1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

CA SETINA & REN WEDDLES: Missing from Stockton, CA - 4 Jan 2018 - Age 20 months

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jan 16, 2018.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Stockton Police Searching for Missing Twins after Parents Found

[​IMG]

In a parked car, down a dead end road, overlooking a slough in Stockton -- this is where police say they found a family of five that had been missing for six days.

The problem is, they're a family of seven. Their twin toddlers, Setina and Ren, are nowhere to be found.

"These parents are being uncooperative and giving us conflicting statements,” Stockton Police Chief Eric Jones said.

The parents are 41-year-old Aaron Weddles and 32-year-old Princess Canez Walker, and their statements about the twins whereabouts have been so different, police say, they have no clue where to look for them.

Right now, they're sitting in the San Joaquin County Jail on child endangerment charges. They chose not to speak to FOX40 on Wednesday night. Their other three children are now with Child Protective Services.

http://fox40.com/2018/01/10/stockton-police-searching-for-missing-twins/

New Information Released about Missing Stockton Twins

The twins' family was found inside a white 2002 Suzuki 4-door overlooking a slough in Stockton, investigators said, days after they were reported missing. Five people were found in the car, but the twins were still nowhere to be found.

Police said no photos were available of the missing boy and girl.

Investigators asked anyone who may have seen the Suzuki recently to contact police.

"We want to retrace their steps,” Police Chief Eric Jones said on Wednesday.

http://fox40.com/2018/01/11/new-information-released-about-missing-stockton-twins/

[​IMG]

https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...ockton-ca-since-jan-4-2018.2960/#comment-3026

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2018
    GarAndMo49, spike and Uno2Much like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

‘I Want to Find Those Babies:’ Missing Twins’ Aunt Hunts for the Truth

The sister of Princess Canez-Walker has opened up to share what she knows of her still missing 20-month-old niece and nephew.

While FOX40 has been attempting to talk to Canez-Walker about where her kids are, she has denied every request. Chasi Thammeuangkhounolder, her older sister, says she has been in the same boat as she has tried to get to the truth.

“My only concern now is to find those babies. I never knew about them,” Thammeuangkhounolder said.

Thammeungkhoun says she hasn't talked to her sister in years and never got a chance to meet her niece and nephew. In fact, she reported them missing to Child Protective Services two years ago.

Now that her sister is behind bars but her 20-month-old twins, Ren and Setina, are still missing, Thammeungkhoun wants her sister to share what she knows.

“I feel guilty, I feel hurt, I feel bad, like, not knowing what they’ve gone through or what they’ve been through," Thammeuangkhounolder said.

Thammeuangkhounolder says she has only heard a number of rumors, including the vicious rumor that Weddles shot the twins and buried them. Police say, even if you have heard of rumors like this, call them because it might lead to answers.

“I’m not giving up on her," Thammeuangkhounolder said. "I want to be there. I want to help her and I want to find those babies.”

http://fox40.com/2018/01/12/i-want-to-find-those-babies-missing-twins-aunt-hunts-for-the-truth/

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Police: Family of missing twins lived in ‘deplorable, dangerous’ conditions

Evidence found in a small sport utility vehicle where a family with two missing twin babies had been living “indicated that the parents forced their children to live in these deplorable and dangerous conditions,” Stockton police reported Sunday.

Weddles, Walker and their children initially were reported missing Jan. 4 and were found by police about 10:14 a.m. Jan. 9 near Trinity Parkway and McAuliffe Road in northwest Stockton. They were living in a white 2002 Suzuki four-door with a 4-year-old girl and another set of twins, 2-year-old girls. Those three children have been placed into protective custody.

On Sunday, police released information on some of the more dangerous items detectives and evidence technicians found inside the packed Suzuki: knives, a machete, an ax, suspected mold and narcotics. Photos accompanying the police statement show a stuffed vehicle with hardly any room for people to sit.

Weddles, whose total bail is $805,000, and Walker, with bail set at $760,000, are due back in Superior Court in Stockton for a hearing at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday.

If anyone has information about the location of the missing twins, Stockton Crime Stoppers will pay a cash reward up to $10,000 for any information that leads to their location.

http://www.recordnet.com/news/20180...wins-lived-in-deplorable-dangerous-conditions

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

GarAndMo49, spike and Uno2Much like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

No Sign of Missing 20-Month-Old Twins One Week After Parents Arrested in Stockton

Princess Canez-Walker and Aaron Weddles were taken into custody last week, but the pair have remain tight-lipped after three other children were placed in protective care.

