1. NORTH CAROLINA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Hania Aguilar, 13, after she was abducted in Lumberton on November 5.
    Hania was forced into a green 2002 Ford Expedition which was found abandoned on November 8.
    A detailed description of the abductor is not known at this time.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

WA SKY METALWALA: Missing from Bellevue, WA - 6 Nov 2011 - Age 2

Discussion in 'Missing 2010 to 2014' started by CatFancier, Apr 19, 2015.

1. CatFancier

CatFancier Feline

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
    Uno2Much, spike, MadgeS and 4 others like this.
  2. CatFancier

CatFancier Feline

3. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

4. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

While I hope fervently that Sky is still alive somewhere, I have thought almost from the beginning that he's not. Mainly because his parents have to varying degrees come across as a couple of .. well, they left their baby in a hot car. Nuff said.

So I've had a hard time trying to see this as all about one of them desperately wanting Sky all to themselves, as opposed to Sky being a means for one parent to punish the other. Of course, lack of good care could have led to harm as well.

And whatever happened, the mother is dead center of it. IMO.

5. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

Lily, my understanding about this case is that it was the mother only that supposedly left Sky in the car to walk to town and when she came back he was gone. It was never the father imo. Its been a while since I followed this case but that's how I remember it. She was also keeping the father from seeing the children. The father was given custody of his daughter and as we know now Sky has not been found. :(

I could be wrong about some of this but that's how I remember it.

NOCLUE, spike, MadgeS and 3 others like this.
  6. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Administrative Manager Staff Member

That's how I remember it as well Ima. This is another case that really haunts me.

NOCLUE, spike, MadgeS and 4 others like this.
  7. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Dad owned/operated a neighborhood grocery. The mom's car ran out of gas or broke down, she walked to a gas station, carrying the little sister. It seems Sky was asleep in his carseat. When she returned, he was gone. BUT, there was only her word as to when he was last seen. Wasn't there a silly story - something about sneaking him out of the country with the mother's relatives? Mom's actions were very suspicious.

Gotta research.

8. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Adding:
    deputy chief with the department, said at a news conference three years ago that Biryukova’s story “doesn’t add up.”

... disappearance was reported just days after his parents finished an 11-hour mediation session over child custody that was meant to bring to an end their contentious divorce proceedings and hours after his mother sought to withdraw from the mediated agreement...She did not want Metalwala to be able to see his children... Biryukova told police that Sky was sick & she was driving him to a hospital when the car ran out of gas.... Almost immediately, police began to punch holes in her story. The car still had gas in the tank and was not in any way disabled.
    http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-still-an-active-investigation-after-3-years/

September 2014 on what would have been Sky's 5th birthday, Father pleads with parents to take steps to protect kids
    http://q13fox.com/2014/09/02/on-sky...ather-encourages-parents-to-download-fbi-app/

9. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Another curious thing - Birkyukova's social media was flooded with photos of her daughter but very few pictures of Sky.

NOCLUE, spike, MadgeS and 2 others like this.
  10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

I believe this is what @Lily is referring to...

Father of Missing Child Charged in 2009
    Nov 7, 2011

The father of missing 2-year-old Sky Metalwala was charged with leaving a child unattended in a motor vehicle in 2009.
    Solomon Metalwala, a Kirkland, Wash., resident, pleaded guilty to leaving a child unattended in 2010 after a December 2009 incident in which Sky, who was 3 months old at the time, was discovered sitting alone in the couple's car in a Target parking lot.

"A citizen noticed and had called the police," prosecutor Mitchell said. "They eventually made contact with the mother and father who were in the store shopping. There was some discussion about leaving the child unattended."

Solomon Metalwala paid a fine, did 40 hours of community service and completed a parenting class, so the case was dismissed in February of this year.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/bellevue-w...car-unattended/story?id=14896605#.Trjo9dSIjEY

NOCLUE, spike, daisy7 and 3 others like this.
  11. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

^ Yup.

I just get feeling the kids were pawns in the middle of their war, you know?

It's always been interesting to me that Birkyukova was allegedly taking Sky to the hospital for an illness when he vanished. Then add to that all the lies. It's a scary and highly suspicious equation.

NOCLUE, spike, MadgeS and 2 others like this.
  12. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

IDK but I pray Sky is alive and well somewhere.

NOCLUE, spike, daisy7 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Also disturbing was her habit of leaving very young kids at home alone for long periods of time.. in my mind, an unthinkable thing to do, when your kids are tiny. I've always thought this (even more than leaving a tiny infant in the car....) was a sign she wasn't at all coping with the children, but then she's fighting tooth and nail for possession of them. And I said 'possession' very deliberately there. I know of no fiercely maternal woman who'd leave her kids alone like that, no matter what.. so I'm left to conclude that her kids weren't the primary focus of all that drama.

