1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

CA SACRAMENTO JANE DOE: BF, teens-20s, found in dumpster fire - June 2001 *Perrean Gray*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by PLT, Apr 27, 2016.

1. PLT

PLT Member

On June 29, 2001, at approximately 4:45 a.m., the Sacramento, California, Fire Department responded to a possible structure fire in the area of 14th Avenue and Power Inn Road. Upon arrival, firefighters located a dumpster fire just west of Power Inn Road. After extinguishing the fire, the remains of a badly burned female were found. The victim's cause of death was ruled to be acute thermal injury, which means that the victim was alive while the fire was burning and there were soot deposits throughout her upper and lower respiratory tracts. The victim remains unidentified.

It was reported that, just prior to the fire, a Seventies-era, orange Datsun 240Z or 260Z with a primer gray left front fender was seen in the area.

The victim may have been wrapped or carried in a comforter (see additional images). Her teeth were very well cared for in that there were no dental fillings, plastic/composite sealants were applied to the teeth, and all four anterior premolars were missing. In the past, the victim had a broken nose. She may have been wearing "Structure" brand jeans at the time of her death.

• [​IMG][​IMG]

https://www2.fbi.gov/wanted/seekinfo/sacjanedoe.htm

media link added by moderator: https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...eyond-recognition-sacramento-california.3891/

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2018
    Kimster and spike like this.
  2. spike

spike Bronze Member

I honestly didn't think there were ANY Datsuns still drivable even in the early 2000s.
    Seems like a hefty clue.

Kimster likes this.
  3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

@PLT, thank you so much for starting this thread! I've been meaning to get more unidentified threads started and I just can't seem to find the time these days. This is much appreciated and I'm so glad you've joined us!

:thankyou:

spike likes this.
  4. Kimster

There we're literally thousands of these cars in Southern California when I lived down there in the eighties. Maybe a few survived and ended up in Sacramento, but I know what you're saying, Spike. You don't see many around anymore that's for sure!

You'd think a woman that was able to spend so much money on her teeth would have been submitted as missing somewhere. I have to wonder if she had a disconnect with her family and left with some guy and they think she's still with him and just not wanting to contact home?

spike likes this.
  5. PLT

PLT Member

These cases break my heart. I hope that we, as a community, can do something to get them back with their families and give them peace.

There's actually a Datsun club in Sacramento and I was looking at pictures of their events and saw a few orange Datsuns. However, none had the primer on the fender....

spike and Kimster like this.
  6. PLT

PLT Member

Here's a picture of the blanket she was wrapped or carried in.
    [​IMG]

7. Kimster

They still might know the owner. Have you thought about contacting them and linking to this thread?

spike and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  8. PLT

PLT Member

I could contact the President of the club. Not a bad idea!

9. Kimster

Let us know if it works! Wouldn't that be something if it did?

spike likes this.
  10. Ranch

Ranch Well-Known Member

In California it's not uncommon for older cars to be seen on the road especially in Sacramento where it doesn't snow.

I thought about the vehicle description being an orange Datsun 240Z or 260Z and never recalled seeing an orange 260z. I know the 240z came in orange because we had a customer who brought one to a shop I used to work at.

I found a site that list's paint codes for 240z-260z-280z's and guess what. No orange for 260z and 280z but there is for the 240z. I guess my memory ain't so bad. That narrows the car down to a 240z with a primer left fender. Click on the 918 orange on the link below to see some photos of an orange 240z.

http://www.zhome.com/History/ZColorGallary/

spike, Kimster and PLT like this.
  11. PLT

PLT Member

Wow, you're awesome! :)

spike, Kimster and Ranch like this.
  12. PLT

PLT Member

I sent a message via Facebook to the Sacramento Datsun Owners page. Hopefully they don't think I'm a nutcase! lol

Also, I went through the pictures on their page and wrote down some license plates that were visible of orange Datsuns.

spike, Kimster and Ranch like this.
  13. Ranch

Ranch Well-Known Member

I don't know about that. It's actually a minor detail. I don't think they made many 260z's.

"The 260Z was produced for less than 18 months, from the fall of 1973 to the very end of 1974, and there were two distinct styles therein: the 1974 cars, and a three-month run of what are alternately known as either 1974½ or 1975 cars."

I remember seeing a lot of 240z's but not many 260z's on the road. The 280z looked a bit different than the earlier cars and it appears it didn't come in orange.

http://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hsx/2007/03/Datsun-260Z/1424363.html

14. Kimster

Great detective work @Ranch ! :highfive:

spike and Ranch like this.
  15. Ranch

Ranch Well-Known Member

I still remember the name of the customer who owned the orange 240z in the 1980's. He was a doctor. I always wondered why he didn't buy a new car instead of driving a 10 plus year old Datsun.

16. spike

spike Bronze Member

That's awesome Ranch.
    It also makes me wonder even more as to why this hasn't presented some POIs.

Ranch and Kimster like this.
  17. spike

spike Bronze Member

:gaah: A clue?? Dr. Who???

18. Jason Futch

Jason Futch TCCF Host, King of the Highway

This Jane Doe is African American

19. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

The FBI poster says white. Do you have another link?

Jason Futch and spike like this.
  20. spike

spike Bronze Member

The rendering looks Caucasian.
    New info?

Jason Futch likes this.