1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Vic SIRIYAKORN "BUNG" SIRIBOON: Missing from Boronia, Vic - 2 June 2011 - Age 13

Discussion in 'Australia: Missing & Unidentified' started by MarlyWings, Apr 29, 2015.

1. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

• Case Date: June 02, 2011
    • Cause of Death: Unknown
    What we Know:
    Siriyakorn (Bung) Siriboon left her home in Elsie St, Boronia at 8.20am on June 2, 2011, headed for Boronia Heights College, a few minutes walk away. The 13-year-old never made it. The alarm was raised when she failed to arrive home that afternoon.

Reward:
    $1,000,000

Latest Development:
    In June 2014, police announced a possible sighting of an Asian teen in a white Ford station wagon on the day she disappeared. $1m reward announced in February, 2014.

Lines of Inquiry:
    Abduction
    Bung walked the same 10-minute route to school every day and was last seen wearing her blue-and-white uniform and a raincoat. She had been seen walking in Harcourt Rd, having crossed Paisley Ave, at 8.55am.

What key players said:
    "We believe she's not too far away, somewhere close. We still believe Bung is alive and coming home." - Fred Pattison, step-father.

[​IMG]

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...rn-bung-siriboon/story-fni0fee2-1226939404746

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...orn-bung-siriboon-missing-from-australia.121/

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
    MissyMoo, Lily, Boots and 2 others like this.
  2. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

BUNG CLUES

1 – Left home in Elsie St on June 2 2011 at 8.20am.

2 – Seen by a neighbour on Elsie St walking east towards Albert Ave and her school, Boronia Heights College.

3 – Unconfirmed sighting of Bung on Harcourt Rd, having crossed Paisley Ave, at 8.55am.

4 – New information – released on third anniversary of Bung’s disappearance yesterday – that girl matching her appearance was seen looking out of the back window of White Ford Falcon, EA to EF model made between 1988 and 1996. Police say they don’t know if it was Bung but say she “cannot be in two places at once.”

5 – Driver of car described as aged in late 50s to early 60s, light brown hair combed back in “rock and roll” style, coloured tattoo on upper left arm and wearing blue singlet.

6 - The car was seen at traffic lights at Boronia Rd and Floriston Rd intersection, just east of Dorset Rd, before it continued east along Boronia Rd and headed straight at roundabout at Albert Ave.

7 - More than 1200 pieces of information have been examined by police, and the alibis and movements of 250 sex offenders checked.

8 - In December, homicide squad detectives arrested and questioned a man, 24, who earlier claimed to have hit and killed Bung while driving his car on the morning she disappeared, then panicked and disposed of her body at a local reserve.

9 – Police spent days in August last year searching Old Joe’s Creek retarding basin but found nothing.

10 – Police seized “items of interest” from the man, which have been forensically tested.

11 – In February, police announced a $1 million reward and immunity for information about the missing Melbourne schoolgirl.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...rn-bung-siriboon/story-fni0fee2-1226939404746

MissyMoo, Lily, Boots and 1 other person like this.
  3. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

4. Boots

Boots Well-Known Member

So many faces. All precious!

5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Isn't she sweet? She should be with her loved ones right now!!!

MissyMoo, MarlyWings and Boots like this.
  6. Boots

Boots Well-Known Member

Yes absolutely! She is sweet and beautiful and she should be with her loved ones. With that wonderful smile you know she is a joy and just makes you want to scoop her up and hug her!

MissyMoo, MarlyWings and Lily like this.
  7. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

I will never for the life of me understand people who feel compelled 'come forward' with lies about missing/murder cases. But of course, there's some very unhappy/sick people out there.

That the cops have posted a million $ reward implies that no leads have panned out. Or maybe they're tempting someone to spit out what they know, which is my hope, better than knowing absolutely nothing.

8. Boots

Boots Well-Known Member

Yes, the ones who just feel they must insert themselves into such cases are quite twisted. It does sound like the investigation is still active and her name is being kept in the news. Her poor mother! Maybe someone will come forward... wishing so much for her to return home to her mother.

9. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

What I know is, there would have been an extremely high risk of this person being seen abducting a child, at that time of day, in that area. School drop off time, traffic, other kids walking.. etc.

I get the feeling he may have watched her daily routines, picked his moment, the 'right' stretch of street to grab her from. Sadly, lots of kids get snatched in broad daylight, in crowded malls, behind their parent's backs, literally... The people who are that brash are never amateurs, as far I have ever seen. Those are people to whom abducting and raping kids is like their job.

So imo he's probably snatched kids before. There'll be other victims, perhaps not recent ones (given that a lot of pedos do jail time -- but rarely *enough* jail time unfortunately...) or in the same area, but there'll very likely be others.

10. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

4 year missing anniversary next week for Bung :missing:

Boots, MarlyWings and Kimster like this.
  11. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I tweeted about her last night for International Missing Childrens Day. I wish I would have done it earlier, I forgot about the time zone change.

MissyMoo, Boots and MarlyWings like this.
  12. Boots

Boots Well-Known Member

Where are you Bung? With a million dollar reward for tips, you think someone would be willing to telling something they know, or at least a hunch about someone who may have taken her... Crazy, crazy world.

MissyMoo, Lily and MarlyWings like this.
  13. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Good grief, has it been four years already? Time goes so fast.

Someone out there knows something. Let's hope the million bucks tempts somebody out of the woordwork. Even with just a suspicion.. something not quite right.

