1. BREAKING NEWS IN THE BEAR BROOK MURDERS CASE!
    Three of the Jane Does have been IDENTIFIED!

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS!
  2. A GUILTY verdict has been reached in the McSTAY murder trial!
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  4. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  6. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

UT ROBERT G. MARVIN SR: Missing from Moab, UT - 4 Sept 1984 - Age 55

Discussion in 'Missing 1980 to 1989' started by Scorpio, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

[​IMG]

https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/136

Robert was last seen leaving his residence in the vicinity of the 200 block of E. 100 S. in Moab, UT. He was a successful business man and traveled back and forth between Moab, UT and Albuquerque, NM frequently. He was later seen on September 12, 1984 at a gas station in Moab, UT. His orange and white 1974 Volkswagon convertible was later located at the Albuquerque, NM airport.

https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...b-utah-on-september-4-1984.4222/#comment-4327

edited to add media link

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2018
    Akoya likes this.
  2. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

http://charleyproject.org/case/robert-g-marvin-sr

[​IMG]

Details of Disappearance
    Marvin was disappeared after leaving his residence in the vicinity of the 200 block of east 100 South in Moab, Utah on September 4, 1984. He was a successful geologist employed by Santa Fe Mining and often traveled back and forth between Moab and Albuquerque, New Mexico.

He left home at 9:30 a.m., telling his girlfriend he was going to look at condominiums in Durango, Colorado and Telluride, Colorado. His family reported him missing on September 6, after Santa Fe Mining called looking for him.

Marvin's orange and white 1974 Volkswagen convertible was located at the airport in Albuquerque on September 29. Inside the car were several of Marvin's personal belongings, including his tobacco pouch. There were traces of blood on the pouch, but not enough to determine whether it was Marvin's. Marvin didn't take any money out of his bank accounts before he disappeared, and his last paycheck was never cashed.

Marvin's wife was murdered in Albuquerque in 1979, five years before his disappearance. She was shot to death in her car at the Albuquerque International Sunport, and her body was found by her two sons. Marvin was in Canada on a business trip at the time. His wife's murder remains unsolved.

Foul play is suspected in Marvin's disappearance.

KareBear, Akoya and Kimster like this.
  3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Of course we have to wonder if his wife was murdered by the same people that caused him to go missing? And I wonder if they could check the DNA on that pouch now?

Scorpio and Akoya like this.
  4. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

I can't find any information regarding his wife's murder online, which is strange if it is still unsolved.

Akoya and Kimster like this.
  5. Kimster

Well, this case is a big mystery to me. I'd like to know more, wouldn't you? Was he a suspect I wonder? Could he have gone missing because somebody was trying to do their own justice for the wife? Or like I said before, did the same people that killed her cause him to go missing?

KareBear, Akoya and Scorpio like this.
  6. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

marvin.png

I just found this newspaper clipping for the Sante Fe New Mexican dated July 21, 1985.

Robert's wife's name is Lola Marvin. She flew to Albuquerque for an appointment at a local hotel the day of her murder. In 1982 a woman from California called in an anonymous tip and identified Lola's killer. The police said she provided specific information regarding the route taken to and from the murder scene. The tipster described an out of town motel and Detective Garcia pulled it's records, the suspects name was not listed in them.

Robert's son said that when he cleaned his mothers room he found an airline ticket indicating that a few days after Lola's murder his father flew to the same small town where the tipster said the murder suspect signed the motel register, he believes that the register contains the killers signature.

Akoya and Kimster like this.
  7. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

http://www.nmsoh.org/marvin_lola_us.htm

WANTED!
    THE MURDERER(S) OF

Lola Marvin
    Albuquerque, NM
    Case# 79-047058

On August 4, 1979, Officers were dispatched to the lower parking lot of the Albuquerque Sunport. The victim was found in a locked white 1978 Pontiac, bearing Colorado plates, by her two sons at 1600 hours (4:00 p.m.). She had three gunshot wounds to the chest and was last seen by her son, George, at 0430 hours (4:30 a.m.) on 7/31/79.

If you or anyone you know has information about this murder we urge you to help. If you have information leading to the arrest and conviction of the MURDERER(S), you may receive a REWARD from Crimestoppers. You may contact Rich Lewis of the Albuquerque Police Department's Cold Case Unit at 505-924-6095, call Crimestoppers at 505-843-7867, or email us.

Any information about this murder, as insignificant as it seems, may be important!

KareBear, Akoya and Kimster like this.
  8. Kimster

I can't stop thinking about this case now. o_O

So, both of them went all the way to Albuquerque for some unknown reason? After his wife was killed, why would Robert go there alone? We need a timeline. This is CRAZY!

9. KareBear

KareBear Well-Known Member

I'm with ya on that one! This is nuts! I also wondered why Robert would go to that same area after she was found murdered... was he looking for her? Did he already know she was deceased and he went to do his own investigating? Was the ticket purchased before or after her trip?What do we know about the son's? They must have been older if they could drive.. Also, what kind of appointment at a hotel did Lola have that required her to fly? Was it for work or another purpose?

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Kimster likes this.