1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Shooting at Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs, CO

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by fran, Nov 27, 2015.

1. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Standoff ends with gunman at Planned Parenthood

The shots sent people inside the clinic racing for cover. Jennifer Motolinia hid behind a table inside the clinic and called her brother, Joan, who said he heard multiple gunshots in the background.

"She was telling me to take care of her babies because she could get killed," Joan Motolinia said of his sister, the mother of three.

He rushed to the clinic but was frustrated because a police barricade kept him from getting close.

"People were shooting for sure. I heard someone shooting. There was a lot of gunfire. She was calm, she was trying to hide from those people," he said.

Police cordoned off the clinic, nearby medical offices and a shopping center. Authorities ordered everyone in the area to take shelter where they were.

Denise Speller, manager of a nearby hair salon, said she heard as many as 20 gunshots in less than five minutes.

She told The Gazette newspaper that she saw a police cruiser and two officers near a Chase Bank branch, not far from the Planned Parenthood facility.

One of the officers appeared to fall to the ground and the other officer knelt down to help and then tried to get the officer to safety behind the car, she said. Another officer told Speller to seek shelter inside the building.

"We're still pretty freaked out," Speller said by phone. "We can't stop shaking."

Ambulances and police vehicles lined up at a nearby intersection and police told people via Twitter to stay away from the shooting scene because it was not secure.

read more ......... http://www.tbo.com/ap/national/stan...d-ap_nationalcc23906126c5424897c2ff0ddbf9a92e

2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

One police officer was killed during the shooting at the Planned Parenthood facility in Colorado Springs, Colorado, according to the Colorado Fraternal Order of Police.

Planned Parenthood officials believe all staff and patients from their clinic are accounted for, said said Vicki Cowart, president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains.

"We're still reaching out to confirm individuals, how they are. I believe no one of our staff was severely injured. I also believe at this time that none of our patients were injured," she told CNN.

Get complete coverage of breaking news on CNN TV, CNN.com and CNN Mobile.

walkie-talkie, Cousin Dupree and fran like this.
  3. fran

Now per live statement, two civilians killed at scene, and one police officer from University of Colorado-Colorado Springs.

terribly sad
    :(
    fran

4. fran

why?
    :tears:

daisy7, Kimster and Cousin Dupree like this.
  5. Coldjustice

Coldjustice Founder of Bring our Missing Home, Inc.

6. Coldjustice

Coldjustice Founder of Bring our Missing Home, Inc.

7. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

This is a closer image of the shooter. He looks older than I expected.

[​IMG]

fran, Cousin Dupree and Kimster like this.
  8. walkie-talkie

9. walkie-talkie

10. walkie-talkie

daisy7, fran and Cousin Dupree like this.
  11. walkie-talkie

12. fran

Pretty detailed article about the incident today. Videos included.

fran

Gunman attacks Planned Parenthood clinic: At least three dead and nine hurt by 'AK-47-wielding man' who burst in and opened fire
    • Colorado Springs police have captured the gunman who opened fire at a Planned Parenthood early Friday afternoon
    • Five police officers were shot as well as four civilians and three people were killed inside the building, one officer and two civilians
    • The officer was identified as 44-year-old Garrett Swasey, a six-year veteran of the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs police force
    • Gunman was barricaded inside the family planning clinic and exchanging fire with police, he also had unknown items with him
    • 'We will never back away from providing care in a safe, supportive environment that millions of people rely on and trust,' said PP

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...od-clinic-Colorado-Springs.html#ixzz3sknVs3JO

13. fran

The more you learn about the victims, the sadder this gets.

:(
    fran

Officer Killed During Planned Parenthood Shooting Was Pro-Life, Co-Pastor at His Church

The police officer killed during today’s shooting at a Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood is reportedly pro-life and a co-pastor at his local church. Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood officials have confirmed none of the people killed in the shooting or 9 victims who were injured were Planned Parenthood abortion clinic staff or patients.

As LifeNews.com reported today, shot multiple police officers and holed himself up in a Planned Parenthood abortion business in Colorado Springs, Colorado. News reports indicate one police officer and two civilians were killed in today’s shooting. The shooter is identified as 59-year-old Robert Lewis Dear.

read more ........... http://www.lifenews.com/2015/11/28/...hooting-was-pro-life-co-pastor-at-his-church/

14. President Pope Dewey

President Pope Dewey Sanity is a state of mind

So very true.

15. walkie-talkie

16. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

17. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

shooter's background
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...-about-the-alleged-planned-parenthood-shooter

according to ex-wife
    independent art dealer with a degree in public administration from a Midwestern college... mostly bought paintings of Charleston, S.C., street scenes, Old South plantation tableaus, magnolias and pictures of the Citadel campus. bought rights to paintings, commission 1,000 or so prints... father was a graduate of the Citadel..... generally conservative, but not obsessed with politics. He kept guns around the house for personal protection and hunting, and he taught their son to hunt doves, as many Southern fathers do. He believed that abortion was wrong, but it was not something that he spoke about much.....

neighbor of Dear's mountain cabin
    "..was the kind of person "you had to watch out for." "He was a very weird individual. It's hard to explain, but he had a weird look in his eye most of the time."
    he looked more beaten down than the last time they had seen him, and that his beard was new — but that he was the same aloof, angry man they remembered.
    "'He complained about everything,' said another neighbor. He said he worked with the government, and everybody was out to get him, and he knew the secrets of the U.S.A. He said, "Nobody touch me, because I've got enough information to put the whole U.S. of A in danger."

18. President Pope Dewey

That seems to be a common trait with a lot of these nutjobs

19. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

As if that is not bad enough, every election we send more nutjobs & pay them extremely well.
    Vote Dew 2016!

20. President Pope Dewey

Cousin Dupree and Kimster like this.