On Tuesday, the two were placed next to each other during their court hearing, where at one point they shared a smile.

"To me, that was disgusting, you know, due to the situation,” said Richard Walker, Canez-Walker's ex-husband.

Richard Walker and his daughter -- Canez-Walker's former stepdaughter -- were also in court for Tuesday's hearing because, like many, they are concerned for the missing twins.

“She’s not saying anything, you know ... it’s just weird to me,” Richard Walker told KTXL.

http://ktla.com/2018/01/16/no-sign-...-one-week-after-parents-arrested-in-stockton/

5. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

Drugs and weapons. Ugh! I hope those twins are found safe, but it doesn't sound like there will be a good outcome. :(

GarAndMo49, spike and Paradise like this.
  6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Looking at the pictures of the van, I can't even imagine how 7, or even 5, people were living in there. Even if most of them were under age 5.
    Best case scenario is they gave the twins away because they couldn't take care of them. But I'm not thinking this is heading that direction. Especially with the conflicting stories and unwillingness to talk.

7. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

http://fox40.com/2018/01/17/stockton-police-release-photos-of-one-missing-twin/
    Stockton Police Release Photos of One Missing Twin

Police released two photos of one of the missing twin toddlers out of Stockton on Wednesday.

Two images of Setina Weddles were released. Police say a photo of her twin, Ren, is still not available.

The photos released were taken in November 2016, according to police.

According to the Stockton Police Department, the Princess Canez-Walker, Aaron Weddles and their five children were reported missing on Jan. 4. The pair, along with three kids, were found living in squalor in a white SUV in Pixley Slough in Stockton last Tuesday. But there was no trace of the 20-month-old twins.

[​IMG]

8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Parents Of Missing Stockton Twins Seen Smiling, Laughing In Court As Search Continues

It’s been two weeks since twin toddlers from Stockton, Ren and Setina Weddles, were reported missing while their parents remain in custody.

Investigators hope recently released photos of Setina will help to locate the infants.

Parents Princess Canez-Walker and Aaron Weddles are facing child endangerment charges and are still not cooperating with police, which some relatives say is a mystery. Their concern over the well-being of the two 20-month-old twins grows every day.

Canez-Walker and Weddles have appeared in court, often times smiling and laughing. The only thing Weddles has reportedly said to officers is “do your jobs, that’s what you’re getting paid for.”

“We have to suspect that there is foul play involved, just going back and looking at the parents [and] how uncooperative they are,” said Stockton Police Department Officer Joe Silva.

Family members say they won’t stop looking for little Ren and Setina. They hope the community won’t stop either.

“This case has generated a lot of interest in our community and we have a lot of people that are out there looking for the twins but now at least they have that photograph on who they should be looking for,” said Silva.

Police urge anyone with information to contact crime stoppers. In the meantime, family members are planning to visit Stockton to help in the search for these missing twins.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/01/19/parents-laughing-ren-setina-weddles-twins/

GarAndMo49, spike, Paradise and 2 others like this.
  9. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Are they positive that the twins ever existed? Could it have been a scam months ago about having twins? Has anybody ever seen them? That pic of one of them "could" be part of the scam? Welfare scam? Just trying to come up with possible explanations.

GarAndMo49, spike, Uno2Much and 3 others like this.
  10. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Good points. The thought of them having those little baby twins and laughing it up in court makes me sick to my stomach!

GarAndMo49, spike, Uno2Much and 2 others like this.
  11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Doctor: Twins’ mother incompetent for trial

A doctor has determined that the mother of missing infant twins is incompetent to stand trial on felony child endangerment charges. At the request of the San Joaquin County District Attorney’s Office, however, a second doctor will examine the defendant to determine her ability to understand the nature and consequences of the proceedings against her.

Princess Canez-Walker, 32, and her co-defendant, Aaron Weddles, 41, were arrested Jan. 9 in northwest Stockton when they were found living in an overstuffed Suzuki sport utility vehicle with three of their eight children. The whereabouts of their youngest children, boy and girl twins Ren and Setina Weddles — who were 20 months old when they were reported missing — remains a mystery.

Both parents have remained uncooperative with authorities regarding the location of the twins.

When asked if his office could compel Canez-Walker to reveal where the twins are, Deputy District Attorney Elton Grau said she is protected by the Fifth Amendment.

“You don’t have to say anything,” Grau said.

At the same time, he encouraged anyone at all who has seen Ren or Setina in the past year to contact Stockton police.

If anyone has information about the location of the missing twins, Stockton Crime Stoppers will pay a cash reward up to $10,000 for information that leads to their location.

http://www.recordnet.com/news/20180227/doctor-twins-mother-incompetent-for-trial

GarAndMo49, Uno2Much and spike like this.
  13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Inmate Claims Stockton Father Confessed to Shooting, Burying Missing Twin

An inmate is now claiming Aaron Weddles, the father of two missing twins, shot one of his children and buried him.

On Jan. 5, a Stockton Police Department crew dug holes in a backyard on Flint Avenue. At the time, investigators would only say they did not find they were looking for. According to court documents, FOX40 now knows they were looking for 20-month-old Ren Weddles.

FOX40 spoke to a relative related to Ren's mother, Princess Canez-Walker. She asked to keep her identity private.

"It kills me because it’s like they’re my relatives. They’re my niece and nephew, so what can I do?" she said.

Police say Canez-Walker and her boyfriend, Aaron Weddles, have been uncooperative. While they've been behind bars since January, their infant twins, Ren and Setina, are still missing.

In the hopes of receiving a lighter sentence, an inmate claims that on May 13, 2016, Weddles was involved in a shootout at his home on Flint Avenue. Weddles told him Ren had died and he buried his son, according to documents.

"Aaron began to cry when talking about his child when he was killed," the man said.

Then on June 21 that same year, the family was evicted and they began living in their white Suzuki SUV. The relative says the last time she saw Setina was a few months after the eviction.

She says she asked Canez-Walker where the girl was and the mother claimed she was with Weddles' family. She then asked the same question to Canez-Walker's other daughter.

"'Oh what happened to your baby sister?'" the aunt told FOX40. "And she goes, 'Oh, she’s gone. She goes bye bye.' So in my head I’m like, 'What do you mean?'"

Fast forward to Jan. 9, when officers found the couple and their five kids living in squalor in their SUV. There was still no sign of Ren and Setina.

"I should have went to the police because that’s the same story she told me. It breaks my heart 'cause I’m like I could have done something too," the aunt said.

She said she confronted Canez-Walker in jail a day after she was arrested. With the twins gone and the rest of the children in the custody of Child Protective Services, Canez-Walker would only tell her relative, "I don’t know you. I don’t know who you are." Then the aunt said Canez-Walker said her name.

Another reason why the relative claims she did not go to police right away was because she didn't know what to believe. According to her, Canez-Walker has mental issues and has claimed that she was God. Her mental competency hearing continues next month.

http://fox40.com/2018/03/22/inmate-...r-confessed-to-shooting-burying-missing-twin/

GarAndMo49 and Uno2Much like this.
  14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Mother of missing twins to undergo treatment

The mother of missing brother-and-sister twins Ren and Setina Weddles, who last week was declared incompetent to stand trial on eight counts of child endangerment, has been remanded to the custody of the California Department of State Hospitals.

During a placement hearing Tuesday in San Joaquin County Superior Court, Judge Richard Vlavianos ruled that Princess Canez-Walker, 32, should receive inpatient treatment at a locked facility for a maximum commitment of three years, with a credit of 181 days for time served.

Because she has been charged with numerous felonies and found incompetent, Canez-Walker will be transferred to Napa State Hospital to undergo treatment to stabilize her mental condition and establish trial competency.

The goal of that treatment is to return Canez-Walker to court so that her trial can continue. As long as she is in the medical facility, her criminal proceedings are suspended.

If Canez-Walker was found to be unlikely to regain competency to stand trial, she would return to court to determine her future conservatorship status, according to the Department of State Hospitals.

http://www.recordnet.com/news/20180710/mother-of-missing-twins-to-undergo-treatment

GarAndMo49 and Paradise like this.
  15. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Hearing for parents of missing twins moved to November

An eight-week delay has been granted in the child endangerment case against the father and mother of missing brother-and-sister twins Ren and Setina Weddles.

