1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

KY SAVANNAH SPURLOCK: Missing near UK campus in Lexington, KY - 4 Jan 2019 - Age 22 *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jan 9, 2019.

1. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Also maybe the ground near there might have been disturbed for some reason and brought the smell out?

2. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

Uck ... I didn't know it could last so long

3. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

Oh goodness I’m now concerned about being on “watch list” as I google sooooo many things just because I have an inquiring mind even when I watch crime related tv shows....i did t know such a thing exists....

Prayer to this family may they now find peace and be able to lay this beautiful young woman to rest properly

spike, Toro, kdg411 and 3 others like this.
  4. Toro

Toro Active Member

I followed Savannah's case since the beginning and this is just hoping she receives full justice and that she rests in peace.
    If no one has seen it, this is the statement from her family. :(
    [From her family-
    We are heartbroken to confirm that Savannah’s remains were found on the property of a home in Garrard County overnight. Our sobs of pain and physical anguish are met with moments of our beautiful memories of the vibrant and vivacious person she was. She lives on through her precious boys, who each carry a special part of her in them. We know that Savannah has not been suffering all of this time. She has been cradled in the arms of our Great Savior, Jesus Christ. As we have cried out to Him through the unknown, we continue to cling to Him through the pain and heartache of the truth to come. As hard as the last six months have been, the truth of what happened that night in January is going to be even more painful. We have fought a very public fight, and now we must step away and grieve privately. We plan to close this page tomorrow morning, and we ask that media respect our need for privacy as well.

We could not have done this without the over 35,000 of you on this page who have followed, shared, prayed, searched, donated, and advocated. You have kept Savannah’s silenced voice alive alongside us in a fight for the truth. You have embraced a stranger with empathy and compassion. Many of you have adopted her into your family as one of your own. Thank you.

Thank you to the ones who provided the tip that gave us closure. That took immense courage and bravery to stand up for the truth. Thank you.

To Detective Fraze and Detective Scott from Richmond PD, you have put so much heart and soul into fighting for Savannah. We are forever grateful for your passion for answers, your perseverance to protect the case, and your dedication and hours of work. Thank you to Richmond PD, Garrard County PD, KSP, FBI, and all the other local LE agencies who have poured into this case. Thank you to Sal Grasso, for helping with this final push for answers. As KSP now takes the reins, we pray that justice will be served by anyone involved.

Thank you to the professional groups who have advised us, cried with us, and searched for Savannah. Cajun Search and Rescue Team, Midwest Chapter of Texas Eqqusearch, LostNMissing, The Aware Foundation, Missing Person Cases Network, and the many other teams that aided on the ground and online. Thank you to Kim Gipson, Grace Prater, Toni Robinson, and all of our other local searchers who spent hours on the ground fighting for Savannah.

Thank you to the local and national media outlets who have spread awareness week after week. We appreciate your efforts so deeply.

The amount of support and love you all have shown our family is incredible. Around the world, you have been #SavannahStrong. God has an amazing way of knitting people together through tragedy. We are thankful for those new bonds formed. For the small number who have had ill intentions through this process, we pray that God will meet you and forgive you for hurting Savannah and our family.

As this part of the process closes for us, we continue to pray and advocate for the other families of the missing who are still waiting. We pray for perseverance through the unknown. We pray for courage to fight for their loved one, who is worthy to be found.

Savannah, we love you so much. #RestinHeaven #SavannahStrong]
    [​IMG]

spike, Whatsnext, Tammy and 3 others like this.
  5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

What a lovely statement. I had not seen it before. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

spike, kdg411 and Toro like this.
  6. Toro

Toro Active Member

You are most welcome.
    Thanks for allowing me to post that.
    The family is just so awesome in the face of this tragedy that I found it very touching.
    See you around,
    Toro

spike, kdg411 and Kimster like this.
  7. Toro

Toro Active Member

Well, the details on Savannah are just horrible.:(
    https://www.crimeonline.com/2019/07...-in-19-inch-deep-grave-bound-with-tape-court/
    snipped {David Sparks, 23, was charged with abuse of a corpse and tampering with physical evidence in the death of Savannah Spurlock, 23, whose remains were found at Sparks’ parents home. WYMT reported that a court learned how Spurlock was buried nude in a 19-inch deep grave, bound with shipping tape, doubled over, and concealed in several garbage bags}
    So sad,
    Toro

8. Angela

Angela Member

It is sad that this girl Savannah has been found
    At least the family will be able to pay her to rest
    I also do not understand why people do this but shows at times what society can be like
    I hope the man who did this never is released

spike, Whatsnext, kdg411 and 2 others like this.
  9. Kimster

Me either! There are so many people out there like this killer. I don't understand how they can be so depraved and evil.

10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

If you hear someone screaming like that, call the police RIGHT THEN.
    If you didn't call the police, but then you hear about a woman missing in the area, CALL THE POLICE THEN.
    Don't wait until her body is found and then say, "Oh yeah, I heard screaming..." :mad::mad::mad: This happens so often.

Neighbor Describes Hearing Chilling Screams The Last Night Savannah Spurlock Was Seen Alive

A neighbor described hearing chilling screams the last day Savannah Spurlock was seen alive coming from the rental home of the man now being held in connection with the mom of four’s death.

The neighbor told The Daily Mail she heard “screams in the night” in the early morning hours of January 4, the same day police believe Spurlock went to the rural Kentucky home with three men she was captured on surveillance footage leaving a Lexington bar with.

“I got up and I listened and I know they were coming from that house,” the unidentified neighbor told the news organization.

The neighbor said although she initially believed the screams could have been coming from kids who lived next door, she quickly realized they were something more sinister.

“'They didn't start looking for her for a while after but when the police came I just knew. I knew what I had heard. I know something bad happened in there,” she said.

https://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/neighbor-heard-screams-the-last-night-savannah-spurlock-seen-alive

Whatsnext, spike, kdg411 and 2 others like this.
  11. Kimster

That drives me crazy too! One time I woke up in the middle of the night and I could hear shooting. I called the sheriff's office. They did check it out and it was somebody illegally hunting near the city limits, but I'm so glad I called.

Whatsnext, spike, kdg411 and 2 others like this.