect his pay from Greenpeace, left behind his contact lens cleaning kit — which he was “fanatical” about having with him — and took nothing else but the clothes he was wearing at the time.

His younger brother, Dylan, has spent much of the past 23 years searching for Owen, but to no avail.

And while he still hopes to find him, police are preparing a report for the Coroner.

“He’s a pretty intelligent guy, but pretty emotional as well,” Dylan said.

“I don’t think he would have been in with a crowd of drug dealers or anything like that.

“He may have taken off overseas or just gone bush.”

Moreland detective Senior Constable Leah Bound said Owen had been known to use a number of aliases, including Simon or Stuart for first names and Moore for his surname.

spike, Lily, walkie-talkie and 3 others like this.
  6. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

spike, Lily, walkie-talkie and 4 others like this.
  7. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

Dylan will never give up hope or stop searching, i really applaud him.
    Owen looks like a free spirit in his picture i think.

spike, Lily, Takeitfromme and 4 others like this.
  8. Kimster

Dylan is an amazing example of the bond between brothers.♡

MissyMoo, spike, Lily and 4 others like this.
  9. Dylan Redman

Dylan Redman Active Member

I love and miss my brother. Thank you for posting this. I also have a facebook page dedicated to finding Owen that I ask people to share in the hope that someone might know what has happened to Owen. facebook.com/helpfindowen

MarlyWings, Lily, MissyMoo and 7 others like this.
  10. Kimster

:hug: I'm honored to meet you! Searching for your brother for all these years must be so difficult. I'm not going to pretend I understand what you've been going through because I don't.

Is there anything we can do to help? And I'll be sure to join your Facebook page.

11. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to Crimewatchers Dylan, its good to have you with us. I am sorry its under these circumstances. :hug:

Lily, MissyMoo, noZme and 4 others like this.
  12. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

:welcome: Glad you're here with us at Crimewatchers. Sorry it is under these circumstances. May you have answers in your brother's disappearance one day very soon.

Lily, MissyMoo, noZme and 3 others like this.
  14. Dylan Redman

Great to meet you too. Life is interesting but by God's grace we all will get through :)

Not sure what you can do to help apart from just sharing Owen's story as far and wide as possible hoping that there will be someone that can shed some light on this. Sharing the facebook page is a good start and then getting more media stuff out there

15. Kimster

We've been putting his face on Twitter too. And will continue to do that for you! Just let us know if there's anything else you can think of that we can do. We will do it!

We have Aussie members too. I don't know if they're online right now? They'll probably be checking in later though.

16. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

Dylan,

I too am glad you're here at Crime Watchers, but sorry it's under these circumstances.
    Hoping and praying you find answers. I can't even begin to imagine what you have been going through all of these years.

Lily, MissyMoo, ShortWave and 2 others like this.
  17. Dylan Redman

I have a twitter for Owen too @findowen

Lily, MissyMoo, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  18. Dylan Redman

Thank you everyone for all that you are doing. I appreciate you all!

Lily, MissyMoo, ShortWave and 3 others like this.
  19. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

Just shared the Help Find Owen Facebook page on Twitter and Facebook, and retweeted your last tweet.

Lily, MissyMoo, ShortWave and 2 others like this.
  20. Dylan Redman

Hi
    The last 24 years have been a challenge but I keep hoping and praying that this will come to a positive resolution one day....and that I can use this situation for good...to reach out to other people and empathize with their situation and help others who have lost loved ones...and even help other people who are thinking about "leaving" that they will seek help rather than leave behind a family/friends.
    That is my prayer overall...that I can help others. Going through this helps me understand.

MarlyWings, Lily, SoSueMe and 6 others like this.