A three-day preliminary hearing was scheduled to begin Tuesday morning in San Joaquin County Superior Court for Aaron Ivan Weddles, 41, and Princess Canez-Walker, 32, each facing eight counts suspecting them of willful cruelty to a child possibly causing injury or death.

Instead, the hearing was continued to 8:30 a.m. Nov. 5 in Department 7B at the downtown Stockton Courthouse to accommodate one of the defense attorneys undergoing a medical procedure.

Police have said there is no update on the twins’ whereabouts or their status to date.

https://www.recordnet.com/news/20180911/hearing-for-parents-of-missing-twins-moved-to-november

GarAndMo49, Uno2Much and kdg411 like this.
  16. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Court proceedings in Stockton missing twins case delayed

Scheduled hearings have been pushed three weeks in the child endangerment case against the father and mother of missing brother-and-sister twins Ren and Setina Weddles.

A three-day preliminary hearing that had been scheduled to begin Monday morning in San Joaquin County Superior Court for Aaron Ivan Weddles, 41, will now come back to Judge Michael Mulvihill’s courtroom for scheduling Nov. 27. Defense attorney Greg Davenport said there is additional discovery he needs to review.

https://www.recordnet.com/news/20181105/court-proceedings-in-stockton-missing-twins-case-delayed

GarAndMo49 and kdg411 like this.
  17. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Missing Stockton twins’ mother deemed fit to stand trial

Princess Canez-Walker, the mother of infant twins who have been missing for at least 15 months, has been deemed mentally competent to face criminal proceedings.

A competency hearing had been scheduled for Thursday but was canceled weeks ago because the 33-year-old Canez-Walker is no longer considered mentally incompetent, as she was found to be last July.

Canez-Walker and the twins’ father, 42-year-old Aaron Weddles, are scheduled for a pre-preliminary hearing conference May 7, with a preliminary hearing set for June 24. The couple was arrested in January 2018 in northwest Stockton when they were found living in an overstuffed Suzuki sport utility vehicle with three of their eight children. Both are in the San Joaquin County Jail. Canez-Walker’s bail is $1.2 million. Weddles’ is $1.25 million.

https://www.recordnet.com/news/20190418/missing-stockton-twins-mother-deemed-fit-to-stand-trial

kdg411 likes this.
  18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Parents of missing twins plead guilty to child endangerment

The parents of eight children including missing twins Ren and Setina Weddles — who are both feared dead — entered guilty pleas to eight counts of child endangerment Wednesday morning in San Joaquin County Superior Court. Two counts of murder against the couple were dismissed by the District Attorney’s Office, citing insufficient evidence.

In exchange for their pleas, Aaron Weddles, 42, and Princess Canez-Walker, 34, were each sentenced to 15 years and four months in state prison, according to the DA’s Offfice.

The whereabouts of Ren and Setina, who were born April 7, 2016, and would now be 3 years old, remain unknown. Efforts by law enforcement to locate them over the past 20 months have so far been unsuccessful.

“The loss of these two precious children is a tragedy and should have never happened,” District Attorney Tori Verber Salazar said in a prepared statement.

“As a community we are each responsible to stand up and protect our children. Together, we can ensure their safety by reporting incidents and giving a voice to those who need us most,” she said.

The statement also explained the reasons the DA’s Office accepted the plea deal and dropped the murder charges.

“In rare situations, a person may be prosecuted for homicide even if a body is not located; this is often called a ‘no-body case.’ ” Prosecutors, however, must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that an actual crime has been committed. For homicide, they must show proof of the death of a person and a criminal cause of death of that person.

In this case, according to the DA, there is insufficient evidence to prove that a death occurred, that the death was by homicide, and that defendants Weddles and Canez-Walker are the perpetrators. This lack of evidence forced the DA’s Office to dismiss the murder charges, according to the statement.

Stockton police indicated Wednesday they are not giving up on the search for Ren and Setina. “We are still seeking the public’s assistance in locating the two missing children. If anyone has information we encourage them to contact us or Stockton Crime Stoppers,” Officer Joe Silva said.

https://www.recordnet.com/news/20190828/parents-of-missing-twins-plead-guilty-to-child-endangerment

kdg411 likes this.