And then Sky -- left all alone once more -- vanishes, right after a court battle.

I do hope he's alive somewhere. But I don't think he is. And with the neglect, and all the lies, the blatant evidence of those lies, I'm surprised this is not being treated as a probable homicide.

This all bothers me a lot:

The court had forbidden Solomon to have any contact with his children and he hadn't seen either of them for almost a year before Sky disappeared. He claimed Biryukova suffered from long-standing mental health issues, including depression and obsessive-compulsive disorder, that caused her to neglect her children's needs and herself. She spent time as an inpatient in three mental health facilities. Biryukova said Solomon had anger problems and was verbally and physically abusive to her. She also made multiple allegations that he had abused the children; they were later ruled unfounded.

Investigators learned no one besides Biryukova had seen Sky for at least two weeks before his disappearance, and possibly much longer than that, but it wasn't uncommon for her to isolate herself in her home with the children for extended time periods. She also habitually left them alone in the house, notably for eleven hours a few days before Sky's disappearance, while she went through a long mediation session regarding child custody.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/metalwala_sky.html

NOCLUE, spike, noZme and 2 others like this.
  14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Police pursuing new leads in Sky Metalwala disappearance

Four years after Sky Metalwala was reported missing, Bellevue police say they are investigating new leads into the toddler's disappearance.

Chief Steve Mylett, who took over the departmentsix months ago, said Sky's father, Solomon Metalwala, shared new information that may help investigators solve the case once and for all.

Mylett would not discuss the new leads his detectives are pursuing.

"I can't get into that," Mylett said. "I wish I could share the information that he shared with us. ... I'm not trying to be evasive here. There's things that he did share with us that we're following up on."

http://www.king5.com/story/news/loc...sky-metalwala-bellevue-police-chief/75189138/

[​IMG]

15. Kimster

Kimster Administrator Staff Member

:praying: Oh I pray the truth about Sky's disappearance is revealed!!!

16. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

Me, too, Sue...

I followed,this case from pretty much the very start...

It has some very unique issues...

And is very frustrating...

:(

Takeitfromme, Lily and MadgeS like this.
  17. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

Oh My!

I SOOOO hope these new leads bring closure to those that love Skye!!!

I'll be VERY interested to discover what these new leads are!

:praying:

18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Police chief makes plea to mother, 4 years after boy mysteriously disappears

On the four-year anniversary of a missing 2-year-old Bellevue boy, police are renewing a request to his mother for more information in the case.

"Ms. Biryukova, please contact the Bellevue Police Department to allow us the opportunity to help find your son. We are more than willing to work with you and your attorney to identify a convenient time and location to discuss Sky's disappearance," Bellevue Chief of Police Steve Mylet wrote in a news release.

"I am convinced you hold the key to finding Sky. The employees of the Bellevue Police Department will not stop searching for Sky, but I cannot emphasize enough the role you play in successfully locating your little boy. As you know, many people have been impacted by Sky's disappearance, and I know they would all welcome your active participation in this investigation. If you decide to accept this sincere invitation, please contact my office directly."

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/police-chief-makes-plea-mother-4-years-after-boy-m/npG5H/

‘I’m not giving up hope’: Police chief believes one person is key to finding Sky Metalwala, missing for 4 years

Chief Steve Mylett says Julia Biryukova hasn’t spoken to investigators since reporting her 2-year-old missing in 2011.

http://q13fox.com/2015/11/05/im-not...to-finding-sky-metalwala-missing-for-4-years/

Uno2Much, Takeitfromme, Lily and 5 others like this.
  19. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Ugh. No. No more babies for you.

Mother of missing child has new baby, declared unfit mother

Julia Biryukova Morgan, the mother of a Bellevue child reported missing four years ago, has been declared an unfit parent by Child Protective Services and will have to appear in court after giving birth to a baby boy, KIRO Radio's Ron and Don Show has learned.

The baby, born four months ago, Elijah James Morgan, was born on July 10 at Evergreen Hospital in Kirkland. The father, Alan J. Morgan, is a convicted felon with a lengthy criminal record who was most recently jailed in Issaquah for repeatedly violating a domestic violence no-contact order against Biryukova, according to court documents obtained by KIRO Radio.

http://mynorthwest.com/108/2841576/Mother-of-missing-child-has-new-baby-declared-unfit-mother

20. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

:banghead:

Uno2Much, noZme, NOCLUE and 1 other person like this.