1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Phoenix Freeway Shootings: Sniper along I-10 still at large

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by fran, Sep 9, 2015.

1. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Rowdy Girl, GarAndMo49, spike and 4 others like this.
  2. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

3. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

A sudden unexplained rash of shootings along a major Phoenix area interstate has residents on edge. As of 4 p.m. EST there had already been FIVE on Thursday alone... Here's the latest | http://on.11alive.com/1ih1vHT

Rowdy Girl, GarAndMo49, spike and 4 others like this.
  4. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

Arizona freeway shootings: DPS confirms 11th incident under investigation

PHOENIX - Arizona Department of Public Safety confirmed Thursday an 11th shooting incident along Interstate 10.

11TH SHOOTING INCIDENT UNDER INVESTIGATION

State troopers were called to 83rd Avenue and Roosevelt around 9 a.m. after a commercial truck driver noticed a hole in the side of his truck during a pre-inspection. DPS confirmed that it was caused by a bullet.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...nvestigating-11th-shooting-on-phoenix-freeway

Apparently we have a serial shooter. Scary stuff.
    I hope I put this in the right place. If not, Kimster, or other mod, please feel free to delete. :)
    Still learning how things go here. :)

Rowdy Girl, GarAndMo49, spike and 6 others like this.
  5. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

6. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

7. Kimster

The 13-day rash of freeway shootings in the Phoenix area has some drivers changing course.

Fear is keeping Phoenix resident Rosita Nevarez off Interstate 10, which is only a half mile from her house.

“You may not even be the person who is shot at, but what happens if the person driving near you is hit? There could be a big traffic accident,” she said.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...fear-keeping-some-off-interstate-10/72036336/

8. Kimster

PHOENIX — A semi-driver whose truck was struck while driving along a Phoenix freeway told KTAR News 92.3’s Mac and Gaydos what happened Thursday morning while he was driving westbound on Interstate 10.

[​IMG]
    The driver of a tractor trailer that was shot in the passenger door waits for Arizona Department of Public Safety officers to inspect his semi shortly after it was shot near 67th Ave and I-10, Thursday, Sept. 10, 2015 in Phoenix.(AP Photo/Matt York)

Mike, who decided not to give his last name, was driving between 43rd and 51st avenues in Phoenix when he heard what he thought was debris hit his semi-truck.

“I thought it was a rock, I didn’t know what it was until I actually stopped to look at it and there was a hole in my truck,” he said.

http://ktar.com/story/623647/driver...10-shooting-incident-describes-what-happened/

9. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

Thanks guys! I live in the desert on the 10 heading west from AZ into CA. We had another I-10 shooter over here around this time last year!

Will let everyone I know traveling the 10 today to be safe and avoid it!!!

Ugh can't believe it's happening AGAIN on the 10!

10. DaisyChains

Lots of military bases out here in the desert.

I really hope it isn't a veteran with PTSD that's lost his marbles... Sad if so.

11. Kimster

It doesn't sound like it's someone trying to kill anyone. But still, someone is likely to be killed due to an accident if they don't catch them!

12. DaisyChains

Agreed. after reading up more the whole "sniper" title doesn't really fit.

They are either a crappy shot or they are just trying to "scare" people for "fun".

Might be a younger person or persons. They seem juvenile and inexperienced at shooting. Jmo.

Parents should be making sure their teenage sons aren't getting into their gun collection.

Could be some poor kid wrapped up in street life who thinks he is getting street Cred by doing this.

13. Kimster

PHOENIX (AP) — Police swarmed a convenience store near Interstate 10 in Phoenix, detained a man and woman and seized their white Chevrolet Tahoe on Friday, raising hopes of a resolution to the freeway shootings rattling the city for the past two weeks.

The man and woman were together in the SUV, but Arizona Department of Public Safety spokesman Bart Graves said only the man is currently of interest to investigators.

Graves said the man has not been arrested, but his questioning could continue for hours. Graves said he didn't know the status of the woman. He said their white Chevrolet Tahoe is being examined for any evidence that might connect it to the 11 freeway shootings police have confirmed since August 29.

Marco Mansilla watched it unfold while getting coffee at the McDonald's connected to the convenience store. The parking lot was suddenly swarming with law enforcement officers and their vehicles, and when he tried to leave, an officer told him to "go back in the store. It's not safe."

Mansilla said he was allowed to leave shortly thereafter, and asked an officer, "What happened? Is that the sniper guy?" The officer declined to answer, saying "enjoy your breakfast."

On his way back to his window-tinting business across the street, Mansilla said he saw the man sitting inside a police car while four officers watched over the woman, who was in handcuffs.

"She was in shock," Mansilla said.

http://home.toshiba.com/news/read/c...police_confirm_11th_vehicle_attack_seek_ti-ap

14. spike

spike Bronze Member

Aww...bless his heart.
    NOT.

15. DaisyChains

Yeah just so you know I didn't mean I had sympathy for whoever is doing this. Obviously it could have effected people I care about in PHX since I went to school there a while and have friends over there.

Just making clear.

16. DaisyChains

It's strange how the clerk at the shop said this guy was a regular customer (so he is local) and seemed normal and never gave anyone problems.

I'm wondering if this is even the right guy.

Why wouldn't the woman who was with him turn him in? Idk just wondering.

It's strange.

You would think this would be the loner type.

It takes all kinds I guess. But still, who knows if this is even the "crap shot sniper". Lol

17. DaisyChains

18. spike

spike Bronze Member

I know! Just funnin'! Crazy stuff....
    I appreciate everything you are doing DaiseyChains!! Thank you!

19. spike

spike Bronze Member

I saw a reporter talking to him while in the backseat of the LE car? ? He said the woman was his mom and it was all a mistake?? Very casual...and why was LE letting him talk??

20. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

DPS: Multiple Phoenix freeway shooters likely

The director of the Arizona Department of Public Safety said Friday that he believes there are multiple shooters in the recent string of Phoenix-area freeway shootings because of distinct factors involved.

“It does not appear to be the same guy,’’ DPS Director Frank Milstead told The Arizona Republic. “I think we have three MOs. We have one that looks like road rage, we have the bullet ones, we have the projectile ones.’’

DPS has confirmed 11 shootings dating back to Aug. 29. Eight vehicles were struck by bullets and three were struck by unspecified projectiles.

read more ................. http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...persons-interest-detained-shootings/72074246/