1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

IL PAUL FRONCZAK: Missing from Chicago, IL - 27 April 1964 - Age 1 day

Discussion in 'Missing 1900 to 1979' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Apr 27, 2016.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

FBI reopens case of Chicago infant kidnapped in 1964
    August 2013

[​IMG]

The FBI has reopened its investigation into the kidnapping of a newborn from a Chicago hospital almost half a century ago.

The boy, named Paul Joseph Fronczak, was snatched from the former Michael Reese Hospital in 1964 by a woman posing as a nurse.

Fourteen months later, a toddler abandoned in Newark, N.J., who resembled the missing child was returned to Fronczak's parents after an investigation by the FBI.

But earlier this year, lab tests of DNA swabs from Fronczak's parents determined that he was not the infant taken from Michael Reese.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...0130807_1_chicago-infant-fbi-chicago-hospital

50 years later, Paul Fronczak searches for the baby stolen from his parents
    April 2014

Over the weekend, Paul Fronczak turned 50 years old. The problem: No one knows who the real Paul Fronczak is.

With the help of a DNA test, Paul Fronczak discovered last year that he's not the baby who was taken from a Chicago hospital and later returned to his parents. Now, the Nevada actor is trying to solve a 50-year-old mystery and find his parents' biological child.

"Paul is out there, and I have his birth certificate," he told ABC News. "And I want to give it to him. And then I want to find mine."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/50-years-baby-paul-fronczak-mystery-unsolved-article-1.1772597

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...from-chicago-il-27-april-1964-age-1-day.1473/

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

The little boy who was raised as Paul did finally find his true identity in July 2015!

I-Team: Man's identity revealed, 50-year-old mystery solved

Fronczak knows his family name and he knows where and when he was born.

Public records confirmed that Paul's name at birth was Jack. He was one of five children. His parents are both deceased. Two siblings are still alive. But here's the real shocker.

“I also found out I have a twin sister. My name is Jack. My twin sister's name is Jill. She's missing” Fronczak said.

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/i-team-mans-identity-revealed-50-year-old-mystery-solved

FACEBOOK: WHO IS PAUL FRONCZAK - https://www.facebook.com/WhoIsPaulFronczak/

April 26, 2016

Greetings to All!

Today is Paul's birthday... It has now been four years since I have started this journey! We have uncovered so many answers to these mysteries, yet by doing so, we have unearthed so many new mysteries. I now know who I am, but I am also learning how I became me! What started as a double mystery, has become a triple mystery! I still have two mysteries to solve... What happened to my twin sister, Jill... and more importantly, what happened to Paul! We are currently running down several leads and I believe we will have answers this year! This will be the year that we find out what happened. Happy Birthday Paul! I have not given up... nor will I ever until we have answers. I encourage all of you out there, who have any questions or doubts regarding your beginnings... start digging. We are, the way we are from birth. If you embark on this journey, you may find answers to all that has been haunting you for as long as you can remember!
    Thank you all for following my story... please stay tuned... This isn't over.... Sincerely, Paul/Scott/Jack

Uno2Much, Akoya, Paradise and 2 others like this.
  4. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

So where is Jill? I hope he finds his twin sister.

I'm hoping the woman posed as a nurse to take the baby b/c she couldn't have one of her own and wanted to CARE for the child as if she was it's mother. Don't get me wrong, the person is evil for stealing someone else's child - but in many of these cases the women who posed as nurses at hospitals to steal babies were crazy yet didn't mean harm toward the child. Still, where on earth is he and is he ok??? :(

5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Paul has a website now and wrote a book about his story.
    He's also got a blog on the website that's pretty interesting.

https://www.foundlingpaul.com/

Ever since I was a child I had a feeling I was someone else. Then, when I was 10, I found three boxes in my family's basement that changed everything. I learned about a infamous kidnapping in 1964 that remains unsolved to this day. I learned I was abandoned on a street corner when I was two years old. I learned I wasn't Paul Fronczak after all. "The Foundling" is about how I solved a 50-year-old mystery—and uncovered a dark family secret, a shocking new mystery and an astonishing truth about who I really am.

[​IMG]

6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

BORN IDENTITY
    I was kept in a cage as a baby, given to the wrong family and am now desperately searching for my missing sister

WEARING a nurse's uniform as a disguise, the woman crept into the maternity ward and snatched one-day-old baby Paul from his cradle.

The abduction, from a Chicago hospital, sparked a manhunt which captivated America, but it took two years before the FBI could finally call the baby's distraught parents with the news they had been praying for.

An abandoned toddler had been found in a shopping centre in New Jersey, and investigators had a hunch it could be the same child who was taken by a still-unidentified kidnapper two years previously, in 1964.

With no record of Paul's blood type or fingerprints, it was hard to prove the baby really was him, but facial similarities with the lost baby were enough proof to hand him over to the relieved parents, Dora and Chester Fronczak.

The Fronczaks said that the toddler's ear was the same shape as baby Paul's - based on the one photo they had of him, taken on the day of his birth - and so they took him in and tried to move on from the abduction.

It looked like the saga was over... but it was only just beginning.

The private investigator assigned to his case believes he may have tracked down the bodies of a possible Jill and a possible biological Paul, and he is planning on exhuming them to find the truth.

"Our best lead regarding the real Paul Fronczak involves someone who unfortunately passed away many years ago in Texas," Paul says.

"We also have new leads that come in every week, and we're just going to keep tracking them down until we find the real Paul. We are also running down some serious tips on Jill."

Until the search is over, he's keeping the name Paul, but he hopes that one day he can hand over Paul's birth certificate and live out the rest of his life as Jack Rosenthal - the man he really is.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6581343/paul-joseph-fronczak-missing-identity/