1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Phoenix Freeway Shootings: Sniper along I-10 still at large

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by fran, Sep 9, 2015.

1. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

2. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

LE said this case linked below isn't connected to the previous shootings. But I'm just linking this here in CASE the present above defendants attorney tries to confuse the jury.

JMHO
    fran

Man Arrested in Freeway Shooting in Phoenix Suburb

PHOENIX — Oct 4, 2015, 6:18 PM ET

A suspect in a drive-by shooting on a metro Phoenix freeway was arrested and is likely not connected to a string of recent interstate shootings, authorities said Sunday.

Christopher Hoffman, 36, was booked on several charges including drive-by shooting and possession of a dangerous drug, the ArizonaDepartment of Public Safety said.

Investigators say witnesses and tips from the public helped them track down a suspect.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/man-arrested-freeway-shooting-phoenix-suburb-34243277

3. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Phoenix freeway shootings update: Attorneys for Leslie Merritt, Jr. plan to show lack of evidence

PHOENIX - New court documents filed Monday detail how defense attorneys for the suspect in a string of shootings on Valley freeways plan to pick apart the state’s case.

Since the beginning, Leslie Allen Merritt Junior has said he never fired a gun along Interstate 10.

According to documents, defense attorneys plan to argue a list of points, including: a lack of evidence against Merritt Jr., a lack of criminal intent, a lack of knowledge about the shootings as a whole, a possible alibi, and even mistaken identity.

read more ........... http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...slie-merritt-jr-plan-to-show-lack-of-evidence

4. walkie-talkie

5. walkie-talkie

6. walkie-talkie

Leslie Merritt Jr update: Prosecutors respond to freeway shooting suspect's alibi

The latest court document was in response to a motion filed by Merritt's attorney, asking for the Judge to lower his bond because they have evidence and witnesses that proves Merritt was at home during two of the shootings.

However, in the latest court document, prosecutors argued Merritt's witnesses aren't credible.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...rs-respond-to-freeway-shooting-suspects-alibi

7. walkie-talkie

Gov. Doug Ducey at center of latest freeway shootings motion

PHOENIX - Arizona’s Governor is at the center of the latest motion in the freeway shootings case.

The suspect, Leslie Merritt Jr., is accused of four of the 11 freeway shootings.

On Wednesday, Merritt’s attorneys filed a motion to depose Governor Doug Ducey.

Merritt was arrested on September 18, 2015 at a Walmart in Glendale. Minutes after he was taken into custody, Governor Ducey sent out a tweet stating, “We got him!”

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...the-center-of-latest-freeway-shootings-motion

Cousin Dupree and spike like this.
  8. spike

spike Bronze Member

Aw geez. Yeah. I remember that happening.
    Prayers for LE.

9. walkie-talkie

spike and Kimster like this.
  10. walkie-talkie

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner 6m6 minutes ago
    Judge said he is inclined to deny states motion to seal all of the proceedings

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 8m8 minutes ago
    #LeslieMerritt #FreewayShooting - Judge denies State's motion to seal all documents in this case.

12 News Verified account ‏@12News 6m6 minutes ago
    #NOW: Judge ruling on whether or not case should be sealed from public. Leslie Merritt Jr. in court right now

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 2m2 minutes ago
    #LeslieMerritt #FreewayShooter - Def atty Jason Lamm @PhxCriminalAtty telling the judge they're not waiving client's right to speedy trial

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 2m2 minutes ago
    #FreewayShooter - In previous filings, the defense is frustrated with the State for not turning over gun, ammo, etc.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 1m1 minute ago
    #FreewayShooter - Judge orders State to turn over items of discovery (gun, ammo, etc..) by March 4.

11. walkie-talkie

12. walkie-talkie

13. walkie-talkie

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv 1h1 hour ago
    Accused I-10 shooter Leslie Allen Merritt in court this afternoon-defense wants Merritt out of jail & new grand jury

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv 41m41 minutes ago
    Family of accused I-10 shooter Leslie Allen Merritt Jr. wearing t-shirts that say "FREE LESJR" at court hearing this afternoon

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv 19m19 minutes ago
    I am also told that it was Merritt's defense lawyers who move to have dad 86ed from the court

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv 14m14 minutes ago
    I am told Leslie Allen Merritt Jr's father has been banned from court after rant on local rock radio station slamming DPS & Gov Ducey

spike and Cousin Dupree like this.
  14. walkie-talkie

Joe Bartels ‏@Joe_Bartels 12m12 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
    Defense begins talking about cell phone evidence, some of which was not shown to grand jury.

