1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Vic OWEN REDMAN: Missing from Brunswick, Vic - 21 Feb 1991 - Age 25

Discussion in 'Australia: Missing & Unidentified' started by Kimster, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Wonderful! :clap: How can we make sure Owen is on the list? Who handles his case now?

MissyMoo and Lily like this.
  2. Dylan Redman

Dylan Redman Active Member

Unfortunately Owen's case in the hands of Moreland CIU and the officer in charge of the case has made a submission to the coroner to declare Owen deceased and close the case

MissyMoo likes this.
  3. Kimster

Oh no! :tears:

We aren't as quick to do that in the USA. I think the family has to make the request, under most circumstances.

4. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

Awwww c'mon! Really??? Is there an injunction in a court you could file for?

MissyMoo, MarlyWings, Lily and 2 others like this.
  5. Dylan Redman

This is most likely the procedure that the police have to follow. I will get some advice on this

6. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

7. Kimster

Thinking about Owen and Dylan. :praying:

8. Dylan Redman

9. Alioop

Alioop Member

Hi Dylan, I am so sorry for you and your family that Owen disappeared from your lives. I can only guess how that feels. One of the administrators asked me to comment as I am an Australian lawyer. I see from your find Owen Facebook page that the coroner has declared Owen deceased. As upsetting as this is to you, it's just a legality, it doesn't change anything in actuality. Either Owen is still alive or he is not but its no different to the day before the Coroners decision. It stops any active investigation by police but if new evidence turns up they should investigate. And you can keep looking for him.
    I wish you the best and I hope you find out what happened to Owen. Take care of yourself first as your life and happiness is just as important as Owen's.

10. Dylan Redman

Thank you. I realise that the coroner's ruling might not be an accurate reflection of reality and is merely based on the evidence at hand.

However it does feel as though someone has taken to my heart with steal capped boots (mispelling intentional).....however the one thing no-one should ever tell me is that I cannot do something or it is over....while there is still hope (i.e. There is no physical evidence)

I will try harder and sacrifice more....to find out what has happened!

11. Dylan Redman

True...you can't even guess how it feels....and I hope you never have to

12. Kimster

Thinking about Owen and his faithful brother @Dylan Redman !

:grouphug:

13. Dylan Redman

Thank you. I truly appreciate this group and your encouragement :)

14. Kimster

Information from Owen's Facebook page:

The Walk for Owen starts again on November 1st - I am walking 300,000 steps over 30 days for my missing brother Owen to try and get his story out to more people in the hope that someone might know what has happened to Owen.

Please share this page/post and join me in walking for a missing person...have a look at http://www.missingpersons.gov.au/missing-perso…/profiles/vic

contact your local media and tell them who you are walking for...raise awareness for missing persons cases

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindOwen/?fref=ts

MissyMoo, Lily, MarlyWings and 2 others like this.
  15. Dylan Redman

Thank you for posting that :)

MissyMoo, Lily, MarlyWings and 2 others like this.
  16. Kimster

You're welcome! Wish I were in Oz so I could participate!

17. Dylan Redman

Ahhhh but you can :)

Go to facebook.com/walkforowen

It is a virtual walk....as in anyone can do it and anywhere. I have a fit bit and will post screen shots of each day's steps...I am aiming for 10,000 steps a day but will probably hit 15,000

18. Kimster

Wait, what??? Really! That's really kewl!

MissyMoo, Lily and MarlyWings like this.
  19. Dylan Redman

20. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Thanks for letting us know about the walk Dylan!

Righto I'll be in it as from Monday. A treadmill will make it easier....lol.

It is disappointing about that tv show deciding not to take on Owen's story.

I always remember this quote from another missing person case....

People can’t just vanish. He’s somewhere.