1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

CA PETE DOE: WM, 18-25, found shot in Hacienda Heights, CA - Nov 1972

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1900 to 1979' started by Kimster, May 13, 2015.

1. FlandersFields

FlandersFields Well-Known Member

I wondered about that too because my next question to NAMUS was was the DNA sample from a blood relative? Did they have the same one or two parents? How do these organization verify that the person is indeed the relative (and not an imposter)? These questions are what is lingering inside my head. If I had them answered, then I would feel reassured, but I don't. These tests leave no room for error but I can't help but have these doubts. Donetwork said they would be in contact with me, if there are any changes. I have to wait, and see.

2. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

Wow. I was confident Steven would be a match. The resemblance is remarkable.
    I hope Steven is still alive if our Pete Doe is not a match.

Thanks for the update Flanders Fields and your continued efforts to ID Pete.

FlandersFields, Akoya and Kimster like this.
  3. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

I hadn't thought of that, and that is a good question.

FlandersFields and Akoya like this.
  4. FlandersFields

FlandersFields Well-Known Member

I did emailed NAM.US about that possibility because I am interested in how these possibilities are dealt with when it comes to identifying people. Just want to be certain, but I do think they do a thorough job. I will post their response when I receive it. Thanks.

Akoya and Kimster like this.
  5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

I'm pretty sure if they adopted him, and then were asked for DNA to make a comparison, they would have said, "Oh, he's not our biological child."

FlandersFields, Akoya and Kimster like this.
  6. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

I agree, they do a wonderful job but mistakes can happen. Thanks Flanders, I'm interested to know what they say.

FlandersFields and Akoya like this.
  7. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

Good point SheWho. It's something I hadn't thought of before regarding a missing person
    being an adoptee.