1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

MO PULASKI COUNTY DOE: 8-13, skull found near Dixon, MO - Oct 2013

Discussion in 'Unidentified 2010 to Present' started by WindStorm, Jun 20, 2015.

1. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

From Namus: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11725

Case Report - NamUs UP # 11725
    Case Information

Status Unidentified
    Case number 1310-10614
    Date found October 26, 2013 14:00
    Date created October 30, 2013 10:58
    Date last modified May 13, 2015 10:20
    Investigating agency
    date QA reviewed

Local Contact (ME/C or Other)
    Agency Pulaski Cnty Coroners Ofc
    Phone 573-433-1557
    Case Manager
    Name Douglas Renno
    Phone 573-774-6196

Demographics
    Estimated age Cannot Determine
    Minimum age 8 years
    Maximum age 13 years
    Race Unsure
    Ethnicity
    Sex Unsure
    Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
    Height (inches) , Cannot Estimate
    Body Parts Inventory (Check all that apply)
    All parts recovered
    Head not recovered
    Torso not recovered
    One or more limbs not recovered
    One or both hands not recovered
    Body conditions
    Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
    Probable year of death to
    Estimated postmortem interval

Circumstances
    Location Found
    GPS coordinates N37* 57.104* -- W092* 05.533
    Address 1 near intersection of
    Address 2 D Hwy & 28 Hwy
    City Dixon
    State Missouri
    Zip code
    County Pulaski
    Circumstances
    Skull was found on private property approx 30' off of hwy 28 in a wooded area.

Physical
    Hair color
    Head hair

Body hair

Facial hair

Left eye color
    Right eye color
    Eye description

No other distinctive body features
    Distinctive features as described below
    Amputations
    Deformities
    Scars and marks
    Tattoos
    Piercings
    Artificial body parts
    and aids
    Finger and toe nails
    Other distinctive
    physical characteristics

Medical
    Medical implants
    Foreign objects
    Skeletal findings
    Organ absent
    Prior surgery
    Other medical
    information

Fingerprints

Clothing and Accessories
    No clothing or accessories
    Clothing and accessories are described below
    Clothing on body

Clothing with body

Footwear

Jewelry

Eyewear

Other items found
    with body

Dental
    Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available

DNA

Images
    [​IMG]
    Artist Rendering
    Public viewable

[​IMG]
    Artist Rendering
    Public viewable

[​IMG]
    Artist Rendering
    Public viewable

[​IMG]
    Artist Rendering
    Public viewable

Documents
    1 documents available for this case.

Edited by Kimster to add media link: http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...e-my-gender-is-unknown-unidentified-2013.430/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2015
    Kimster likes this.
  2. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

image.jpg

Kimster likes this.
  3. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

"The bones had been there at least a year, maybe longer. Sheriff Long said in his 34 years of police work this could be one of the most difficult cases he has had to solve. Long said, “It’s going to be a tough case it’s going to take some time, be slow and meticulous. We have to do first of all find out who the child is and then that will accelerate the process some.”

(Snipped)

http://fox2now.com/2013/10/29/police-child-skeletal-remains-found-in-wooded-area/

Kimster likes this.
  4. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

spike and Kimster like this.
  5. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

starting from most recent missing children starting 2 years prior to discovery.

first Skelton children mentioned are not hispanic looking, but are brothers. this more latino looking brother struck me and ill list him first:
    http://www.nampn.org/cases/skelton_andrew.html

have to leave computer now, but will continue for a list of all possibles very soon.

Kimster, Paradise and spike like this.
  6. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

How could they have completed DNA and not know the "Gender" of this Child?
    That dosen't make sense!

7. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

It depends on the amount of the DNA strand they are able to recover. I thought they could get 100% with a skull, but maybe they can't?

Here's a quick explanation, but I'm not a scientist, so I can't give you a good answer.

https://www.quora.com/Can-science-tell-the-gender-of-a-person-by-their-DNA

Mel70 likes this.
  8. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Thank You "Kimster"! :thankyou: Very interesting! That does explain it from the info You sent. With just a "Skull" if there was an "Anomoly" of an "Organ" they couldn't tell. And other reasons. WOW!

Kimster likes this.
  9. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Let me ask a question. My oldest Goddaughter says that "Hitching" and " "Hitchhiking" are not the same. That she reffered to "Hitching" when Her daughter (my oldest "Great Goddaughter"). Was getting the Bus WAY OUT. And I was like WHAT?! Then She told me it was slang. Uhhh... No.

10. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

I think the Parent/Parent brought them here illegally most likely. And it will be impossible to identify them. Sad. I think that happens in alot of cases unfortunately.

11. Summer_breeze

Summer_breeze Blowing through the Jasmine in my mind

Pulaski County. Sheriff Closing Human Remains Case

https://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/pulaski-county-sheriff-closing-human-remains-case/615553977
    Posted: Dec 05, 2016 08:25 AM CST
    Updated: Dec 05, 2016 08:25 AM CST

WAYNESVILLE, Mo. -- The sheriff in Pulaski County says he is asking his detectives to close the case of an adolescent whose skeletal remains were found three years ago near Dixon.

In his weekly newsletter, Sheriff Ron Long says the latest forensic examination of the child's skull has determined they died 45 years before the skull was discovered in the fall of 2013. Additionally, Long says there is no forensic evidence that the death was a homicide.

The skull was found in October, 2013 on private land near Route 28 near Dixon, by a photographer taking senior pictures.

The latest tests, done by the Department of Physics at the University of Arizona-Tucson, determined the child was 10 to 12 years old at the time of death, and that they had died between 1967 and 1970.

"Since there are no additional leads, along with no evidence implicating this individual's death was a homicide, I will be recommending that investigators close this investigation," Long said.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed likes this.
  12. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Southern Missouri isn't going to investigate this very far. Seems about right.

Mel70 likes this.
  13. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Yeah. This is an underage child 10 to 12. No sign of foul play. Come on. Found in 2013 died between 67-70. So born early as 1955. If isn't solved it SHOULDN'T BE CLOSED!!!!they were of age to have a developed personality. No one missed them?. This case really bothers me.
    Looking up "Waynesville" pop is only 136. Someone would know if a Child was missing from the area. And then definitely a suspect. So my guess, A Runaway traveling by way of Hitchhiking that was killed and dumped there. It will be almost impossible to solve this. But they have to keep trying. Not close a Child's case of a Child's life.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  14. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

It's completely closed? Have I ever heard of that before?

15. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Absolutely ridiculous. Sounds like supremely lazy police work. "Uh, yeah, this happened before my time. No reason to keep looking for answers now..."

Luckily the case is still on NamUs. And NCMEC. So it was either never actually closed, or they kept it up despite it being "closed".