1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

MO PULASKI COUNTY JANE DOE: F, 35-40, found near Dixon, MO - May 1981 - "Jubel" or "Julie" *GRAPHIC*

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1980 to 1989' started by Trial_Gal, May 7, 2015.

1. Trial_Gal

Trial_Gal Well-Known Member

Law enforcers will exhume 'Jane Doe' 34 years after murder in Pulaski County
    Sheriff hopes to learn victim's identity and clues to find killer

"A cold case -- a murder case -- is never closed, but, since it's never been solved, we're going to be resilient and never give up," said Pulaski County Sheriff Ron Long.

On May 25, 1981, Jane Doe's body was found in a creek bed in a rural part of Pulaski County near Dixon. She had been beaten and strangled.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/law-e...er-murder-in-pulaski-county/21048998_32832216

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...-know-me-my-name-might-me-julie-or-jubel.422/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015
    KareBear, Akoya, Lily and 2 others like this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

She was about 35 when she was killed and may have American Indian ancestry. Detectives found what looks like the word "Jubel" or "Julie" written inside her bra in magic marker.

The sheriff wants people to share the picture on social media "and maybe a family member will see her and say 'hey, that was my aunt or my sister from years ago that disappeared.'"

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/law-e...er-murder-in-pulaski-county/21048998_32832216

Akoya, Trial_Gal and Lily like this.
  3. Kimster

"If there's a murder that's about the most serious type of crime that there is out there so we have two things…first of all, we have a family that they need closure so we're trying to discover who she is so we can track down her family so they can close out the missing person that is in their life and also there's a murderer on the loose and even though it's 34-years ago that murderer needs to come before the justice system,” explains Sheriff Long.
    http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=1200732#.VVrKiEai2Sp

[​IMG]

Akoya, GarAndMo49, Trial_Gal and 2 others like this.
  4. Dama

Dama Lagunas mentales

I can only think of one reason for a name in marker inside a garment: nursing home, asylum, & such.

Akoya, patsella and Kimster like this.
  5. Kimster

Or homeless shelter, maybe?

Akoya and patsella like this.
  6. Dama

Dama Lagunas mentales

Sounds about right. I guess you'd have to check the ones active in the area then. This is always the saddest thread for me, because I can't imagine someone not looking. Under every rock, bridge, over every field, in every River. I'm relentless, though, & there are people who simply have either lost the will to look or the courage to continue.

Akoya, Kimster and GarAndMo49 like this.
  7. Kimster

Akoya likes this.
  8. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

I've worked on this Doe for years! This area is right outside Ft Leonard Wood military base. Soldiers living in barracks write their name in their clothing. However, no female soldier was AWOL in that area at that time. Another reason to write a name in undergarments is for summer camps and things like that. We really hoped that the name in the bra would go somewhere, unfortunately it hasn't. The bra could have been purchased at a garage sale, thrift store, Etc.

9. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Some info I don't think the general public knows is that the Dixon high school senior class had a senior party in this area when this body was found. LE laid the body out (covered except for the head/face) and had the people from the party file past to see if anybody recognized her. Nobody did.

10. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

11. Kimster

:thankyou: What a blessing to have you here! Do you know if there has been a reconstruction composite done for her? I don't have her in our media because I couldn't find one and the black and white I have on here just looks creepy to me.

Akoya and WindStorm like this.
  12. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Akoya and Kimster like this.
  13. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Here's the image, too

image.jpg

Akoya and Kimster like this.
  14. Kimster

Wonderful! I'll get her loaded up tomorrow when I'm on my computer. I'm on my little phone right now and it's next to impossible to do anything like that with a phone. Lol

15. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Great! I'll look through my notes and see what else I have on her.

Akoya, patsella and Kimster like this.
  16. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

This was published this morning. This is the first picture of "Jubel" that I've seen and I'm almost positive it says Jubel and not Julie. What does everybody else think?

And this is the low water crossing where she was found.

"She was brutally murdered in May 1981, when she was about 30 years old—beaten about the head, strangled and dumped in shallow water off an isolated country road near the small town of Dixon, in Pulaski County, Missouri. She was a small woman: 5 feet, 3½ inches tall and about 130 pounds, with a slightly dark complexion, dark hair, hazel eyes and high cheekbones, leading investigators to think she might be Native."

Read more at http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwo...eone-got-away-murder-do-you-know-woman-161002

Akoya and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  17. Kimster

I absolutely think it says JUBEL! I'm glad to be able to see it! Okay, so was that a name? Place? Home for victims of domestic violence?

18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Jubel appears to be a German word meaning "laughter and merriment".
    Seems like an odd name to me, though I guess I've seen people named Jubilee. Perhaps a nickname? No Jubel or Jubilee listed in NamUs. And none of the Julie's fit.
    Though I guess if she was reported missing (or at least with that name) this would have been solved a while ago.

Could it say " Julie! "

Akoya, Kimster and WindStorm like this.
  19. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

It is listed as saying "Jubel" or "Julie" but if it's Julie, it has an exclamation mark after it??? Years ago I found a family with the last name Jubel in the St Louis area. So, it could be her last name. It coukd also be a bra she purchased at a garage sale or something, too.

20. Kimster

I knew a lady years ago who stayed in a woman's shelter. They provided clothing there so it could even have been that as well! :sigh: