1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

KY SAVANNAH SPURLOCK: Missing near UK campus in Lexington, KY - 4 Jan 2019 - Age 22 *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jan 9, 2019.

1. ima.grandma

ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

2. ima.grandma

ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

Many people have joined the search for missing Madison County mother Savannah Spurlock.

Police have received hundreds and hundreds of tips about the possible whereabouts of Spurlock. On Tuesday, Garrard County authorities were in the area of Paint Lick Creek checking out some spots

Garrard County has been the main focus during the search for Spurlock. Richmond police say she ended up there after leaving a Lexington bar with three men on Jan. 4.

Kim Gipson and Toni Robinson didn’t know Spurlock, but they are moms on a mission to try and find her. They were two of the people searching the Buckeye community in Paint Lick, after being here just a month ago.

“My daughter is the same age. If she went missing, I’d hope somebody would help us,” said Gipson.

In May the two took photos of debris and things that appeared out of place. When they viewed the pictures on their phone a week ago, they said that they noticed what they thought looked like skeletal remains washed up along the bank. On Tuesday, authorities came to the area to search for themselves.

Bones were not there and the Emergency Management Director said that it is common for animals to get washed up in the creek.

Richmond Police viewed the photo and are looking into the matter, but so far, the search continues. To help the family, Gipson and Robinson soon plan to put up metal tip boxes throughout the county, hoping that someone, who maybe doesn’t trust electronics, shares information needed to solve the mystery.

[​IMG]
    https://lex18.com/news/covering-ken...k-garrard-co-creek-searched-in-spurlock-case/

Skitt, spike, Paradise and 2 others like this.
  3. Summer_breeze

Summer_breeze Blowing through the Jasmine in my mind

spike, Kimster, kdg411 and 3 others like this.
  4. Summer_breeze

Reward offered in missing Kentucky mother case

https://www.wlky.com/article/103-year-old-runner-nicknamed-hurricane-setting-world-records/28110485
    Updated: 1:01 PM EDT Jun 19, 2019

A $15,000 reward is being offered in the case of a missing Kentucky mother.

Savannah Spurlock, 23, has been missing for approximately five-and-a-half months.

The mother of four was last seen leaving a Lexington bar on Jan. 4 with three men.

Police release surveillance pictures of Spurlock leaving the bar.

The men were questioned and deny having anything to do with her disappearance.

spike, kdg411 and Whatsnext like this.
  5. Summer_breeze

Missing posters for Savannah Spurlock taken down

https://lex18.com/news/covering-kentucky/2019/06/26/missing-posters-for-savannah-spurlock-stolen/
    GARRARD COUNTY, Ky. (LEX 18)– The best friend of a missing Richmond woman tells LEX 18 that some of the posters they have put up around Garrard County have been taken down.

“If it was someone else’s family member, I’m sure they wouldn’t appreciate someone coming and tearing down, just like she’s nothing,” said Sabrina Speratos, a friend of Savannah Spurlock.

kdg411 and Whatsnext like this.
  6. Summer_breeze

Family hires private investigator in search for Savannah Spurlock

https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/F...n-search-for-Savannah-Spurlock-512012272.html
    By WKYT News Staff |
    Posted: Sat 10:19 PM, Jun 29, 2019 |
    Updated: Sat 11:46 PM, Jun 29, 2019

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - It's been nearly six months since Richmond mother Savannah Spurlock disappeared, and still no answers.

Now, her family hopes a private investigator will uncover new information about what happened.

[​IMG]

Skitt and Whatsnext like this.
  7. Whatsnext

Whatsnext Well-Known Member

Praying for the family and especially her kids. They must all be heartbroken :(

Skitt likes this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Several agencies, including coroner, descend onto Savannah Spurlock search scene

Several law enforcement agencies descended onto what is believed to be the last known location of missing Kentucky mother Savannah Spurlock Wednesday evening.

Our reporter on the scene tells us Kentucky State Police Troopers, FBI agents and sheriff's deputies set up near a home in Garrard County.

He was also told a coroner is on the scene, but it is not clear what county the coroner is from.

