1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

WI RACINE DOE: WF, 18-30, found in cornfield, WI - July 1999 *GRAPHIC**Peggy Johnson*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Kimster, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

EVIL TO THE CORE! Then she got caught up in politics. SHAMEFULL!!! Insulted again!

2. ima.grandma

ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

3. Romulus

Romulus In the earth of missing person

4. Redrover

Redrover Well-Known Member

That is a really good find Romulus! Joanne does not have a Doe Network page that I could find and most of what I could find on her was based on news articles from British Columbia, Canada. That is in line with where the Isotope testing has placed Racine Doe's probable early childhood and, in my opinion, she looks very similar. Joanne was last seen with and UI male which may make the time table not matter as much if she were kidnapped and held...do you plan on following up with this one?

KareBear, DaisyChains and Kimster like this.
  5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Whoa! Yes, I agree, this one needs to be submitted.

KareBear and DaisyChains like this.
  6. Romulus

This is her Doe Network page profile
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/377dfbc.html

Kimster and DaisyChains like this.
  7. Redrover

Oh, she does have a doe network page. I couldn't find it when I was digging around. Now the question is finding out whether this young lady has DNA in a system that cross talks with the system in the US. Thanks for pointing out her Doe page.

Kimster and DaisyChains like this.
  8. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

Yup I helped solve my hubby’s cousin’s death and now others are trying to take credit for it. His cousins and myself are annoyed. Didn’t realize our search for the truth and closure is someone else’s true crime wet dream to solve and get fame/credit for.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    KareBear and Kimster like this.
  9. DaisyChains

Personally I think this is a victim of severe domestic abuse . Could be a wife or the perp’s child even. Likely low income and off the grid type folks. Salt of the earth.

So many times we think this could be a stranger abduction, captivity for years, and death. But the sad truth is domestic violence is a real thing and when victims do not have the advantage of finances or community they can be mercilessly abused for years. And because they do not have much contact with ppl bc of the remote area it goes unchecked.

That’s what happened in my DH’s family murder case. Woman was stuck with a wife abuser on a ranch and when her daughter came to town to get her mother out of the abuse the husband murdered them both. When a woman or victim of domestic abuse in general finally decides to leave it is the most dangerous point in her (or his!) abusive relationship.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    KareBear likes this.
  10. DaisyChains

I also wouldn’t put TOO much focus on finding matches from Canada. Isotope testing is great, but keep in mind in northern US states there is food that is imported from Canada. The isotope testing is based on really where the food was produced, not where she ate it.

11. Redrover

I agree that isotope testing shouldn't be the central focus when looking for possible matches. Furthermore, the areas they indicate are usually very large. For example, isotope testing for this doe said she may have lived in Alaska, Southern Canada, or the Western US around Montana. Really, it only states she is from North America, and likely the northern portion for at least a part of her life.

DaisyChains and Kimster like this.
  12. DaisyChains

https://www.missingpersons.doj.wi.gov/missing/candace-jay-beckman-wright

http://charleyproject.org/case/candace-jay-beckman-wright

Candace disappeared on a cold December night in WI in 1985. She had psychological and behavioral issues and wasn’t on her medication when she went missing. She is listed as having a mental disability (the UID as we know was thought to have possibly had a disability mentally).

Is she on the rule outs?

Edit: The vitals are pretty far off though in regard to height and such. Probably not a match, but I do find it interesting much of her case info is not concrete (they don’t know if she went missing in 1988 or 1985 for example) or has been incorrect before so who knows if her vitals are listed correctly. I’m Going to keep looking ❤️

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Steve and Kimster like this.
  13. Redrover

Romulus likes this.
  14. Romulus

KareBear likes this.
  15. KareBear

KareBear Well-Known Member

16. Redrover

KareBear likes this.
  17. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

[​IMG]

This is a morgue photograph of Racine Doe. There shouldn't need to be a lot of guesswork with possible sketch matches because we know exactly what she looked like.

18. sfr826

sfr826 New Member

From the Jane Doe Racine County, Wisconsin Facebook page:

Sheriff Christopher Schmaling will hold a Media Briefing regarding the 1999 Homicide of a young (until now unidentified) woman who’s brutally abused body was found in a corn field in the Town of Raymond.

The young woman’s identification will be released, as will the name of the individual in custody for her death.

The Media Briefing will take place on Friday, November 8, 2019 at 11:00 am at the Racine County Sheriff’s Office Patrol Station 14116 Washington Avenue (Hwy 20 just west of I94).

We will NOT entertain questions or other inquiries on the matter in advance of the briefing!

Both the victim and the individual in custody have substantial ties to a northwestern Chicago suburb.

Relevant materials will be distributed to media outlets at the conclusion of the briefing.

19. Redrover

I always love when they are able to identify the Doe in a case, but when they are able to apprehend the perp as well....priceless. Great job LE. This is one of those cases that stuck in my head because of what was done to her. This is great news!!!!!!

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed and Kimster like this.
  20. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Thanks for the head's up! :welcome: