1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Phoenix Freeway Shootings: Sniper along I-10 still at large

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by fran, Sep 9, 2015.

1. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

Cousin Dupree and spike like this.
  2. spike

spike Bronze Member

Interesting that the new stuff has been squelched.

Cousin Dupree and walkie-talkie like this.
  3. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

4. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

The police would rather railroad an innocent man than be proven wrong in A LOT of cases. It's disgusting really. I don't know how many police forces do this, but it's way too many. I think they knew they had a guy in jail who was not guilty and then squelched all the stuff that would make them look wrong. This was done despite the fact that people are still in danger. JMO

GarAndMo49 and Paradise like this.
  5. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

I personally do not think it is in a lot of cases, but I do think so in this one. They were so anxious to lessen the concerns & fears of the public, that they charged an innocent man & suppressed evidence. Meanwhile there were more shootings that were not being reported and the public was in greater danger. SMH

GarAndMo49 and Cousin Dupree like this.
  6. Cousin Dupree

Well the innocence project has found a lot of not guilty people. Some of them mistakes, but given the Hurrican Carter, WM3, and other cases I can' t think off the top of my head, it's too many. One is too many. JMO

GarAndMo49 and Paradise like this.
  7. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

I agree, one is too many.

spike, GarAndMo49 and Cousin Dupree like this.
  8. walkie-talkie

9. walkie-talkie

spike, Cousin Dupree and Paradise like this.
  10. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

This is going to air on Dr. Phil today. At least in California. If you all have a chance, try to watch it and see what you think.

fran

Exclusive: Accused Freeway Sniper Speaks Out

In August 2015, a string of freeway sniper shootings caused a wave of panic that left Arizona residents fearing for their lives. After weeks of searching for the sniper, authorities announced they had linked a gun to four of the I-10 shootings – and they said that gun had belonged to 21-year-old Leslie Merritt Jr., and he was arrested. But Leslie proclaimed his innocence saying his gun was at the pawn shop during the time the shootings occurred.

http://www.drphil.com/shows/exclusive-accused-freeway-sniper-speaks-out/

11. fran

So I watched this show today and not knowing all that much about this case, because I didn't really follow the arrest, ............. I think he did NOT do it.

LE messed up and I believe this is one time 'rush to judgment' fits. They wanted to get someone because of the public outcry. The state lab messed up.

JMHO
    fran

12. walkie-talkie

13. fran

I don't think he did it and LE doesn't want to admit their mistake or that there's still a culprit out there, so they say they still think he's their man.

I can't see it, myself,
    fran

14. Cousin Dupree

It's sad that they'll let the shootings continue rather than admit they have made a mistake. JMO

15. walkie-talkie

16. fran

17. spike

spike Bronze Member

Saw this on news this morning...along with a drawing of the perp.
    Also said a nine year old was shot in their front yard!

18. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Do we have two threads on the same topic? I'm confused, but that's normal for me.

:thinking:

Ladyslug, Cousin Dupree and spike like this.
  19. fran

They're not the same topic. I just linked them because it's POSSIBLE at the end of the day, they MAY be linked, IMH ONLY.
    LE hasn't connected these two cases. But it's strange that they were shooting on the highway, then someone is arrested and they wait a couple of months and start shooting at their homes.

I THINK it's possible the same person. Perhaps that's why LE let the now not a suspect go. I dunno'.

JMHO
    fran

Kimster, spike, Ladyslug and 2 others like this.
  20. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

I nearly posted it in this thread but wasn't sure if the same or not.
    But if the police were watching the I-10 more maybe the shooter moved.