1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

RUSSELL & SHIRLEY DERMOND: Murdered in Georgia - May 2014

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by noZme, May 5, 2015.

1. spike

spike Bronze Member

:highfive:

noZme, MadgeS and Cousin Dupree like this.
  2. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

In the below article, Sills said “We’re going to scrutinize him in great detail," when discussing Ryan Oliver Glenn. ....... Which IMHO, they should. After all, it's bizarre that Mr. Dermond was beheaded and they haven't found the head. It makes it appear whoever did the crime is somewhat off in the head, or was high on drugs or alcohol. This POSSIBLE suspect has a thing with knives, has a problem with alcohol and perhaps drugs, and is violent based on his previous run ins with the law.

Sills said, " he doubts the troubled 34-year-old was involved." But it does appear he's looking at him for the crime.

OTOH, at the end of the article he explains why he feels it's someone who KNEW the Dermonds and knew the house. So as LE knows much more than we do, there must be a good reason why he says that. Of course it doesn't mean it's correct, but there is reasoning behind his words.

IMHO, it's harder to solve a crime where the perp DIDN'T know the victims, than when it's an acquaintance of the victim. Just my opinion.

fran

Knife-wielding man arrested in neighborhood where couple decapitated
    http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/knife-wielding-man-arrested-in-neighborhood-where-/nnnzY/

Uno2Much, noZme, Takeitfromme and 6 others like this.
  3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Oh it's WAY more difficult to locate a random killer.

noZme, Lily, walkie-talkie and 4 others like this.
  4. spike

spike Bronze Member

:impatient:

Kimster, noZme, Takeitfromme and 4 others like this.
  5. spike

spike Bronze Member

6. Kimster

7. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

Lake Oconee double murder probe turns to NY for clues

EATONTON, GA-- There may be new light shed on the grisly murder of an elderly Lake Oconee couple eighteen months ago. It comes from an unsolved murder in New York just last month. 11Alive News has learned investigators in both cases are collaborating and comparing their numerous similarities.

The unsolved double murder on Lake Oconee is one of the most unusual and horrifying in Georgia crime annals. When Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills learned about the November killing of 83-year-old Lois Colley in North Salem New York, he felt like he'd heard the story before.

"Very wealthy people. A lady at her residence was found beaten to death at her home. Nothing was taken. No sign of forced entry," Sills recounted in an interview Thursday. He said investigators in New York working that case called the Putnam County sheriff's office this week.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/2015/12/03/oconee-double-murder/76745890/

Uno2Much, spike, Lily and 4 others like this.
  8. spike

spike Bronze Member

Wondering if this is related to the POI mentioned or the multiple vandalism incident recently.

Was POI in NY? Hmmmm.....

9. spike

spike Bronze Member

:praying:...reveal this beast....

noZme, Lily, GatorD and 2 others like this.
  10. walkie-talkie

11. walkie-talkie

More information has been added to the above link, including video.
    -----

"It did happen on or about the same day two years later -- a case where the head was taken and not at the scene," Sills said.

He's been on the phone with Texas investigators for the past several days.

“We compared notes. I actually sent autopsy pictures there so their (medical examiner) would have it there," Sills told Artz.

During the interview, Sills talked about a case in New York in which a woman who owned multiple fast-food restaurants, just as the Dermonds did, was found beaten to death.

"The wife was murdered, not the husband, and their home was in an exclusive neighborhood. That didn't pan out to be," Sills said.

The sheriff has chased dozens of leads since May 2014. He's ruled out the family, and a serial killer is possible but unlikely, he said. Sills said it'll be a tip that solves this crime.

"We desperately need someone to tell us who did this or at least point us in the right direction -- a street to go down -- and we'll take it from there," Sills said.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/she...ates-for-answers-in-couples-killing/316417472

12. spike

spike Bronze Member

So what happened to the POI he had last year?
    I'd love to hear the shatter in that area...the locals must know more than we do.

13. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Hard to believed the murders are still unsolved. :(

fran, noZme, Cousin Dupree and 2 others like this.
  14. spike

spike Bronze Member

Makin' me crazy.
    Well...one of the things....

15. Felix

Felix New Member

I am curious why the Dermond children didn't try to contact their parents when they had not heard from them for several days. Also when Mark Dermond was killed there was a man named Grady Harris there and was also shot. Would like to know if Grady Harris is related to David Lee Harris?

16. Kimster

Good question! Does anyone here know?

:welcome: @Felix

17. spike

spike Bronze Member

Not clear as to who the Harris people are.
    Felix, coud you fill us in?

This particular case is what brought me to CW (much to their dismay)!

Is there a Harris who is a person of interest?

18. Felix

Felix New Member

Grady Harris was in the car with Mark Dermond when he was killed. I wanted to Know if David Harris is related to Grady. If he is, Troy Major which is jail for the killing of Dermond may have called Grady to put pressure on his relative to Make hit on the elder Dermonds. If you will think back a month before the elder Dermonds were killed a man from South Carolina was kidnapped and brought to Georgia. Troy masterminded this kidnapping from a cell phone that was given to him by a prison guard. The man that was kidnapped was the father of the District Attorney in South Carolina. It gets more complex from this point. So if what I am suggesting is right it does stem back to the murder of Mark Dermond. Also, someone tell me why the Dermonds did not attend the trial for the murder of their son? Was it because of his drug use damaging the family's good name?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Uno2Much, Kimster, Lily and 2 others like this.
  19. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

unsolved yet another year.

Lily, Cousin Dupree, spike and 2 others like this.
  20. spike

spike Bronze Member

Honestly do not understand.
    I hope LE can implement something like GSK DNA to solve this.
    Such a horrific crime.

Lily, Uno2Much and Cousin Dupree like this.