14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

15. Inspector Rex

Inspector Rex Member

Boronia is the same suburb where Nanette Ellis was murdered in 1984. Just six months after this, a mother and daughter, Margaret and Seana Tapp, were murdered in the adjoining suburb of Ferntree Gully. Now all these years later, another young girl goes missing. All within 5km of each other.

MissyMoo and MarlyWings like this.
  16. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Where I live, there's been six or seven murders/suspicious deaths in the past.. I think, seven years or so? A few of them truly horrible. If I went back further I'm sure the list would end up quite long.

Boronia's a bit rough, FT Gully moreso.. way more so now than in the 80's. But I think that area holds up pretty well against some others around Vic.

17. Inspector Rex

Inspector Rex Member

Well, it may be the same in all city suburbs, but these have had a lot of media attention. Not knowing where you live, I can't comment.

They say that 90% of the crime is committed by 10% of the population (or maybe I made those figures up). Still, someone who has spent some time in jail for another crime may have returned to the area or inherited the family home after the passing of his parents.

When the perp is caught as in the case of Jill Meagher, we wonder how he was ever allowed on the streets. I don't believe that Adrian Bayley has only murdered once. He was far too cool about it for my liking.

MissyMoo and MarlyWings like this.
  18. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Victoria Police
    17 hrs ·

Five years on - we will never give up.

Five year anniversary following the disappearance of Bung Siriboon

02 June 2016 04:57

It has been five years today since the disappearance of 13-year-old Boronia girl Siriyakorn ‘Bung’ Siriboon.

Homicide Squad detectives are today appealing for public assistance about a third possible sighting on the day she went missing.

Bung left her home in Elsie Street, Boronia around 8.30am on Thursday 2 June, 2011.

She was last seen by a neighbour just after 8.30am in Elsie Street, walking towards Albert Avenue.

Detectives have previously released information on two possible sightings of Bung on the morning of her disappearance.

Information was received on a sighting in Harcourt Street in Boronia, a short distance from her school and another sighting of Bung in a white station wagon with a man on Boronia Road in Boronia.

That information has been investigated and neither of these sightings are confirmed to be Bung.

The latest information received was a possible sighting of Bung on the morning she went missing.

A white station wagon was seen on Napoleon Road near the intersection of Kelletts Road in Rowville between 8.45am and 9am and it is believed an Asian female teenager was sitting in the front seat.

The vehicle is described as being similar to a white 1971-1973 Holden HQ Kingswood station wagon with no rear seats, or they may have been folded down.

Investigators have released images of a similar car.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The car was reportedly driven by a male of Caucasian appearance, who was described as being in his late 30s to early 40s. He was either bald or had light coloured hair.

He also had a large tattoo on the left side of his neck and sleeve style tattoos on both arms.

Homicide Squad Detective Inspector Michael Hughes said while investigators couldn’t confirm the girl in the vehicle was Bung; it was something that they needed assistance with.

“There are two specific pieces of information we are asking the public to consider, the description of the male with a large tattoo on his neck, and the description of the white coloured station wagon.

“We are asking the public to think about anyone that may fit the description and had a similar vehicle or may have had access to a similar vehicle.

“If we can connect those two pieces of information it will improve our ability to identify the person of interest.” D/Insp Hughes said.

“It’s now been five years since Bung left home and failed to arrive at school that day and has not been seen or heard from since.

“We continue to hold grave concerns for her safety and are desperate to provide her family with some answers.

“I urge anyone with information about the white station wagon seen in the Rowville area on the day, or any other information that they haven’t shared with police that could be of assistance, to contact Crime Stoppers.”

At the time of her disappearance Bung was wearing her blue and white school uniform and carrying a school backpack. The backpack has never been recovered.

Bung is described as being of Thai origin, approximately 154cm tall, thin build with long dark hair and brown eyes.

A reward of up to $1 million for information leading to the apprehension and subsequent conviction of the person or persons responsible for Bung’s disappearance was announced in February 2014.

Anyone with fresh information about the disappearance of Bung Siriboon is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit www.crimestoppers.com.au.

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/new...owing-the-disappearance-of-bung-siriboon.html

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  19. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

New campaign in search for Bung Siriboon

The image of missing Boronia schoolgirl ‘Bung’ Siriboon will be on local billboards, with today marking six years since the 13-year-old disappeared.

A media company – Civic Guides Media – has donated space on three of its billboards for police to display images of long term missing persons, which will include the 13-year-old Boronia schoolgirl this month.

A $1 million reward remains on offer for leads on the cold case.

http://www.3aw.com.au/new-campaign-in-search-for-bung-siriboon/

Victoria Police launches digital billboard campaign to help find missing persons and end families’ pain

MISSING Persons squad detectives have come up with a new initiative to get as many eyeballs as possible on details of missing Victorians.

They have started daily screenings of photographs and information about long-term missing persons on 27 outdoor digital billboards in Melbourne and surrounding suburbs.

The cases of six missing persons will be highlighted on the screens each month.

Those singled out for this month are:

Siriyakorn “Bung” Siriboon went missing as a 13-year-old on June 2, 2011. She left her family home in Boronia to walk to school but never arrived and hasn’t been seen since. There is a $1 million reward for information leading to the apprehension and subsequent conviction of the person or persons responsible for Bung’s disappearance. The Department of Public Prosecutions will also consider granting indemnification from prosecution to any person who provides information as to the identity of the principal offender or offenders.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...s/news-story/a0ffaede4ebd8dd75a6ddebb099df224

[​IMG]

Kimster and MissyMoo like this.
  20. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

Thanks for finding that picture of Bung @SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
    I had not seen that one of her before, shows she still had her baby faced innocence when she was taken.