1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

WA RICHARD "CODY" HAYNES: Missing from Kittitas, WA - 12 Sept 2004 - Age 11 *REWARD*

Discussion in 'Missing 2000 to 2009' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Apr 25, 2015.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Richard, who goes by the nickname Cody, was last seen in Kittitas, Washington on September 12, 2004. He lived with his father, father's girlfriend, and 4 sisters. He was punished that day by his father's girlfriend, who made him sit at the kitchen table for 4 hours, then sent him to his room. Sometime in the 18 hours that followed, he vanished. At first it was thought that Cody was unhappy with being punished and ran away, but that is no longer believed to be true. Cody's father and girlfriend have since hired lawyers and refuse to cooperate with the investigation. There is no evidence that Cody was killed, but foul play is suspected due to the circumstances and his young age.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NCMEC - http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/996768/1
    NamUs - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6163/2/
    Charley Project - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/haynes_richard.html

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/index.php?media/richard-cody-haynes-missing-from-kittitas-wa.35/

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
    Lily and Kimster like this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Another Year Passes in the Search for Cody Haynes

What really happened to Cody Haynes that September night remains a mystery, although some prevalent rumors still swirl around his small Washington town about the 2004 disappearance of the young boy.

"It's been 11 years on Saturday. That's crazy that this little boy has been gone for 11 years," Desiree Bougher, Cody's cousin, told Dateline NBC.

A few people agree with the idea that Cody simply ran away. Others insist he never left the second-floor bedroom that night. According to Desiree and Jamey, the young boy's story still haunts the small central Washington town, where flyers can still be found on light poles and in some windows.

Vigils are held almost every year by family, friends, and even complete strangers.

"He deserves justice. Really we want to give him a proper burial," Desiree said. "And his cousins' pinky-promise to never give up on him," Jayme quickly added.

Cody's case has attracted widespread attention online over the years and his cousins pray that with the anniversary of his disappearance once again here, maybe someone will come forward with the information police need to solve the case.

More: http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/cold-case-spotlight/another-year-passes-search-cody-haynes-n426206

4. rachxbuddha

rachxbuddha Well-Known Member

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeFor....1459351701./1128139330559911/?type=3&theater

Off of the Justice For Cody Haynes facebook page.

Where is Cody MARLA???

Richard "Cody" Haynes was only 11 years old, when he vanished from his fathers home, on September 12, 2004. According to the oldest daughter, His father, Richard or "Rick" Haynes and his girlfriend, Marla Jaye Harding, beat Cody for more than 6 hours. He was made to stand in a 5 gallon bucket, with urine on his feet, as they continued to torture Cody unmercifully. Around 12:30 am, Cody's oldest sister went into the kitchen and begged them to stop. She was hit over the head, told to go to her room and mind her own business. She heard Cody getting hit a few more times, then heard a thud on the floor. At that point the crying stopped. At 2:30 am Rick decides to go look for car parts for his 1954 Kaiser (Mind you it's a Sunday and no where is open, not at this hour.

When Cody's sister's awoke the next morning, they were told by Marla, not to go near Cody's room. There had been chair's and a sign placed in the hallway blocking off Cody's room, preventing his sister's from looking in on him. During the time Rick was wondering around rural Washington, Marla had gone across the street from the apartment more than 5 times, to buy cigarettes.Around 3pm, she looked in Cody's room and noticed he wasn't there.

She called Rick home, then she called the police to report him missing at 6 pm.
    Law enforcement went to question Cody's sister's With incriminating statement's such as, I'm not loosing my freedom for anything", by Marla and Rick stating "I'm not talking without my attorney present, no way!", Really makes one wonder what exactly would they loose their freedom over, and why would he need a attorney to find his missing son?

Harding, a former child perspective services employee fired for misconduct in 2001 described Cody as "a rebellious and deceitful child and needed discipline."
    State welfare workers took the couples 4 daughters into protective custody after police found evidence of suspected abuse. One of the children was made to stay in the bathroom for 4-5 days. That's where she had to eat and sleep. They were made to stand outside in the snow without proper clothing as a punishment. Along with many other sick games Marla played.

41 days after Cody went missing Harding and Haynes were called into the police station for a formal interview. When asked to talk with Haynes privately Harding objected. At that point they lawyered up and stopped talking.

Here we are 11 years later,with more questions than answers.Cody is still missing and Rick and Marla have yet to answer for this. Where is the justice for this young man??

5. Kimster

Oh my gosh, this is making me cry!!! I wish I could do the same to both of them until they talked!!! :angry:

How in the world do we find Cody when we see evidence leading to two people who have known all along???

