1. NORTH CAROLINA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Hania Aguilar, 13, after she was abducted in Lumberton on November 5.
    Hania was forced into a green 2002 Ford Expedition which was found abandoned on November 8.
    A detailed description of the abductor is not known at this time.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

CO SHANANN, BELLA, & CELESTE WATTS: Missing from Frederick, CO - 13 Aug 2018 - Age 34, 4, 3 *Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

He reminds me so much of Scott Peterson, I wonder if the woman he was having an affair with even knew he was married. :(

Skitt and Kimster like this.
  2. MicciStellaBoGi

MicciStellaBoGi SwissMiss still in the PNW

it is jus so sad...

Kimster and Uno2Much like this.
  3. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

Shanann Watts: Funeral for Pregnant Mom and Two Daughters to Be Held in North Carolina
    By Kathy Campbell

Murdered mom Shanann Watts, her two daughters and unborn son will be remembered at a funeral in North Carolina on Saturday, September 1.
    [......]
    Shanann’s brother, Frankie Rzucek, announced the funeral details in a Facebook postOpens a New Window. on Saturday, August 25, revealing that the funeral mass will be held at 1 p.m. on Saturday at Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church in Pinehurst, North Carolina, and asking the media “to keep their distance.”

An obituary in the Sandhills SentinelOpens a New Window. states that a live stream of the service will be provided on the Boles Funeral Homes & Crematory Facebook pageOpens a New Window.. The family asks that in lieu of flowers, donations be made in memory of Shanann and her children to the Lupus Foundation of America, the Frederick Colorado Police Department Missing Persons Division or St. Jude’s Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee.

More at: https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/shanann-watts-funeral-for-mom-daughters-to-be-held-in-north-carolina/

Skitt, kdg411, Kimster and 1 other person like this.
  4. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Scuttlebutt says he had a "distraction" at work & at least one other on an online meet-up site. But, he had given some thought to the matter as far back as 2012.

Chris Watts 2012 speech about relationships & commitments deteriorating,
    infidelity & revitalizing marriage.

KimberlyAnn, Skitt, Uno2Much and 2 others like this.
  5. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

In court papers released on Monday, investigators said they learned Mr Watts was “actively involved in an affair with a co-worker,” something he denied in earlier conversations with police.

Three of the four names put forward as Mr Watts’ possible mistresses are long-haired brunettes like his wife while the fourth is a blonde, married family friend with young children of her own.

Some of the women worked alongside Christopher and Shanann as brand promoters for the Le-Vel company, which makes weight loss patches, while one is employed with Anadarko Petroleum, where Watts was an operator.

As speculation intensifies over the identity of his so-called mistress, a forensic profiler has detailed chilling personality similarities between Mr Watts and Scott Peterson, who murdered his pregnant wife Laci in California in 2002 to be with his lover.....

Body language experts quickly spotted signs Mr Watts was lying, noting self-soothing, protective behaviour such as rocking on his feet and crossing his arms tightly.....

Forensic profiler Dale Yeager says Mr Watts presents as a less charismatic version of Scott Peterson....

https://www.news.com.au/world/north...s/news-story/72829c27d897731aa52284fdd440b336

NOCLUE, Kimster, Skitt and 4 others like this.
  6. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

KimberlyAnn, NOCLUE, Kimster and 3 others like this.
  7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

What's next for the Colorado murder case against Christopher Watts?

Weeks after Christopher Watts was arrested on suspicion of killing his pregnant wife and two daughters, many questions remain unanswered.

Watts, 33, is not scheduled to appear in court again until Nov. 19 for a status conference, but it's not known what, if any, new information may be discussed at that time. The investigation into Shanann, Bella and Celeste Watts' deaths is ongoing, so official information from investigators will continue to be scarce.

In several news conferences since Watts' Aug. 15 arrest, Weld County District Attorney Michael Rourke has declined to answer any questions about the investigation, citing the ongoing nature of the case.

What's next in the case?

► A funeral for Shanann Watts, 34, and her daughters, 4-year-old Bella and 3-year-old Celeste, has been planned in North Carolina for Sept. 1 at 11 a.m. Mountain time, and the services will be live streamed on the Boles Funeral Home and Crematory Facebook page at the request of the family.

► The Weld County Coroner's Office conducted autopsies of all three victims on Aug. 17, but they will not release any information on the results, county coroner Carl Blesch said in an email, including the causes and times of their deaths, due to the ongoing investigation. It's possible autopsy results won't be released to the public until after the criminal case against Christopher Watts has concluded.

► It's unknown if the case will proceed to trial or if the district attorney's office will make a plea agreement available to Christopher Watts.

Assuming no plea agreement is reached, the likely next court appearance after the scheduled November status conference would be an arraignment, during which time Watts would plead guilty or not guilty to the charges against him.

► If Watts were to be convicted of any of the murder charges he faces, he would likely at least receive a sentence of life in prison. The case does qualify for the death penalty, but Rourke said it was "way too soon" to discuss the possibility of his office pursuing the capital punishment.

The district attorney has 63 days after Watts is arraigned to decide if they are pursuing the death penalty. He hasn't been arraigned yet.

