1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

IL ROBERT B. BEE - Missing from Pekin, IL - 18 November 2016 - Age 13 *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by Imamazed, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Akoya, noZme and spike like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

They are saying this is what he looked like when last seen.

[​IMG]

People certainly are tearing his mother apart on Facebook... But, we all know how vicious people can be with no reason or proof. Sounds like she's guilty of neglect, but at this point I can't imagine she did anything to Robert.

Akoya, noZme, Paradise and 1 other person like this.
  3. spike

spike Bronze Member

I keep showing up here, hoping for a positive, happy outcome.:(
    Poor guy.
    Also, thinking he is probably bullied for appearing young and neglected.

Akoya and Paradise like this.
  4. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

5. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

I don't think his mom hurt or disappeared him. I do think she was self-absorbed, distracted & the little guy didn't have much supervision.
    From around the web I have gleaned (so this is MOO), the missing photos were provided by his school, although mom's fb had almost daily selfies. Robert takes daily meds for epilepsy, which obviously, he has not had for some length of time. Truancy had been an ongoing issue & mom seemed over-whelmed with that. Robert also had disciplinary problems & had been in trouble for sending inappropriate photos to classmates. Robert has an older brother - unclear if he lives with mom & Rob. The boys' father is a much older man who lost his legs because of diabetes & lives in a nursing home.

Robert had several facebook accounts & a wide array of friends, but I didn't really see interaction or communication with him. Obviously, this child needed help with education, social skills & more. A little rooster like that can be more than a handful. I hope "street-smarts" will keep him safe. I see similarities in Robert & Jessie Wilson.

6. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

I really still believe that he is with someone (that someone may be a predator who preyed on his issues at home and school). He may have felt that this person was a trusted adult and realized too late that he was being manipulated. One of the issues with social media is that it brings you in contact with so many strangers and as a teenager you are not savvy enough to weed out the good from the bad (heck, even adults can't always tell). I will continue to pray for his safe return.

Akoya, spike, Paradise and 1 other person like this.
  7. spike

spike Bronze Member

Oh my.
    Does this kid stand a chance.

Akoya, noZme and Paradise like this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

'I just want him home safe,' says grandmother of missing Pekin boy

Charlotte King has a simple message for her grandson. She calls him by his middle name, Bonzai, but the area knows him as Robert Bee Jr., the 13-year-old reported missing in Pekin almost three weeks ago.

"I just want him to know I'm here and he can call me," King said Tuesday.

She is not sure he knows her telephone number. But he knows where she lives, King said of the home on Peoria's East Bluff she shares with Bee's uncle and older brother. She just wants him to contact her, somehow, and let her know he's okay.

King, 64, has her own theory about her grandson's status.

"I don't think anything has happened to him. I think he's just out there and scared and doesn't know where to turn."

Her relationship with Robert's mother, her daughter, has always been difficult, she said. But it got worse during a stint when the two families lived together in Peoria. King said she hasn't talked to or seen her daughter and grandson in three years. She learned of his disappearance through news media. Between rumors spread on social media and the police department's hesitancy to release information about the investigation, King doesn't know what to think. "We're dealing with so much hearsay."

But her grandson's safety matters most, she said.

"I've just been so worried about him, I just want him home," she kept repeating.

Though it could not be confirmed Tuesday night, King and the older McCall said police have searched their East Bluff home at least twice. "I welcomed them because I'm worried sick," King said.

http://www.pjstar.com/news/20161206/i-just-want-him-home-safe-says-grandmother-of-missing-pekin-boy

Akoya, Kimster, noZme and 2 others like this.
  9. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

I hope that they are playing this message on the local stations over and over again so he knows that he has someplace to go!

Akoya, noZme, spike and 1 other person like this.
  10. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

PEORIA - Truancy cases are tricky, says Oliver Mack, director of Project TARGET, Peoria County's truancy prevention program.

"You don't know how easy or hard they're going to be until you start dealing with a student or his parents."

Never has that been more true than in the case of 13-year-old Robert Bee Jr.

What began with a visit from a Tazewell County truant officer morphed into a missing child case involving Pekin Police Department's detectives, a $1,000 reward for information leading to Bee, and a community confounded by how a child could seemingly disappear for what is now almost three weeks.

The boy ran away when the truant officer, or caseworker, and a police officer visited his home Nov. 17, according to police. His mother reported him missing the next day after authorities returned to serve her with ticket for violating the city's truancy ordinance.

More at link --------------> http://www.pjstar.com/news/20161207/missing-pekin-boys-case-shines-light-on-truancy-intervention

11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Loved ones of missing boy ask locals to 'shine a light'

A local family approaching an upcoming milestone has a suggestion for the community: Show Robert Bee the light.

They are focusing on a specific color of light as the one-month mark since Robert's disappearance approaches.

The 13-year-old has not been seen since November 17.

His family has a vigil planned for Saturday, and asks everyone to put a yellow light on their front porches.

"He needs guidance," says relative Stephanie Bee.

"He needs the support of home and family, as well as lots of support from friends. And that's all we want for him. We want him safe," said Bee.

"I think that if he can see all the love that he actually has, even from people who don't know him, that that may bring him out," said family friend Jari Hilpipre.

The candlelight vigil for Robert Bee, Jr. is set for Saturday at 5 p.m. at the Tazewell County Courthouse in Pekin.

http://www.cinewsnow.com/news/local...y-asks-locals-to-shine-a-light-406638095.html

Akoya, Paradise, spike and 1 other person like this.
  12. Kimster

:vigil:

Akoya, Paradise and spike like this.
  13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Mother of missing Pekin boy no show in court

The mother of a missing Pekin boy could face a fine for failing to appear at his truancy hearing. Lisa Bee was a no show in Tazewell County court Tuesday afternoon.

