1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Vanessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Vanessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

UT REED TAYLOR JEPPSON: Missing from Salt Lake City, UT - 12 October 1964 - Age 15

Discussion in 'Missing 1900 to 1979' started by Sundance, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Sundance

Sundance Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Reed, circa 1964; Age-progression to age 60 (circa 2009)
    Missing Since: 10/12/1964
    Missing From: Salt Lake City, Utah
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date of Birth: 05/28/1949 (70)
    Height and Weight: 5'6, 140 - 150 pounds
    Clothing/Jewelry Description: A white cotton knit shirt, a reversible parka with one side black and one side blue, blue Levi's jeans and sneakers.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Reed had braces on his upper and lower teeth at the time of his disappearance.

Details of Disappearance
    Reed was last seen in his hometown of Salt Lake City, Utah on October 12, 1964. After his family returned from church, he went out to feed his two dogs and take them for a walk. He lived near Emigration Canyon, near 1400 South and 3000 East, and kept his dogs about 200 yards from his house. He told his sister he would be back within half an hour, in time for dinner.

A friend saw Reed walking the dogs near the old St. Mary of the Wasatch building, near Wasatch Boulevard, at 1:00 p.m. Reed and both animals disappeared and none of them have ever been seen again. Both dogs were German shorthair pointers, one of them a puppy.

Reed was a sophomore at East High School and a member of the school football team at the time of his disappearance. He left behind eleven siblings. His loved ones don't believe he ran away, as he wasn't having any problems and he left all his belongings behind at home, including money he'd earned from his paper route.

Reed's family described him as a good student and a popular teenager with many friends in Salt Lake City and in Montana, where his family kept a summer home. One of his hobbies was training his dogs for bird hunting.

Investigators stated there was no evidence of foul play in Reed's disappearance, but his case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
    • Salt Lake City Police Department 801-799-3000
    Source Information
    Information copied from The Charley Project: http://charleyproject.org/case/reed-taylor-jeppson

https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...ty-utah-on-october-12-1964.4668/#comment-4820

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2019
    Paradise likes this.
  2. Sundance

Sundance Active Member

Kimster and Paradise like this.
  3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

This one is REALLY weird. Usually the dogs are found!

Sundance likes this.
  4. Sundance

Sundance Active Member

Yup, exactly what I thought too. I've heard of several missing persons cases where dogs are involved, and the dogs are usually located, if not taken in by neighbors or something.

Kimster likes this.
  5. Kimster

exactly! Here it is a day later and I'm still trying to figure out what could have happened to the dogs.

Sundance likes this.
  6. Sundance

Sundance Active Member

Assuming Reed was abducted, the abductor could have taken the dogs, killed them, and disposed of the bodies, or something of that sort, to discard evidence. However, if one of the dogs was an adult, I would've thought it could have bitten or attacked the abductor.

Kimster likes this.
  7. Kimster

I was trying to come up with a scenario where he wasn't abducted and maybe got lost, but they would have found the dogs. I think the only thing I can come up with is that he was abducted and the dogs were silenced.

Sundance likes this.
  8. Sundance

Sundance Active Member

I agree as well.