1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

SD SERENITY DENNARD: Missing from Rapid City, SD - 3 Feb 2019 - Age 9

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

There is NO UPDATE of any kind! I just looked. No News is BAD News. This makes me fear more and more someone picked her up. It sounds terrible, But I would rather have her "Succumb to the Elements" than THAT Fate.

2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Sheriff's office provides new photo, poster of Serenity Dennard

The Pennington County Sheriff's Office is circulating a new picture and missing person flyer of Serenity Dennard, the 9-year-old who has been missing since Feb. 3.

According to social media posts from the sheriff's office, the photo was taken on Feb. 2, the day before she ran away from staff at the Black Hills Children's Home near Rockerville. The sheriff's office is still investigating Dennard's disappearance.

https://rapidcityjournal.com/news/l...e_db856204-0c97-56b6-9e3d-076d1117c754.html#1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

noZme, Walden, KareBear and 3 others like this.
  3. spike

spike Bronze Member

:(

noZme, Whatsnext and kdg411 like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Investigation into missing South Dakota girl, 9, remains 'top priority'

The investigation into a 9-year-old girl who ran away from a youth residential home in rural Pennington County remains ongoing nearly three weeks after she went missing.

"Even though the weather prohibits an effective and safe outdoors search for Serenity Dennard, the investigation remains a top priority," the Pennington County Sheriff's Office said Thursday, Feb. 21, in a news release.

A plan is also being developed to continue searching for Dennard once it warms up and the snow melts, the sheriff's office said.

So far, the sheriff's office has conducted 188 interviews and served three search warrants. There have been 45 leads from South Dakota and other states, and all have been looked into by the sheriff's office or out-of-state agencies. The sheriff's office is also telling the FBI about the out-of-state leads, said Helene Duhamel, spokeswoman for the sheriff's office.

Dennard left the Black Hills Children's Home, located near Rockerville, around 10:45 a.m. Feb. 3. After searching for her, staff called law enforcement at 12:26 p.m. About 355 people and 14 dogs from 34 agencies, plus a helicopter and plane, searched for Dennard from Feb. 3-5, Feb. 8-10 and Feb. 13.

https://www.inforum.com/news/crime-...sing-South-Dakota-girl-9-remains-top-priority

MrsS, KareBear, Steve and 4 others like this.
  5. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

With all that coverage of "Land, People, Planes, Canines, Breaking the "Ice" in certain Water areas. I don't think they will find Her. I HOPE I AM SOOO WRONG!

6. Sabrina Shull

Sabrina Shull New Member

This is a general reply to several posts.

I live nearby and have had family in the Home.

I know the area pretty well.

The possibility of her being picked up is slim. That road is mostly used by the handful of local residents, local folks using it to get to Custer State Park faster during tourist season and employees of the Home.

While the weather had been warm the two days before she went missing, there are shady spots where ice remains on the road long after snow melt. On a cold Sunday, there were probably less than 50 cars just cruising past.

Besides the weather, the terrain is extremely rough. Granite outcroppings, downed trees from a fire a few years back, caves and mine shafts.

As to how she went missing, I'm confused because last time I was there the doors were locked and had to have a pass code used to get in or out and the doors were only opened on their own if the fire alarm was pulled.

There were cameras all over, including the parking lot.

All communication is closely monitored, including recording of in person visits.

Imho, I feel several balls were dropped and it probably cost a little girl her life :(

Steve, noZme, kdg411 and 3 others like this.
  7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Welcome @Sabrina Shull and thank you so much for your input.
    I was afraid about that...the likelihood of her getting picked up. It would have had to be prearranged. But I assume they would know who she was in contact with, if anyone.
    Interesting about the security protocols that may not have been in place. :(

Steve, noZme, kdg411 and 3 others like this.
  8. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Thank You "Sabrina" for your information that you have seen personally. That means a great deal. And a warm...
    :welcome:

Steve, noZme, kdg411 and 2 others like this.
  9. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

NO update since 2/21. I just looked. 8 DAYS AGO?!

Steve and KareBear like this.
  10. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Nice to have you at Crimewatchers!

How big is Black Hills Home - approx, how many residents?

kdg411, Whatsnext and Mel70 like this.
  11. Whatsnext

Whatsnext Well-Known Member

One month since Serenity Dennard's disappearance

We don't have ground crews out there right now, we do have deputies in the command post. We have them driving in the area looking for anything still talking to anyone who may have any information in the area so we have a presence but we don't have 100 people out going through the woods today due to the extreme circumstances," Pennington County Sheriff's Office Lieutenant Kraig Wood said.

Even though the weather prohibits an effective outdoor search, the investigation is still a top priority.

Recently, investigators and police conducted 188 interviews, served three search warrants for records and followed more than 45 leads since Serenity went missing.

Anyone with any information about Serenity should call the sheriff's office at 605-394-6115

https://www.kotatv.com/content/news...Serenity-Dennard-went-missing--506635351.html

Steve, KareBear, Mel70 and 3 others like this.
  12. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Thank You so much for the update "WhatsNext". This is so bad. They've called off any active searching. I can't think of the last time interviews lead to much of anything. They have even questioned the Perpetrator and let them go. Only to find out later they had them. "Bundy" was one.

Steve, Whatsnext and KareBear like this.
  13. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

3 "Search Warrants". I can only guess it was for the "Foster Home". They do need to be investigated whether they are negligent or not. I don't think they have anything to do with her disappearance "Foul play" wise. And it won't bring her back. But if they are negligent they need to be held FULLY ACCOUNTABLE!

Steve and kdg411 like this.
  14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

From an earlier article.

Whatsnext, Mel70 and kdg411 like this.
  15. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Ahhh... Thank You "SheWho" for clarifying that. :waving:

kdg411 likes this.
  16. Walden

Walden Member

This interview with her adoptive mom raises so many questions that will only make you even more sad about this little girl’s life. I don’t know how one parent can move away without telling the other with shared custody, or how that other parent does not track them down. The mother, after bonding with the child, just loses touch with her two adopted children at some point and was unaware that Serenity was even in a group home.

Then, according to the official Missing Serenity Dennard Page, the father who has physical custody has not spoken out yet because “he’s in the army.” I am just sick, finding all of this out.

Steve, Mel70, kdg411 and 3 others like this.
  17. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I just hope this isn't a growing mindset in child rearing! No matter how "intelligent" children may seem, they are still KIDS and need guidance and nurturing!

18. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Didn't speak out because "He is in the Army"?. That doesn't make sense. What was his reasoning?. I don't get that one.

kdg411 and Whatsnext like this.
  19. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

National Organization joins search for Serenity Dennard

The search for 9-year-old Serenity Dennard, who went missing from the Children’s Home Society last month is now gaining national attention.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children released a video on Friday to help track down Serenity. The video joins hundreds of other missing childrens’ from across the country, in an effort to raise awareness.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children recently reached out to the Pennington County Sheriff’s Office to help out.

“They looked at our investigation, everything we’ve been doing up to this point, just to see that they have any ideas with that,” said Chief Deputy Willie Whelchel with the Pennington County Sheriff’s Office. “Like I said locally, I believe we’re doing everything we can do.

https://www.newscenter1.tv/national-organization-joins-search-for-serenity-dennard/

Steve, Mel70, kdg411 and 2 others like this.
  20. Walden

Walden Member

I think they were trying to imply that it made him unavailable. But from what I can tell, he’s only in the reserves. And he’s choosing not to speak. If you go to the person’s page who did the interview with the mom, she says she has also invited him to do an interview and he is thinking about it.

Steve, Kimster, kdg411 and 3 others like this.