1. Don't miss the next episode of TRUE COLD CASE FILES with our member, Jason Futch!
    You can also be a part of this broadcast by letting Jason know what cases you'd like him to research in future episodes!

Click Here

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

SARAH PAPENHEIM: 21 Year Old Student Stabbed to death in Rotterdam, Netherlands

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by Dobrev, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

'I've cried so much': Mother mourns death of daughter killed in Netherlands stabbing

Sarah_MOM_1544739459389_6520170_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

ANDOVER, Minn. (FOX 9) - A family is grieving a tragic loss after a young woman from Andover, Minn. was killed in the Netherlands.

A man stabbed 21-year-old Sarah Papenheim to death in her home in Rotterdam in the Netherlands. Papenheim was studying psychology at Erasmus University Rotterdam.

It’s the second time the family has been hit with tragedy after losing Papenheim’s brother to suicide a couple years ago.

“I’ve been through this before,” said Donee Odegard, Papenheim's mother. “I’ve cried so much my ducts are dry. I am in the angry stage now.”

Family and loved ones are still trying to piece together the violent attack inside Papenheim’s apartment suite near campus.

“They found her in a bath of blood, stabbed to death and beat up and stabbed for no reason, but trying to be his friend,” said Odegard.

Odegard reports a mentally unstable roommate apparently snapped. Police eventually arrested him after he was caught fleeing and boarding a train out of Rotterdam.

http://www.fox9.com/news/-i-ve-crie...Maqd87_1fbvv_V1-jMZF8TQIXyfD_YOWDK7oFh6e5l3mE

2. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Odegard reports a mentally unstable roommate apparently snapped. Police eventually arrested him after he was caught fleeing and boarding a train out of Rotterdam.

“He’d have highs and lows and she noticed that and I told her she needed to get out of there because something ain’t right,” said Odegard.

Papenheim was a talented drummer with a love for the blues, often jamming during her return visits to the Twin Cities. She made appearances at Shaw’s in northeast Minneapolis with members of the Bernard Allison Group.

“I used to hug her and sing Sarah smiles and she would just light up,” said Mario Dawson, a member of the Bernard Allison Group. “I am definitely going to miss her. Her heart was just gold.”

Musicians will be playing a concert in her honor at Shaw’s Thursday night, starting at 5 p.m.

A memorial fund for Papenheim on ******** has already raised more than $7,000.

http://www.fox9.com/news/-i-ve-crie...Maqd87_1fbvv_V1-jMZF8TQIXyfD_YOWDK7oFh6e5l3mE

Paradise likes this.
  3. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

:tears:

spike and Dobrev like this.