1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

SAVANNAH LECKIE: Missouri vs Rebecca Ruud & Robert Peat for abuse & murder of daughter, 16

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Did her adoptive dad died in 2016 and the adopted mom couldn't afford to keep her or something? My gosh I treat my animals better than this. I am so sad.

NOCLUE, spike, noZme and 2 others like this.
  2. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

This is turning into one of our more disturbing cases.

I'll never get over the awful way some people can treat others, especially their own flesh and blood.:(

fran

NOCLUE, spike, noZme and 3 others like this.
  3. Freebird

Freebird Bronze Member

Savannah didn't get along with her adoptive mother's new boyfriend so she went back to live with her biological mother.

Paradise, NOCLUE, spike and 3 others like this.
  4. Kimster

If it were me, I'd tell boyfriend to hit the road. As long as my kids were minors, they came FIRST and foremost!

Mel70, Uno2Much, Paradise and 5 others like this.
  5. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

I have a hard time reconciling the idea of choosing a new partner over your still dependent child.

Mel70, Uno2Much, Paradise and 6 others like this.
  6. Kimster

Exactly!

Paradise, NOCLUE, spike and 2 others like this.
  7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Read on Facebook that the adoptive parents split up. Adoptive dad tried to get custody. Instead of allowing that to happen, adoptive mom sent Savannah back to bio-mom in hopes that bio-mom would want custody and that would stop adoptive dad from getting it. So a bit of a "if I can't have her" situation here too. I wish people would stop using children as pawns.

Uno2Much, Paradise, NOCLUE and 5 others like this.
  8. Freebird

Freebird Bronze Member

The game backfired and poor Savannah lost her life. None of these people deserved to raise Savannah. I just hope that Sanannah wasn't conscious when she was burned. Very disturbing.

Uno2Much, Paradise, NOCLUE and 4 others like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Ozark County Sheriff Describes Process in Search for Missing Minnesota Teen

The Ozark County (Missouri) Sheriff's Department said the biological mother of a missing Minnesota 16-year-old was uncooperative when authorities sought to search the farm on which she and Savannah Leckie were residing.

Leckie grew up with her adoptive mother in the Twin Cities but spent the last year with her biological mom Rebecca Ruud. While living in a trailer on her biological mom's property in Missouri, Leckie disappeared on July 20.

The release states it was Ruud who called authorities on July 20 to report she had not seen her daughter since 11 p.m. the night before. The sheriff's department and volunteer fire and rescue teams began the search, assisted by a helicopter from a neighboring county's sheriff's department.

According to the release from Ozark County Sheriff Darrin Reed, Ruud "started becoming agitated at me and my staff for wanting to keep searching the 81-acre farm for Savannah."

That led to authorities obtaining a search warrant on Aug. 4.

"The gate was locked and a courtesy call was made to Mrs. Ruud who then met us at the gate," Reed said in the release. "We asked permission to search the grounds again and (were) refused access. At this time, we executed our search warrant."

A search using cadaver dogs led authorities to the brush pile where the remains were discovered.

http://www.kaaltv.com/article/stories/S4570398.shtml?cat=10728

Uno2Much, Paradise, NOCLUE and 4 others like this.
  10. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Reading here made me remember Sahra Baker. Hickory NC a few years back. Killed by her stepmonster. Sahra was the 10 year old who wore hearing aids & had survived bone cancer & used a prosthetic leg. Seems she had loving family back in Australia who wanted her to go back there to live.

11. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

So many people failed this young lady - not one person put her first. :(

Uno2Much, Paradise, NOCLUE and 6 others like this.
  12. Freebird

Freebird Bronze Member

Paradise, Kimster, NOCLUE and 4 others like this.
  13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Knowing Savannah: Friends and family describe the teenage girl who disappeared from an Ozark County farm

Mollie said that, above anything else, Savannah’s goats were the brightest spot in her life.

“She loved every animal but loved her goats most, especially the ones that were hers,” Mollie said. “She played with her goats all the time and talked to them like they could understand her.”

Mollie said Savannah grew closer, and Savannah even asked if she could call Mollie her big sister.

