1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

PA PHILADELPHIA JANE DOE: BF, 15-30, found during home renovations in Philadelphia, PA - July 2012

Discussion in 'Unidentified 2010 to Present' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jun 10, 2017.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

On July 30, 2012, an unidentified female was found in Philadelphia, PA in a residence on South Harmony Street.

The female had been deceased for at least one year, but may have been deceased for decades before being discovered.

She was estimated to be fifteen to thirty years old.

The female was African American and possibly had mixed European ancestry.

Her hair color, eye color, and weight cannot be determined.

It was estimated that she stood 5’3”-5’11” tall.

The female had several fillings in her teeth.

No clothing or belongings were found with the female.

The image above is a facial reconstruction completed by a NCMEC Forensic Artist and depicts what the female may have looked like in life.

NCMEC - http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMU/1212370/1

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...-renovations-who-am-i-philadelphia-2012.2380/

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    Scorpio, Kimster, Akoya and 1 other person like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

NamUs - https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10773

UNidentified bones discovered during renovations of the property at 1234 S. Harmony St.

Estimated age: Late Teen/Young Adult
    Minimum age: 15 years
    Maximum age: 30 years
    Race: Black/African American
    Sex: Female
    Weight (pounds): Cannot Estimate
    Height (inches): 66, Estimated

Probable year of death: 1997 to 2011

Dental information / charting is available and entered
    DNA Samples submitted - Tests not complete

Exclusions
    The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
    Erika Brown - Pennsylvania
    Courtney Ross - Pennsylvania

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    Scorpio, Jay, Akoya and 1 other person like this.
  3. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Search Results

[​IMG]

S Harmony St, Philadelphia, PA

Scorpio, Jay and spike like this.
  4. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

1234 S Harmony St, Philadelphia

[​IMG]

Gray's Ferry is not a good section of Philadelphia. I understand that a renewal process is happening, but there is a long way to go.

Jay, spike and Kimster like this.
  5. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

These old row homes actually have more space than it appears. The home where Jane Doe was found sold for $20,000.00 in 2012. Once the house is completed and if the neighborhood continues to improve, motivated buyers can make a good profit. With improvements made at this point, the house is now valued at $99,769.

3 bed, 1 bath, 982 sq. ft. townhouse located at 1234 S HARMONY St, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19146 sold for $20000 on Jan 18, 2012. MLS# 5977563.
    [​IMG]

https://www.redfin.com › Pennsylvania › Philadelphia › Grays Ferry

Scorpio and Kimster like this.
  6. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Scorpio, Kimster and spike like this.
  7. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

No clothing causes me to assume sexual assault over overdose.

So sad. :(

Scorpio, Akoya and spike like this.
  8. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/10773

Case Report - NamUs UP # 10773
    Case Information

Status Unidentified
    Case number 12-3082
    Date found July 30, 2012 08:00
    Date created November 17, 2012 12:59
    Date last modified October 07, 2016 15:50
    Investigating agency
    date QA reviewed

Local Contact (ME/C or Other)
    Agency Philadelphia Cnty Med Exmnrs Ofc
    Phone 215-685-7458
    Case Manager
    Name Seth Ditizio
    Phone 215-685-7445

Demographics
    Estimated age Late Teen/Young Adult
    Minimum age 15 years
    Maximum age 30 years
    Race Black/African American
    Ethnicity
    Sex Female
    Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
    Height (inches) 66, Estimated
    Body Parts Inventory (Check all that apply)

Torso not recovered
    One or more limbs not recovered
    One or both hands not recovered
    Body conditions
    Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
    Probable year of death 1997 to 2011
    Estimated postmortem interval 14 Years

Circumstances
    Location Found
    GPS coordinates
    Address 1 1234 S. Harmony St.
    Address 2
    City Philadelphia
    State Pennsylvania
    Zip code 19104
    County Philadelphia
    Circumstances
    UNidentified bones discovered during renovations of the property at 1234 S. Harmony St.

Physical
    Hair color Unknown or Completely Bald

Left eye color Unknown or Missing
    Right eye color Unknown or Missing

Fingerprints

Clothing and Accessories
    No clothing or accessories

Dental
    Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered

DNA

Scorpio and spike like this.
  9. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

According to NAMUS, the torso and some limbs are missing. It's possible the missing skeletal parts were dragged away by an animal. Gray's Ferry is a section of south Philadelphia, along the Schuylkill River. The homes have deteriorated and many of them are Section 8 Housing. If I had to guess, I would say this was probably a drug overdose or a rape/homicide, and she was simply left in a backyard.