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/ne...r-watts-murder-case-shanann-watts/1111964002/

NOCLUE, noZme, kdg411 and 3 others like this.
  8. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

Shan'ann Watts' Brother Speaks out About 'Horrific' Murders: 'We Lost So Much in a Blink of an Eye'

September 07, 2018 09:57 AM

Shan’ann Watts‘ younger brother spoke out on Friday about the triple slaying of his pregnant sister and his two young nieces — and he expressed his gratitude to the community that has supported his family since the deaths last month.

“I wanted to take a minute and thank everyone who has helped us in every way possible,” Frankie Rzucek wrote on Facebook early Friday. “From best friends and family to people from all over THE WORLD.”

“Its truly an honor and a blessing to be a part of this family,” he continued. “Its an [indescribable] feeling when people all over the globe reach out just to send their condolences or be a listening ear.”

[.....]
    “To my beautiful Sister Shanann, you’re truly an inspiration,” he wrote. “Now the world can see why I always looked up to you and I promise to carry on your legacy. Love always, your little brother. Xoxo

Read more: https://people.com/crime/shanann-watts-brother-speaks-colorado-triple-murders/

9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Judge in Christopher Watts case orders prosecution to give autopsy to defense

The Weld County District Court judge handling the Christopher Watts case has ordered the prosecution to provide autopsy reports to Watts' defense attorneys by Tuesday after they accused the prosecution of withholding evidence.

Judge Marcelo Kopcow also denied the defense's motion for a protective order that would prohibit the Weld County Sheriff's Office from disclosing information about confidential jail visits.

Kopcow in his ruling filed Friday, said the prosecution must hand deliver the autopsy reports to the defense by Tuesday. The defense will have until this upcoming Friday to respond or object to the motion to keep the reports from being released, and the prosecution can reply by Oct. 2.

The Weld County Coroner will keep the reports confidential until the court files an order on the issue.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_...er-watts-case-orders-prosecution-give-autopsy

NOCLUE, Uno2Much, kdg411 and 2 others like this.
  10. Skitt

Skitt Well-Known Member

I really was not expecting this:

Chris Watts, status conference today......

He pled guilty to all three murders in exchange for life in prison, avoids death penalty

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...enalty-in-deaths-of-pregnant-wife-2-daughters

He pleaded guilty Tuesday to all nine counts he was originally charged with in August: three counts of first-degree murder after deliberation, two counts of first-degree murder – victim under 12/position of trust, one count of first-degree unlawful termination of a pregnancy, and three counts of tampering with a deceased human body.

In court Tuesday, Watts was wearing a bulletproof vest and wept between pleas. Shanann's family was sitting in the front row of the courtroom as Watts pleaded guilty

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    NOCLUE, KimberlyAnn, Kimster and 4 others like this.
  11. Skitt

Skitt Well-Known Member

Sentencing scheduled for November 19

https://people.com/crime/chris-watts-murders-wife-daughters-motive/

But another question remains: Why did he do it?

“We believe that we have a partial motive,” Weld County District Attorney Michael Rourke told reporters later Tuesday, after Chris, 33, pleaded guilty to nine charges including first-degree murder.

“I’m not sure if it’s the entirety of the motive, but I will be happy to comment on that following sentencing,” Rourke said.

NOCLUE, KimberlyAnn, Kimster and 4 others like this.
  12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Rourke said at a press conference that the plea deal was made with the support of Shanann Watts’ family, and after he explained what he called the "extraordinary delays that currently exist" in Colorado in putting prisoners to death.

"They were very strongly in favor of a resolution in this case short of the death penalty," Rourke said. Rourke recounted a conversation with Shanann Watts' mother, Sandra Rzucek, that helped make the decision.

"Sandy said it very, very poignantly to me. She said, 'he made the choice to take those lives. I do not want to be in a position of making the choice to take his,'" Rourke said. "And so that's about as firmly as she could have said it to me, and that was very compelling to all of us as we were talking about how to proceed on this case."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-killing-wife-children-will-be-spared-n932451

Glad to know Shanann's family is in support of the plea.

NOCLUE, KimberlyAnn, kdg411 and 3 others like this.
  13. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

BBM.

Me too. This seemed like it was a bit of an injustice... why should he get to live when they have had their lives terminated. BUT, yes. If Shanann's family are in support of this, then I'm glad. They have been spared the trial.

But this is all for the benefit of himself. Chris did not do this to spare them or because of remorse. He has done this only to save himself. IMO. What an awful human.

14. Kimster

Kimster Administrator Staff Member

I talked to a mother of a murdered woman and she said that life in prison is better because with the death penalty there are a lot more appeals and it just goes on and on and on. That's in California, but I would guess that Colorado might be the same way.

NOCLUE, Skitt, KimberlyAnn and 2 others like this.
  15. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Too true. How many lives do those like Scott Peterson have? He's been on death row since being convicted yet he is still torturing Laci's family with his "I'm innocent" story.

NOCLUE and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  16. Skitt

Skitt Well-Known Member

I am starting to agree. I used to think a death penalty was the worst, but they get all the appeals they want. They only get a couple chances with the life sentence, and they don't get as pampered with being isolated from other monsters. Much easier on the family of victims.

NOCLUE, Kimster and Dobrev like this.