1. A Colorado AMBER Alert has been issued for Jacob Roe, 12, of Saguache.
    Jacob was last seen leaving his home around 3:00 pm on Saturday, June 23.
    He is now believed to be with 60-year-old David Freeman and is believed to be in danger.
    They may be traveling in a red 2014 Jeep Patriot with Colorado plates 198ZQO.

Click HERE for more information

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Rhoden family of eight killed in Pike County, OH - shooter(s) on the run

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by MadgeS, Apr 22, 2016.

1. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

HALO., GarAndMo49, fran and 3 others like this.
  2. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

:( a horrible, senseless crime
    5 children possibly killed

HALO., GarAndMo49, fran and 3 others like this.
  3. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

HALO., GarAndMo49, spike and 3 others like this.
  4. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

5. walkie-talkie

HALO., GarAndMo49, Yoda and 3 others like this.
  6. walkie-talkie

DeWine and Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader said no arrests have been made, they said. Authorities are trying to determine a motive, identify the deceased and determine if the killer or killers are among the deceased individuals or on the loose.

None of those found shot appear to be suicides, indicating that it is likely that the assailant is at large, DeWine said.

DeWine also told WLW radio that the assailant is "probably loose somewhere."

“This is a horrible, horrible tragedy," DeWine said on WLW. "It looks like two teenagers dead and it looks like young young children who must have been there when it occurred.”

The young children were not killed, DeWine added.

DeWine said they do not know the motive at this time.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/multiple-fatalities-reported-at-pike-county-home/39162210

HALO., GarAndMo49, Yoda and 4 others like this.
  7. President Pope Dewey

President Pope Dewey Sanity is a state of mind

I'm finding reports a bit confusing. they say it is not an active shooter, then say the shooter is still at large.

8. walkie-talkie

According to a joint release from the two agencies, the initial seven confirmed dead were believed to be from the same family. Early indications were that the seven had been shot to death and that they were found dead Friday in three homes along Union Hill Road. Whether there was a family connection with the eighth body — found in a fourth home — has not been confirmed as yet.

A Pike County victim's advocate said a five-day-old child and six-month-old child were found alive in one of the homes. Leonard Manley, who told the Cincinnati Enquirer he is the father and grandfather of some of the victims, said that two young children had been taken to Adams County Regional Medical Center, but the hospital would not confirm that.

Pastor Phil Fulton, of nearby Union Hill Church, said he received the information on who the victims were earlier in the day from both family members and law enforcement officials. He also identified one of the victims as Dana Rhoden, and said the others were her adult children and grandchildren, as well as Rhoden's ex-husband.

The pastor said the mother and children used to attend services at the church but hadn’t been there for some time.

Manley said one of his daughters discovered the bodies when she went to Union Hill Road to feed dogs and chickens as part of her normal routine and that the daughter was speaking with police early Friday afternoon.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s.../pike-county-mass-shooting-april-22/83380444/

9. walkie-talkie

Everything I've seen says the same thing.
    I think they're trying to determine if the shooter is one of the dead.

10. President Pope Dewey

President Pope Dewey Sanity is a state of mind

A couple or three posts back it says none of the deceased appear to be a suicide. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

11. spike

spike Bronze Member

12. walkie-talkie

13. walkie-talkie

New details revealed in press conference:

• All victims are family members, 7 adults, 1 male juvenile
    • Dewine: Victims appeared to have been executed, shot in the head
    • Sheriff: 3 children survived - 4 day old, 6 month old & 3 year old
    • Sheriff: No one in custody, individual(s) involved are to be considered armed and extremely dangerous

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...ltiple-homicides-reported-in-pike-county.html

14. walkie-talkie

15. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

thank you walkie-talkie:)

16. walkie-talkie

"Person of interest" in Pike Co. killings detained in Chillicothe, reports say

PIKE COUNTY, OH (FOX19) -

A 'person of interest' in the Pike County family murders was detained in a traffic stop in Chillicothe, Ohio Friday just after 6:30 p.m., the Chillicothe Gazette is reporting.

A vehicle was stopped at Main and Watt streets just after 6:30 p.m., reports state. The Gazette says the car was stopped as the result of a BOLO from the state Bureau of Criminal Investigation and that state agents.

The "person of interest" has not been identified.

Chillicothe is about 40 miles northeast from the shootings that killed eight family members in Piketon.

http://www.fox19.com/story/31791838/multiple-fatalities-reported-in-pike-county#.VxrGMiqL5JE.twitter

HALO., Looking4you, Yoda and 8 others like this.
  17. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I hope they got the person!

18. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

I think it was someone who was close to the family and is inexperienced in killing (isn't a hitman or anything like that) b/c they did not have the brazen monstrous ability to kill the 3 children. MOO its probably a close friend or relation of the family.

This is so so very sad, but I am glad the children are OK.

Looking4you, Yoda, MadgeS and 4 others like this.
  19. GarAndMo49

GarAndMo49 Not A Sheeple

Second that, Kimster...just horrible! Those poor little children; I could cry.

HALO., spike, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  20. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Pictured: Five of the eight relatives shot-dead 'execution style' in sleepy Ohio village massacre as ONE HUNDRED of their family members are rounded up in hunt for gunman
    • Authorities are talking to dozens of people after eight people belonging to the Rhoden family were found shot to death in Pike County on Friday
    • Seven adults and a teen were found at four homes along Union Hill Road
    • Five victims identified as Frankie Rhoden, his fiancee Hannah Hazel Gilley, Hanna May Rhoden, Dana Rhoden and 16-year-old Chris Rhoden
    • One was a mother sleeping in a bed next to her four-day-old baby
    • A newborn, a six-month-old and a three-year-old survived the killings
    • There were no indications that any of the dead killed themselves
    • Some of them were in bed, indicating they were shot while they were sleeping, authorities said
    • Police say there might be one several killers involved but are unsure
    • They added that the shooter or shooters at large, should be considered armed and 'extremely dangerous'

[​IMG]
    Heartbreaking: Husband-to-be Frankie Rhoden and his fiancee Hannah Hazel Gilley, 20, were among those killed Friday in Piketon, Ohio

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Tragic: Grandmother-to-be Dana Lynn Rhoden (left), 37, and her son, 16-year-old Chris Rhoden (right) were also murdered. Victims Chris and Frankie are brothers

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Devastating: Hanna May Rhoden was killed Friday in the Piketon shooting that has rocked the small community. According to her Facebook page, she was expecting a child and was already a mother to one

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tyle-massacre-eight-people.html#ixzz46fVSANVS

HALO., bookem, Yoda and 4 others like this.