[​IMG]

This is a typical Grays Ferry backyard. She was probably left under years of trash and clutter.

10. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Many years ago, Grays Ferry was once an enclave for Irish immigrants. Housing renovations have now begun by young professionals. The University of Pennsylvania has been building in the area as their campus expands southward. Eventually this neighborhood will look very different.

Jay, Scorpio and spike like this.
  11. Redrover

Redrover Well-Known Member

I wonder how she was found. I mean, I understand during renovations but where in the house? Crawl space, attic? Did no one live in that house for years and she was just in it? Says could have been as far back as 1997, was that the last time someone lived there?

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed likes this.
  12. Pixy

Pixy New Member

I joined this website SPECIFICALLY for this Jane Doe, because (it's a long shot) I may have found a match. I've already emailed the Philadelphia police department, but I do not know how effective emails are. I have severe anxiety and can't use the phone because of it (I become physically incapable of talking and I then have panic attacks), so i'm posting here in case somebody wants to actually call and speak to a person to report this. I'm not sure if there's a specific format I'm supposed to follow here.
    https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/24975
    This is Aesha Amera Muhammad. She disapeared in the year 2000- within the time of death year range for this jane doe - on a street that is only 17 minutes away from where this jane doe was found years later.
    She is within the age range of this jane doe, at the age of 23.
    She is a black woman, like this jane doe.
    She is 68 inches tall, only 2 inches different from the 66 inch height estimation of this jane doe.
    They have some similarity in appearence as well.
    The only real issue is that it says Aesha has a gap in her teeth, and there isn't such a thing noted on the Jane doe.
    I've checked, and I could never find Aesha's name on any exclusion list. The only thing is that it would be a big oversight if she hadn't already been considered for this Jane Doe when she was found, but investigations can sometimes be faulty and overlook things.
    I thought it was worth at least reporting, on the off chance that she hasn't been tested against this doe yet. It does seem like it could be her.

Kimster likes this.
  13. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

:welcome:. Great to meet you!

You would think she'd be on the rule outlets, that's for sure. I wonder if her DNA was submitted? Because the doe's DNA is in namus. It seems like they would definitely know if there was a gap in the doe's teeth since they say they have dentals.

I'm limited as to how much I can see on namus because I'm on my phone right now.

14. Pixy

Pixy New Member

Yeah, you'd think her DNA would be in the system already, and you'd think the gap would be mentioned if on the doe. I don't know if maybe they didn't consider it important enough, or if there was a information error where it wasn't recorded, or the doe simply doesn't have one. I was very surprised to see her not listed on any exclusion lists (that I could find, maybe there is one out there and shes on it, and I just didn't see it). Maybe they just haven't been publicly record keeping in that way. I mean, hopefully, they have already tested these two together and ruled her out, because if it was her and she's been found for 19 years without the family knowing or being able to bury her because she was overlooked for testing, that would be a really sad thing.
    It's a long shot that she hasn't been tested already, but if there's a chance that it is her and she was overlooked due to some kind of error, i felt it was worth at least posting the possibility. and if it's not her, maybe we can write her as officially excluded for this doe

Kimster likes this.
  15. Redrover

According to the Doe Network, Aesha Amera Muhammad's DNA is in the system (see link below). However, I can't find anything saying the Doe's DNA is in the system. All I can see is that tests are not complete. If they both have DNA in the system they are auto-cross referenced with everyone one else in the database and a match would pop up. Can anyone see whether or not the DOE's DNA has successfully been entered?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3513dfpa.html

hopimarie, Kimster and Pixy like this.
  16. Pixy

Pixy New Member

YEAH see this was one of the things I was considering. Like, what if they never put doe's dna into the system? Or, what if they only checked her dna against specific individuals on a case by case basis?

17. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Welcome, Pixy!

I have phone anxiety too! I've found that emailing the NamUs case manager is pretty effective in most cases. The case manager for both the Jane Doe and Aesha is Amy Dobbs - Amy.Dobbs@unthsc.edu

Like others have said, it appears that they likely both have DNA in the system. But since NamUs doesn't allow us to see that for sure anymore, and this Jane Doe isn't on Doe Network, it doesn't hurt to submit it. :)

Kimster likes this.
  18. Pixy

Pixy New Member

Okay! sent an email to Amy Dobbs! Thanks for the info!

Kimster and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  19. Redrover

Good idea to check! It cant hurt! Please keep us posted!

20. Pixy

Pixy New Member

I will! I'll let u know if she emails me back if she is able to confirm or deny!

Kimster likes this.