1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Vanessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Vanessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

SD SERENITY DENNARD: Missing from Rapid City, SD - 3 Feb 2019 - Age 9

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Feb 4, 2019.

1. KareBear

KareBear Well-Known Member

2. Whatsnext

Whatsnext Well-Known Member

Lol, but not everyone who reads them believes in bigfoot, Alien abductions or the likes.
    You can read about missing person's cases which you cannot find in the databases because those people are presumed dead, for example.
    Like you said, they raise awareness for the missing and I truly hope that they also making people think twice before they go into the woods unprepared .

MrsS, SheWhoMustNotBeNamed and Mel70 like this.
  3. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Now that you say that. I have to find it. But there is a "Missing Persons" case from 86-87. Teenager. About my age at the time 16-17. She was going with thus guy "Camping" to search for "Bigfoot". Her Father let her go. I think. Or She just had her father for some reason. Well, She went Missing. And the guy said "Bigfoot" abducted her. It's so RIDICULOUS! The guy was never charged with anything.

Whatsnext likes this.
  4. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

It's "Theresa Ann Bier". 1987

Whatsnext likes this.
  5. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Yep. Her Case is on here.

6. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

NO UPDATES ON "Serenity"?. ALOT, THEN NOTHING?. THIS IS VERY ALARMING!!! It makes me think a P.O.I. is being questioned and/or giving information on her body's location. It's the 10th day!

KareBear likes this.
  7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Search resumes for missing girl -- still no breakthrough

The search for Serenity Dennard, the 9-year-old girl who went missing in steep forest terrain on Super Bowl Sunday, resumed Wednesday near Rockerville but resulted in no break in the case.

"We wanted to take advantage of the weather," said Gail Schmidt, a Pennington County Search and Rescue team member who is also the fire chief for the Rockerville Volunteer Fire Department. "It was fairly warm yesterday and things melted a little yesterday. We saw some of the creeks melt and some of the snow melt on some of the hill sides. The weather's pretty nice today and we wanted to get one more opportunity out there to look at some high priority areas close to the Children's Home and see if we could get our eyes on Serenity."

Future search plans will be decided on a day by day, authorities say, pending a break in the weather or any new information investigators uncover.

https://www.kotatv.com/content/news...-girl----still-no-breakthrough-505806441.html

MrsS, Kimster, NOCLUE and 6 others like this.
  8. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Thank You for the "Update" "SheWho". No News is BAD News! :vigil:

9. Whatsnext

Whatsnext Well-Known Member

10. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Walden likes this.
  11. Walden

Walden Member

And if someone did take her, they have a heck of a head start.

Whatsnext and Mel70 like this.
  12. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

No News on Serenity. Silence in this is VERY BAD!. And I don't understand why her "Family" has not made any comment AT ALL! That I can find. I could have missed it. But it appears they haven't. I know she was taken from her "Family" for undisclosed reasons, But NO ONE in her "Family" cares about her?! The Home said that EVERY Child placed there they DO NOT disclose the "Reason" or "Program" they are in. It will be 2 Wks Tomorrow.

MrsS, Steve and kdg411 like this.
  13. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Help Find Serenity Dennard Facebook would be a good place to read.

Whatsnext and Mel70 like this.
  14. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Whatsnext and kdg411 like this.
  15. wenn9366

wenn9366 Active Member

How much snow is on the ground there right now? Horrible thought, but if she's outside and the area is continuing to get fresh snow with little melt, she may not be found until it's warmer. :(

16. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

I haven't seen specific snowfall amounts, only that snow has been "heavy" at times and making the searching quite difficult.

https://www.kotatv.com/content/news/Weather-terrain-make-search-for-Serenity-tough-505865691.html

Added Thom: "It got down close to zero that night when she first went missing and it started to snow and since then we've had additional snow. So that has complicated the search. It makes it more difficult for the searchers and in particular it makes it more difficult for the K-9s."

February 6 - https://www.newscenter1.tv/dangerous-cold-blowing-snow-for-wednesday/
    [​IMG]

On February 7th, four days after Serenity disappeared, they got "about 5 inches". - https://www.keloland.com/weather/forecast/storm-center-update-thursday-pm-february-7th/1762938986

Still snowing... February 15 - https://www.kotatv.com/content/news/Falling-snow-a-headache-for-plows-505922861.html
    [​IMG]

MrsS, Whatsnext, kdg411 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Thank You "SheWho" for the posting!

18. Walden

Walden Member

It honestly doesn’t look like they’ve been getting a lot of snow. Here, it’s built up on the sides of the road from snowplows. So I doubt she’s buried under snow. What I suspect, IF she wasn’t picked up by someone, is that she chose to hide some place when she heard people looking, and succumbed to hypothermia while she was hiding. Or if she wasn’t already hiding, she may have been driven to “terminal burrowing” once the hypothermia set in. It would not have taken long in the temps that occurred, in combination with how she was dressed. Remember, hypothermia can occur in above freezing temps, even inside a house that has some amount of heat.

19. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

I don't know that area. But reminds me when the Search for "Dru Sjodin" was being conducted. And they didn't find Her until "Spring". Kidnapped from a "Mall Parking lot" While ON THE PHONE WITH HER BOYFRIEND!

20. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Update: There is an Adult Cousin of "Serenity's" living in Nebraska, That has suggested a type of alert. That is not an "Amber alert".There is all of the info online. She has not had any communication with family in Several Years. And I still see no other mention of any comments etc. From "Serenity's" family in "South Dakota".

MrsS, Whatsnext, kdg411 and 1 other person like this.