Joe Bartels ‏@Joe_Bartels 5m5 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
    NOW: defense going to interrogation of Leslie Merritt Jr.'s fiance. Says investigators lied to her in order for her to change her story.

Joe Bartels Verified account ‏@Joe_Bartels 2m2 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
    Defense says the grand jury presentation on the freeway shooting violated Leslie Merritt Jr.'s due process rights.

MadgeS, spike and Cousin Dupree like this.
  15. walkie-talkie

Joe Bartels ‏@Joe_Bartels 1h1 hour ago Phoenix, AZ
    Prosecutors now addressing the court: Grand Jury presentation was exceedingly fair

Joe Bartels ‏@Joe_Bartels 1h1 hour ago Phoenix, AZ
    Now prosecutors addressing the interrogation of Leslie Merritt Jr.'s fiance. Says she was vague with her answers. Not absolute.

Joe Bartels ‏@Joe_Bartels 58m58 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
    Defense now responding to prosecutors assertions that the grand jury proceeding was proper. "They left things out."

Joe Bartels ‏@Joe_Bartels 55m55 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
    Judge Granville now focused on the fiance's story, which changed after she was threatened with domestic terrorism charges.

Joe Bartels ‏@Joe_Bartels 50m50 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
    #BREAKING Judge Granville says the motion to remand this case back to grand jury is denied.

MadgeS, Cousin Dupree and spike like this.
  16. walkie-talkie

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 49m49 minutes ago
    State v Leslie Merrit - Judge Warren Granville denied the motion for remand.

Nicole Garcia Fox10 Verified account ‏@Fox10_NicoleG 47m47 minutes ago
    Update Freeway Shooter case: Judge denies defense motion to remand case back to grand jury;Leslie Merritt jr could face trial

Mike Watkiss Verified account ‏@mikewatkiss3tv 47m47 minutes ago
    Judge Granville says trial court better place to hear case against Leslie Allen Merritt Jr than grand jury

Joe Bartels ‏@Joe_Bartels 42m42 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
    NOW: Hearing continues, defense alleges prosecutors, DPS of burying reports, and denying/delaying public record requests.

Joe Bartels ‏@Joe_Bartels 41m41 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
    Prosecutors say releasing other freeway shooting reports not officially/currently connected to Leslie Merritt Junior is "fishing expedition"

Joe Bartels ‏@Joe_Bartels 34m34 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
    Defense: 'we sure would like to know what happened in shootings 5 thru 11, which Merritt is not accused in. We want the reports.'

17. walkie-talkie

MadgeS, Cousin Dupree and spike like this.
  18. walkie-talkie

Suspected valley freeway shooter to be released from jail

PHOENIX (KSAZ) - The man charged in four of 11 confirmed valley freeway shootings will be released from jail.

During an emergency hearing in court on Tuesday, Judge Warren Granville lowered Leslie Merritt Jr.'s bond to $0, effectively releasing him from jail.

As a condition upon his release, Merritt will be required to wear an electronic monitoring bracelet. He is due back in court on May 18.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/arizona-news/126307902-story

19. walkie-talkie

Judge orders accused I-10 shooter released

PHOENIX (KPHO/KTVK) -

A judge has reduced the bond of the suspected I-10 shooter to zero and ordered his release with electronic monitoring.

“Based upon the written motion and material submitted pursuant to court order under seal, the court does find a material fact not presented earlier that would justify a modification of release conditions,” Judge Warren Granville ruled.

http://www.azfamily.com/story/31763337/judge-orders-accused-i-10-shooter-released

Cousin Dupree, spike and patsella like this.
  20. walkie-talkie

Leslie Merritt Jr "Freeway Shootings" Hearing 04/19/16