1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Shooting at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by Kimster, Oct 1, 2015.

1. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Oregon shooting victims identified; some families issue statements

Lucero Alcaraz

Lucero Alcaraz death was announced in several Facebook posts by family members

Alcaraz graduated from Roseburg High School in 2015 and was one of 87 students that qualified to become UCC Scholars, according to a release from the college.

According to a post on her sister Maria’s Facebook page, it appears Lucero wanted to be a pediatric nurse.

“I’ll miss her making fun of me when I would attempt to say the Starbucks cup sizes, getting pissed when I would tackle her with kisses or photograph the heck out of her,” her sister wrote. “Sister, I miss you, I love you, and I wish I could see you walk through the front door right this second. I don’t know how I will make it through this …I don’t know if I can ever relieve this pain. Rest in piece sister…I’ll see you soon.”

[​IMG]

read more ............ http://q13fox.com/2015/10/02/identities-of-some-oregon-shooting-victims-become-public/

More photos at link also

2. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Fran thanks for all your updates.

3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

The local news has never mentioned the killer's name that I've seen yet. And even on mainstream media, I'm only seeing his name in letters and not being spoken out loud.

Thank you for the tributes for the victims. Please continue to pray for their loved ones.

4. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

5. Imamazed

6. Imamazed

7. Imamazed

8. Imamazed

9. Imamazed

10. Imamazed

11. Imamazed

12. Imamazed

13. Imamazed

14. Imamazed

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-oregon-shooting-20151002-story.html

Sheriff: Oregon gunman was enrolled at college, attacked his classmates

The gunman who carried out the deadly community college attack in Oregon was a student at the school and a classmate of those he targeted in Thursday’s mass shooting.

"He was a student at Umpqua Community College and was enrolled in the class where the mass shooting took place." Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin said Friday. It had earlier been reported that he had no connection to the school.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/natio...ercer-oregon-shooting-20151002-htmlstory.html

Everything we know about the Oregon college shooter

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-oregon-college-gunman-torrance-20151001-story.html

Oregon shooter was anxious and liked guns and target shooting, neighbors say

http://news.yahoo.com/oregon-shooting-victims-teens-just-starting-teacher-221518231.html

Oregon shooting victims: Teens just starting out, teacher

Kim Saltmarsh Dietz, 59, loved the outdoors, her 18-year-old daughter and her two Great Pyrenees dogs, said Robert Stryk, the owner of Pyrenees Vineyards in Myrtle Creek, where Dietz worked as a caretaker for many years.

Dietz was taking classes at the same college as her daughter, who was unhurt in the shooting, Stryk said.

"That's really the tragedy here, is that this is a woman who was just trying to better herself," he said.

Dietz's ex-husband, Eric, is the vineyard manager, and both were still close friends, Stryk said.

Eric Dietz, who had posted updates on his Facebook page while searching for news of his daughter and ex-wife, on Friday posted a picture of Kim and confirmation of her death "with deep grief in my heart."

15. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

I just flipped on tv & saw NG helicopters being dispatched to return bodies from the crime lab. Every gurney was covered by a quilt. I've never seen that ~ always a sheet or solid-color blanket. There must be a story there, who provided the quilts or is that the usual practice in OR? It's touching; it will give each casket a different identity on the return trip ~ that's the only explanation I can come up with. Does anyone know more?

16. President Pope Dewey

President Pope Dewey Sanity is a state of mind

17. Kimster

Quilting is a very popular craft in Oregon. I know lots and lots of quilters and am not surprised they donated quilts to comfort the families.

18. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

I am touched to tears.

19. President Pope Dewey

President Pope Dewey Sanity is a state of mind

20. Kimster

From the University of Oregon Facebook page.

FB_IMG_1443915408554.jpg