Officials confirmed the search does have to do with Spurlock, 23, who was last seen leaving a Madison County bar with several Garrard County men.

“Nothing has been found, the search may have started a few moments ago but no body has been located. A lot of rumors floating around. As soon as we find something we will let you know," said Trooper Robert Purdy.

Men in hazmat suits started searching the home around 10:30 p.m. after getting a search warrant.

The home on Perkins Lane has been searched several times in the six months since Spurlock disappeared.

Richmond Police have been front and center in this case but Kentucky State Police are conducting the investigation Wednesday night.

https://www.wymt.com/content/news/S...agencies-including-coroner-on--512561591.html

[​IMG]

Skitt, kdg411 and Whatsnext like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Social media rumors are flying.
    Supposedly a suspect has been arrested and told police where to find Savannah.

Skitt, kdg411 and Whatsnext like this.
  10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

MrsS, Skitt, kdg411 and 1 other person like this.
  11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Skitt, kdg411, Kimster and 1 other person like this.
  12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

BREAKING: Remains found outside home where missing mom Savannah Spurlock was last seen

Shortly before midnight on Wednesday night, Kentucky authorities located human remains outside of a rural home where missing mom of three, Savannah Spurlock was last seen.

Kentucky State Police Trooper Robert Purdy announced that authorities arrived at a home close to the intersection of Fall Lick Road and Perkins Lane in Garrard County on Wednesday evening after receiving a credible tip. Several hours later, authorities obtained a search warrant to search the property.

“Just before midnight, human remains were located outside of the residence, exhumed and taken to the state Medical Examiner’s Office,” Kentucky State Police Public Affairs Officer, Robert Purdy, said, according to WDRB. “At this time we cannot confirm the identity of the individual due to decomposition.”

Purdy didn’t specify exactly where on the property the remains were found, but indicate authorities recovered the remains “outside from the ground.”

No one is currently in custody according to Purdy, but several interviews are being conducted.

https://www.crimeonline.com/2019/07...-missing-mom-savannah-spurlock-was-last-seen/

Skitt, kdg411, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  13. Whatsnext

Whatsnext Well-Known Member

Arrest!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article232533842.html

From the article

A Garrard County man’s report of a foul odor coming from his property and discovery of human remains led to an arrest in connection with Savannah Spurlock’s disappearance, according to police and media reports.

David A. Sparks, 24, of Lancaster was charged with abuse of a corpse and evidence tampering about 2 a.m. Thursday. He was booked into the Madison County jail about 3:42 a.m.

Sparks’ lives at 3178 Fall Lick Road, according to his arrest citation.

After a man’s attorney told police of the smell, several police agencies searched a property at Fall Lick and Perkins Lane for Madison County mother Spurlock and discovered the unidentified remains that “were located concealed in an unnatural position beneath the ground,” according to the arrest citation.

The property, which had been searched previously, belongs to a relative of a suspect, Kentucky State Police Trooper Robert Purdy said late Wednesday.

14. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Presuming this is Savannah, I'm really glad they found her. There's nothing worse than the torture of a family not knowing where their loved one is and they continue to search for years.

15. Nagatha Christie

Nagatha Christie Well-Known Member

I am so glad to know someone has been arrested and that savannah seems to have been found. Her case has been on my mind more that a lot of other cases, for some reason.

16. Kimster

Human remains discovered on a Kentucky property were identified as Savannah Spurlock, putting an end to the monthslong search for the 23-year-old mother, police announced Thursday.

@foxnews

17. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Is it odd to detect a smell from human remains after 6 months?

I've done some Google searching and now I'm probably on several watch lists. I guess it could depend on how she was concealed?

18. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

I was wondering the same thing.

19. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

kdg411, Whatsnext and Kimster like this.
  20. Kimster

I was wondering the same thing, but I think the answer would be yes. The house I'm living in right now was a rental that belonged to my ex and the people that rented it had killed a deer and left the remains on the side of the garage. For two years or so afterward, under certain circumstances, I could smell it - even though we had removed all the remains.