1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

IL ROBERT B. BEE - Missing from Pekin, IL - 18 November 2016 - Age 13 *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by Imamazed, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    http://fox2now.com/2016/11/28/endangered-person-advisory-issued-for-missing-illinois-13-year-old/

Illinois State Police have issued an endangered missing person advisory for a missing 13-year-old from Pekin, IL. Investigators say that Robert B., Bee was last seen wearing a red and gray shirt, blue jeans and red Nike shoes. The incident time is listed at November 18th at 11am.

Anyone with information about this endangered missing person should call the Pekin Police Department at 309-346-3132.

staff added media link: http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...obert-b-bee-missing-since-november-2016.2148/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2017
  2. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

Can you change the title to reflect November 18th as the date missing?

This story says the 11th. Ugh - can they not get it right for a missing young boy?
    http://abc7chicago.com/news/police-search-for-missing-13-year-old-peoria-area-boy/1629365/

Well, several stories say the 11th and one says the 18th. I am not sure which is even correct.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  3. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

That does NOT look like a 13 year old

4. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

Nov 18th and Nov 11th at 11 am were both a school day/time. Where did he go missing from? Where was he last seen?

So frustrating!! :mad:

Prayers for Robert. :praying:

noZme, Paradise and spike like this.
  5. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

[​IMG]

a better picture. That definitely does not look like a 13 year old. I wonder how old this pic is. He looks less than 8ish. I hope it's not a case of a pending DFS appointment.

noZme, Paradise and spike like this.
  6. spike

spike Bronze Member

Definitely 7-8

Uno2Much, Paradise and Kimster like this.
  7. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

.... and last seen 17 days ago! WHEN was he actually reported as missing? This poor kid!

Uno2Much, noZme, Paradise and 2 others like this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Pekin Police Ask For Help in Finding a Child

Pekin Police are asking for the public’s help in locating 13 year-old Robert Bee. Bee's mother reported him as a runaway Friday November 18th after he didn't show up for school, and a truancy officer with police went to his home to issue a ticket.

Pekin police say the drop in temperatures and medical issues have Bee officially listed as a missing and endangered juvenile. Chief John Dossey says they have received and looked into 30-tips, but none have turned up leads on his whereabouts since November 18th.

Dossey says the runaway classification doesn’t change the way they investigate a missing person case. “It is important not to believe everything you read on social media unless it comes from a reliable source like our facebook site. There appears to be a host of people citing their own theories which can quickly cloud our investigative efforts.”

There is a $1000 reward for information that leads us to finding Robert Bee.

http://peoriapublicradio.org/post/pekin-police-ask-help-finding-child#stream/0

Pekin Police Clear up Rumors Surrounding Missing Teen Case

"We want to try to clarify and speak of fact," Pekin Police Chief John Dossey said.

As speculation continues to spread on social media about the whereabouts of 13-year-old Robert Bee, Jr., Pekin police discuss what they know so far.

"We've received approximately 30 tips and have followed up on every one. However, we have not had any leads which have confirmed sightings of Robert Bee since Nov. 18th," he added.

Bee ran away from a truancy officer at his home on Sapp Street on Nov. 17. The officer returned the next day to issue another truancy ticket. Bee's mother then reported him as a runaway.

But when asked if anyone saw bee between the two officer visits, "Those are all details we are trying to line up and get clarification on," Det. Mike Eeten said.

That's why the department has teamed up with Crime Stoppers to offer an incentive. Anyone with any information is asked to call 309-673-9000. You can remain anonymous.

Pekin police have dedicated their entire investigations unit to the search but are being tight-lipped about certain search efforts.

They are asking the public to keep their eyes open for Bee and just stick to the facts.

"There's a lot of stuff out on social media, a lot of misinformation. We want to try to update people as we can to make sure that they know what it is that we're doing to look for this young man," Det. Eeten said.

http://www.centralillinoisproud.com...clear-up-rumors-surrounding-missing-teen-case

Uno2Much, noZme, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

It sounds like he was actually last seen on November 17 when he ran away from the truancy officer.

10. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Sounds like the little dude is having some issues. 13 is hard enough without having medical issues. Kids that age can be so cruel. He looks very young for his age (if this is a current picture) and that probably made being 13 even harder. I do feel better that "official" people have seen him lately. This still doesn't look good, though. Approximately 2 weeks since last seen.

noZme, Kimster, Paradise and 2 others like this.
  11. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

I am unclear as to why he wasn't reported missing the night of the 17th? He is only 13 yo. Is this common for him to run away overnight? Does he have family in another town or state that he could have been headed towards? I am thinking that he is staying at a "friend's" house and either he has the friend convinced that he needs protecting or the friend is conning him. Either way this is not a good situation.

I ran away once for two days when I was 16 yo (I am pretty sure that my friend's mom ratted me out though so my mom knew exactly where I was the whole time). I went to my friend's house and stayed the night and then I got on a bus and went to my bf house about 30 miles away and stayed the night and then my Grandmother showed up the next morning and carted my very angry butt home. It was hard to be sneaked in and out for just two days, there is no way that I could have gone undetected at 13 yo for 10+ days. That is what makes me think that whomever he is hiding with knows that he is there.

12. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

He doesn't look 13, but looks older than in the other picture.
    upload_2016-11-29_8-11-43.png

Uno2Much, noZme, spike and 3 others like this.
  13. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

IMO, boys stay looking younger longer than girls do. There is a huge appearance spectrum for boys at 13 yo. Some of my 13 yo daughter's male friends still look tiny. The school picture could be from last year since we just got this year's photos back a week or so ago.

Prayers that they find him soon.

14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Agreed. But with his truancy problem, he probably has a history of not coming home as well. :/

noZme, Paradise, spike and 1 other person like this.
  15. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Or runs away/ditches school a lot. Or both

noZme, spike and Paradise like this.
  16. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

I did not read where Robert had an ongoing truancy problem, just that he had been truant that day. Was it a regular problem?

Paradise, noZme and spike like this.
  17. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Well, I don't know about Robert's particular school district. But in my city (I work in a large city high school) the truancy officers don't really get directly involved unless it's an ongoing problem. Officers aren't going to show up at student's houses if it's the first time they're truant. In my district, students will have several unexcused absences (truancy) before an officer will actually get involved. Their parents are notified by phone, but that's about it. Once the student hits 5 absences in 30 days the school will get a bit more involved, and once they hit 7 in 30 days (or 10 in the year) they actually get the letter ordering them to be in school or they'll go to juvy.

Paradise, noZme, spike and 1 other person like this.
  18. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

That makes sense, I hadn't thought of that.

19. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Police caution public as Bee search continues

As the search for a missing 13-year-old boy enters its third week, city police ask the public to keep helping, but not too much.

Unsupervised search parties, especially in area woods, could damage any evidence they uncover and, in the midst of deer hunting season, endanger the searchers, Public Information Officer Mike Eeten said Friday.

The police department’s full team of detectives, however, investigates every one of the tips and “leads” they’ve received daily as they hunt for Robert Bee Jr., Eeten said.

“We received several more today,” he said. “We go out (to pursue) them, and several times a day we meet back and review” the results.

“There’s not a single thing we don’t follow up on,” Eeten said.

The boy’s bicycle remained laying on his home’s front lawn this week. Attached to the fence bordering it was a sign stating simply, “We Love You.”

A growing number of people have traded theories, some bordering on accusations, across social media about the child’s whereabouts and possible fate.

“Some of it is not even remotely close to the facts” and evidence that detectives have managed to gather, Eeten said.

They have found nothing yet, he said, to indicate the boy may have been abducted, and that a countryside search for him is warranted.

http://www.washingtontimesreporter.com/news/20161202/police-caution-public-as-bee-search-continues

Paradise, noZme and spike like this.
  20. noZme

noZme Bronze Member