“She is the sweetest and brightest girl I’ve ever met,” Mollie said. “If anyone ever met her, they would instantly know how special she is. She’s the kind of person you meet only once in a lifetime, and if those bones are in fact hers, she was taken from this world too early. She would help someone without hesitation because she is so kindhearted. ... She deserves to be remembered for who she is and her life, not how she died, if she did.”

Even though Savannah Leckie has been missing for nearly a month, and despite the heartbreaking reports of as-yet-unidentified teeth and bone fragments found on her biological mother’s property near Theodosia, Mike Evans refuses to talk about Savannah Leckie in past tense.

“I will not refer to her in past tense like others do. I cannot accept that the remains found ... are Savannah until the testing confirms it. It disturbs me that people have jumped to the worst conclusions already,” Evans, a Minnesota resident, said Monday in an email to the Times.

“Personality-wise, Savannah is one of a kind,” Evans said. “She is a walking library of information. Many times she would act like she wasn’t paying attention, and when I would ask her, she could recite everything I had said. ... Savannah had a knack for picking a subject that many people would consider not all that relevant in everyday life and expand on it. She educated me on subjects and knew very specific things about it that I would never have guessed. She loved to color and work puzzles.”

Savannah’s “favorite item in the whole world was ‘blanky,’ a thin blanket she took everywhere,” he said. “It was always a security thing for her. Tamile and I had to find creative ways as she was getting older to hide it on her so she could have it along but not be so apparent all the time. Blanky ended up in bookbags, duffle bags and backpacks all the time.”

When Savannah was reported missing on July 20, Sheriff Darrin Reed listed the things that had apparently been taken from her room. One of the items was “her favorite blanket.”

More: http://www.ozarkcountytimes.com/news/article_1f4200e6-82b0-11e7-99bb-43739362a451.html

Uno2Much, Paradise, Akoya and 4 others like this.
  14. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Administrative Manager Staff Member

So Ruud marries her fiancé the day remains were found on her property? I suppose she thinks this will prevent them from having to testify against each other. I'm not so sure that applies to events prior to the marriage. Does anyone know?

What a horrific case.

15. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

This is absolutely horrific!

This poor girl!

:(

Uno2Much, Paradise, Akoya and 3 others like this.
  16. Freebird

Freebird Bronze Member

I don't think it applies in the case of death of a minor.

I was correct.

Snip..

A marriage license for Ruud and Peat Jr. filed in Powell County indicates they were married that same day (Aug. 4.)

Although in some instances, "spousal privilege" can protect spouses from being compelled to testify against each other. Missouri Revised Statute 546.260 says in cases involving "an alleged victim under the age of eighteen, a spouse should be a competent witness against a defendant spouse..."

http://www.ozarkcountytimes.com/news/article_c2eece0a-82b4-11e7-9219-17bd5c1f6796.html?mode=jqm

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    Uno2Much, Paradise, Akoya and 5 others like this.
  17. Kimster

Good to know! I've never heard about this law before, but I really like it!

Paradise, Akoya, Freebird and 2 others like this.
  18. Freebird

Freebird Bronze Member

Remains of Missing Minnesota Teen Identified in Missouri

Ozark County Sheriff Darrin Reed confirmed that Savannah Leckie, 16, was the person whose remains were found on a Missouri property in a burn pile just a few weeks after she disappeared.

Investigators used dental records and other evidence to confirm the identity, according to KSPR, an ABC affiliate.

http://kstp.com/news/remains-of-missing-minnesota-teen-identified-in-missouri-/4582321/

Uno2Much, noZme, Akoya and 4 others like this.
  19. Freebird

Freebird Bronze Member

FB comment says mother has been arrested. Her b/f left the state. Couldn't find any articles confirming this.

Pamela Seibert Thank God the monster RR is in jail, now the husband RP needs to be arrested as well.
    LikeShow more reactions
    · Reply ·
    · 9 hrsManage
    [​IMG]
    Janette McDaniel
    Why isn't Robert Peat in jail too?
    LikeShow more reactions
    · Reply · 8 hrsManage
    [​IMG]
    Pamela Seibert
    Janette he left the state. Police know where he is, just hasnt been arrested as of yet.
    LikeShow more reactions
    · Reply ·
    · 8 hrs

https://www.facebook.com/ozarkcountytimes/posts/10156138611539381

20. Freebird

Freebird Bronze Member

Uno2Much, Akoya, Paradise and 3 others like this.