A relative who showed up for the hearing says Lisa Bee does not seem to be worried about her missing son.

"If it takes 6 months, 20 years I'm not stopping until he's found. She's gonna have to deal with me the rest of her life until I know my brother is safe," said Robert Bee's half sister Staphanie Clauser.

One Tazewell county court official says parents are often fined for failing to appear at truancy hearings. Pekin police continue to look for the missing boy.

http://www.week.com/story/34176230/mother-of-missing-pekin-boy-no-show-in-court

Uno2Much, Akoya, spike and 1 other person like this.
  14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

False lead in the Robert Bee case produces arrest

Deep into nearly their second month of searching for missing 13-year-old Robert Bee, city police received a citizen's tip last week that sent hopes rising.

It was a deliberately false lead, provided by a member of a Facebook page of area people with avid interest in finding the boy, city Police Chief John Dossey said Wednesday.

Jennifer Gordon, of Manito, now faces a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice.

Gordon, 36, sent both Pekin and Illinois State Police detectives on one such trail on Dec. 27 by telling them with "specific" detail that Bee had been seen going into a house, Dossey said. She and her fellow Facebook page members believed the house and its area were worthy of a search for Bee, he said.

The detectives were familiar with the house -- in a location Dossey declined to identify Wednesday - and the tip "seemed very credible," he said.

They soon learned that was not the case, from Gordon herself.

"We've knocked on doors of sex offenders. We've searched several houses," and pursued every tip considered credible among the dozens received, Dossey said.

If someone is sheltering Bee, perhaps out of concern for his care, Dossey urged them to come forward.

However, "I don't get the sense that's the case," he said in one of the first insights the Police Department has provided into its investigation of what Dossey acknowledged is a "unique" case of potential trails leading nowhere.

http://www.pekintimes.com/news/20170104/false-lead-in-robert-bee-case-produces-arrest

Akoya, noZme, spike and 1 other person like this.
  15. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Pekin police post large signs with Robert Bee's picture

The smiling face of a young red-haired boy now confronts thousands of Pekin motorists daily.

No one, however, has accurately reported seeing Robert Bee, 13, since he ran when a school truancy officer visited his home nine weeks ago.

The Pekin Police Department announced Thursday it has erected three large signs bearing Bee's picture and a request to call with any solid information of his whereabouts.

The signs were provided by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, the department stated. One stands at Derby and Second streets, not far from Bee's home at 203 Sapp St., where he was last seen Nov. 17.

"There have been no confirmed sightings of (the boy) since that time," the department said in its news release. Nor has anything come from the "hundreds of leads in various locations throughout central Illinois" that Pekin's and other police agencies, including state and federal, have followed in their search.

"Detectives have conducted numerous searches of homes and vehicles, have interviewed numerous individuals, and have conducted several controlled searches of properties in the area," the Pekin department stated.

"Someone knows something" about Bee's disappearance, police Chief John Dossey has said.

The department has issued a $1,000 reward for information leading to the boy through its CrimeStoppers program. Anyone with useful information is urged to call CrimeStoppers at 673-9000 or the department at 346-3132.

http://www.pjstar.com/news/20170126/pekin-police-post-large-signs-with-robert-bees-picture

[​IMG]

Akoya, spike, noZme and 1 other person like this.
  16. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Oh my goodness. He's been missing for 2 1/2 months. MOO there's no way he's out there on his own without his epilepsy meds and still alive. Mom has some choice words for some commenters on some of her FB posts relating to Robert. Like people trying to help....

17. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

MEthinks "mom" knows what happened to him. Applause for the sister for calling her out.

Akoya, spike, noZme and 2 others like this.
  18. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Agree.

Akoya, spike, noZme and 1 other person like this.
  19. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Tips on missing Pekin boy are becoming scarce

For more than two months after 13-year-old Robert Bee Jr. ran from a truant officer visiting his home, police investigated hundreds of tips and leads about his disappearance.

Now, days from the mystery's quarter-year mark, those tips are drying up.

"They're definitely getting fewer," Pekin Police Public Information officer Billie Ingles said Monday. "There's really not been anything new."

None of the leads has proven worthy of the $1,000 reward police still offer for credible information leading to Bee's whereabouts.

Nothing has changed, as well, in the debris-strewn front yard of Bee's home at 233 Sapp St., where a small bike lays on the grass near two parked vehicles, all with deflating tires, and garbage from an overturned trash bin.

Lisa Bee, Robert's mother, was served an eviction notice in mid-January, according to court records.

"We don't know if she's still in town or not," though police still have her cellphone number, Ingles said.

Lisa Bee, meanwhile, was found in violation of the truancy ordinance when she failed to appear in court on Jan. 3. Her $386 bill in fine and fees has been referred to a collection agency.

Bee's disappearance, so far, recalls a similar Pekin case now 45 years old. Richard Griener, then 13, vanished after he went sledding in January 1972.

"That bothers me — that we were never able to resolve that case," Police Chief Tim Gillespie said as he retired in 2009 after 39 years with the city department.

http://www.pjstar.com/news/20170213/tips-on-missing-pekin-boy-are-becoming-scarce

noZme, Akoya, Paradise and 1 other person like this.
  20. Kimster

This really sucks. The mom needs a wake up call.

noZme, Akoya and Paradise like this.