1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

RUSSELL & SHIRLEY DERMOND: Murdered in Georgia - May 2014

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by noZme, May 5, 2015.

1. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

:sigh: Every time I see this bumped I'm hoping it has been solved.

Lily, Uno2Much and spike like this.
  2. spike

spike Bronze Member

IKR?

According to a well written article about Sills, there is a POI.
    Sills said as much and also said, "And he knows he is a POI."

Lily, noZme, Uno2Much and 1 other person like this.
  3. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Imagine how the locals feel ~ If this had happened when you lived at RP, you would still be locked in the closet with Toby.

4. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

I've been an admirer of Sheriff Sills since long before this happened. He has taken a lot of flak because of the Dermond investigation & his feelings about GBI, but I believe this will be solved. His contemporaries around the state say he is on top of it & when he knows he can make an indictment stick, he will move fast.

5. spike

spike Bronze Member

To think that I ran every night all by my lonesome, down to the lake in pitch black.
    :gaah:

...to think I ran every night...:funny:
    :sigh:

Cousin Dupree, noZme and Uno2Much like this.
  6. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

:thud:

Cousin Dupree, spike and noZme like this.
  7. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

PUTNAM DOUBLE-MURDER MYSTERY STILL UNSOLVED, FOUR YEARS LATER
    By: Justin Wilfon, WSB TV
    May 12, 2018 9:21 AM

<snip>
    Sills told Wilfon he now tries to generate new leads in the case by looking for similar cases across the country.

“If there’s a case in another state that’s even remotely similar, I’m on the phone, one of my detectives are on the phone, talking to the police agency, wherever that is,” Sills said.

Read more: https://www.wgauradio.com/news/local/putnam-double-murder-mystery-still-unsolved-four-years-later/vuACM90UZjOIPAvpHrmNeI/

Sheriff Determined to Solve Cold Case Murders of Elderly Couple
    Howard Sills has been the sheriff of Putnam County, Ga., for the past 21 years. Before that, he was a detective who solved every murder case that came his way until someone killed Russell Dermond, 88, and his wife, Shirley, 87.

MAY 10, 2018

Video: https://www.officer.com/investigations/video/21004512/sheriff-determined-to-solve-cold-case-murders-of-elderly-couple

spike, noZme and Cousin Dupree like this.
  8. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

GONE COLD | The murders at Lake Oconee: 4 years later, elderly couple’s son opens up
    Author: Jessica Noll
    Published: 12:20 PM EDT May 3, 2018
    Updated: 6:52 PM EDT May 9, 2018

SANTA ROSA BEACH, Fla. – Brad Dermond flips through albums and shuffles through a handful of photographs—remembering family road trips, golfing and how much his parents loved him and his siblings and adored their grandchildren.

But the memories are bittersweet, because that is all that remains. That, and unanswered questions.

The youngest of four, 55-year-old Dermond, says his parents were very private people and that they would hate that he is talking about them at all.

But four years after their brutal murders, Russell and Shirley Dermond's son believes it’s time to talk and hopefully break someone else’s silence, uncovering a clue into who killed his parents in rural Putnam County, Ga.

Read more/video: https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/i...ter-elderly-couples-son-opens-up/85-548449019

spike, noZme and Cousin Dupree like this.
  9. spike

spike Bronze Member

:gaah:
    My favorite Publix. Shopped there almost every day.
    It was built to look like Churchill Downs.
    Does anybody know if there is outside surveillance footage of that Publix?

Lots of riff-raff living on the outskirts.

Uno2Much and Cousin Dupree like this.
  10. Cousin Dupree

I wondered the same thing about outside surveillance. Also, who is the guy he talks to and goes back and gets something from?

spike and Uno2Much like this.
  11. spike

spike Bronze Member

I saw that.
    Honestly, looks like another resident of the area.
    Everybody pretty much knows everybody else.
    A very small, tight, affluent area...golf players and such.
    Mostly retirees.

12. Cousin Dupree

Did they at least interview the guy to see what they were talking about?

Uno2Much and spike like this.
  13. spike

spike Bronze Member

I still have concerns about the prison housing some criminals with ties to several possibilities to the area.
    Also....the son of a close resident.

Sills says there is a POI.
    And....a man seen by a witness.

Cousin Dupree and Uno2Much like this.
  14. spike

spike Bronze Member

Don't know.

Cousin Dupree likes this.
  15. Cousin Dupree

Just asking out loud to nobody, but was that guy the father of the suspicious son?

spike likes this.
  16. spike

spike Bronze Member

I am referring to the guy that slashed a ton of tires in the neighborhood...no relation to Dermonds.
    The creep had a rap sheet a mile long.
    The creep's father lives in the same subdivision.

Cousin Dupree and Uno2Much like this.
  17. Cousin Dupree

That's what I was asking, sorry, should have been more clear. Was the guy the father of the nutjob who slashed tires. Perhaps telling Mr. Dermond his kid is trying to get on the straight and narrow by starting a lawn care company or some such thing. It looks like Mr. Dermond goes back to the guy and gets something that, to me, looks like it could be a business card. Probably nothing, but every avenue has to be followed.

spike and Uno2Much like this.
  18. spike

spike Bronze Member

Interesting thought, Cuz.
    Could very well be.

I sure would love to see this case solved for this family and the residents of such a beautiful area of the country.