Welcome to Crimewatchers, @rachxbuddha ! I wish we would have met under better circumstances. :tears:

:welcome:

MicciStellaBoGi, Lily, Steve and 2 others like this.
  6. Kimster

I can't hardly look at his adorable picture now. Those sweet dimples.... Why do monsters have children?

7. rachxbuddha

Marla worked for CPS in WA.... disgusting to say the least. ALSO, She is going by Marla Murray now in CO. She was working with children who have special needs recently.... HOW the company didn't realize she also went by Harding is beyond me. Heartbreaking LE can't charge either of them without a body.... :( makes me so sick to my stomach!

Kimster - Thank you for the warm welcome!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    MicciStellaBoGi, Lily, Steve and 3 others like this.
  8. Jamey Owens

Jamey Owens Member

FB_IMG_1459374538049.jpg

Thank you to everyone for keeping his case alive by posting about him! My Sister and I are Cody's Cousins and we run Justice For Cody Haynes. This is my first comment so I'm learning my way around. Thank you again
    :thankyou:

Richard "Cody" Haynes
    Missing Since- Sep 12, 2004
    Missing From- Kittitas, WA
    Hair Color- Brown
    Eye Color- Green
    Height- 5'0"
    Weight- 90 lbs

If you have any information in the disappearance of Cody Haynes please call Kittitas Police Department (509) 968-0222 or our anonymous tipline at 530-378-4491

5,000 REWARD by the City Of Kittitas

truthandjusticeforcody@gmail.com

NamUs- 6163
    NCMEC- 996768
    Case # SO 04 09140

Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForRCodyHaynes

MicciStellaBoGi, spike, Lily and 4 others like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

MicciStellaBoGi, spike, Lily and 3 others like this.
  10. rachxbuddha

11. rachxbuddha

MicciStellaBoGi, spike, Lily and 2 others like this.
  12. Kimster

Hi @Jamey Owens ! What a blessing to have you on board! What you are doing for your cousin just melts my heart! Thank goodness he has family members who love him and want to know where to find him, and want JUSTICE for how he was treated!!!

:grouphug:

MicciStellaBoGi, spike, Steve and 2 others like this.
  13. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

@Jamey Owens -- a warm welcome to CW! I am so sorry there's been no progress in your cousin's case yet.

@rachxbuddha -- and another warm welcome to you! Thank you so much for the information you've posted, though it made me feel a bit sick... Cases have been prosecuted before, with no body. I am *really* surprised and dismayed that no charges have been filed, with witness statements like that. Wth is going on there? Something's not right... and I don't mean just the abuse!

And then this Marla creature is working with disabled kids? Wow. Made me wonder if she likes those, because they can't complain when she's being sadistic.

14. rachxbuddha

@Lily If LE were to charge them with child neglect/abuse in regards to Cody's disappearance, they wouldn't be able to be re-charged if Cody's body were to be found. Good Ol' Double Jeopardy.

I do fully agree RE Marla, she is a sick women! As awful as it is to say, that probably why she was working with them. :(

15. Kimster

Whatever happened to protecting Society from people like this?

16. rachxbuddha

Especially when the people who are supposed to be protecting kids from abuse are the ones who are abusing children. It makes me loose all faith in the way the "system" for children is ran.

MicciStellaBoGi, spike, Steve and 2 others like this.
  17. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

I'm sure there are systemic problems that can be fixed, but remember that the people who do these things seem to seek out positions in society that will give them the most access to children. Schools, sports leagues, churches, etc. They use those positions not only for access but also to disarm parents and gain their trust.

I took a Mandatory Reporter training last year and it was just such an eye opener about these issues. Absolutely sickening. Basically, IMO we can fix systems all we want, but we will never be absolved of the duty to have constant heightened awareness.

MicciStellaBoGi, Lily, spike and 2 others like this.
  18. rachxbuddha

I fully agree with that, i do however believe that people are far too trusting and see the "good in people" people dont want to hear the bad stories, but knowing what's going on is keeping all of us aware and what to watch out for!

MicciStellaBoGi, Lily, spike and 3 others like this.
  19. Jamey Owens

Jamey Owens Member

Thank you all very much for welcoming me. I already love this site!

20. Kimster

I was at a crime prevention forum last night and the speaker was a woman who works in a program for parents of children 6 years and under. It is a child abuse prevention program. I pray for those who are working hard to make this stop before it ever happens.

I kept thinking about Cody during her speech.

MicciStellaBoGi, Lily, Steve and 3 others like this.