1. Don't miss the next episode of TRUE COLD CASE FILES with our member, Jason Futch!
    You can also be a part of this broadcast by letting Jason know what cases you'd like him to research in future episodes!

Click Here

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Help! ROBERT JAMES BROWN: 12-year-old missing, presumed murdered in Pefferlaw, Ontario - August 1968

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by RedRose, Jul 18, 2015.

1. RedRose

RedRose Well-Known Member

Yup, perps seem to like the nomadic life of Carnies and the race horse world. They can slip in and out of both with nary a blink of an eye.

Ladyslug, spike, GarAndMo49 and 2 others like this.
  2. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

@RedRose, it's unfortunate it was just for the weekend, but there may still be ways to track the company, perhaps at least trace its regular routes. But I can't do much without the name..

Idaho.. was it Lonnie Jones? I know a bit about that case..

I've researched quite a few cases where the perp has worked as a carny, or a carnival was in town. Sadly, it's a popular way for pedos and other offenders to get about. If there's any doubt as to how organised some of these offenders can be, it's very worth looking at this case from the UK (very upsetting..):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidney_Cooke

@Kimster, if you'd like a hand with that project, please just let me know.

3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I'm thinking of maybe making a "trending" area on this site at some point in the future. I'll be sure to drag you into it, @Lily! :highfive:

4. Kimster

And yes, it was Lonnie Jones. The feature was done in May of 2012. His case still haunts me! To be a parent thinking your child is going to have a wonderful time and then you never see them again is just chilling.

5. RedRose

Thanks for the directional pointer!:)

6. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

No worries, RedRose, I figured this a case you're very passionate about, so better you contact them yourself.

Looking for the company might be very tedious stuff, I'm happy to offer some time digging them up, once you get a name. Even if it's a dead end, at least you can then know it is one.

Have you told police about your suspect, or are they already aware of him?

7. RedRose

Thanks for your help Lily! :) Sad to say, Robbie is third on my passionate cold case sleuthing. But I still don't want him to fall through the cracks so I put him up in hopes 'more minds the better' will bring more info to light.

8. Kimster

One of my desires is to keep cold cases in the minds of the masses. I used to have a weekly cold case feature on the internet a few years back. I plan to rekindle the flame once a few more new forum projects are completed.

I'm very happy to see our members showing interest in cold cases!

Ladyslug, spike, GarAndMo49 and 2 others like this.
  9. RedRose

Okay, so after sending messages, on the phone etc. No luck on the name of the Carnival. Sigh.

Ladyslug and Kimster like this.
  10. Kimster

Shoot! Are there old carnival websites or forums?

Glad you bumped this thread! This case slipped my mind!

Ladyslug and spike like this.
  11. spike

spike Bronze Member

I am reminded of an old case that happened in Keystone Heights, Fl.
    One or two carnies killed everyone in a little beauty shop in town.

I had a friend in college with a lake house in Keystone Heights and we drove out to meet some other friends.
    The house was locked up tight and he'd lost his key. We had to wait for the others to bring the key and while waiting in the car, in the dark...he told me about the murders. The shop had been about 60 yards away and we both got the heevie jeebies talking about it.
    I cannot remember if it had been solved at that time or not.

Ladyslug and Kimster like this.
  12. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

If you know the route the carnival took, a couple towns? and the dates of those events, there might be a way to track the name down.

Ladyslug, Kimster and spike like this.
  13. spike

spike Bronze Member

I'll snoop around.

Lily and Ladyslug like this.
  14. spike

spike Bronze Member

The Keystone Heights Beauty Shop murders took place on Nov. 30, 1971.
    Two women shot, the daughter of one was missing and they found her body months later.
    A Robert Carl Taylor Jr. was arrested but I couldn't find how he may have been a carnie.
    Now here is where it gets crazy....He was one of the McCrary Serial murderers.
    There is page after page regarding them and they wandered all over the country.
    I have no computer so it is difficult for me to post this info correctly.
    Also...on Topics (not a reliable site) there are several pages about the Keystone murders.
    Now going nuts trying to remember the carnie connection.

Lily, Ladyslug and Kimster like this.
  15. spike

spike Bronze Member

Hah! Found a site that says the McCrary family did work as carnies!
    unknowhistoryofmisandry.com

Lily and Kimster like this.
  16. Kimster

Whoa! :highfive: Good catch!

Lily and spike like this.
  17. spike

spike Bronze Member

Could carnivals move freely across the borders back then?

18. kidmissing

kidmissing New Member

Is one of these Jeremy Bright from OR?

spike and Paradise like this.
  19. Kimster

You got it right! He'd gone to the Coos County Fair, never to return. :tears:

spike and Paradise like this.
  20. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Wait. We ARE talking about a 12 YR Old. RIGHT?!. Bad Teeth, on "Drugs, possibly Meth" this WAS in "1968". A 12 Yr Old is allowed to Work as a "Carny"?.