1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

WA SNOHOMISH COUNTY JANE DOE: WF, 16-19, found in Everett WA - Aug 1977 - David Roth victim

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1900 to 1979' started by CatFancier, Apr 15, 2015.

1. CatFancier

CatFancier Feline

[​IMG]
    http://snohomishcountyjanedoe.homestead.com/

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...ohomish-janedoe-found-1977-in-washington.674/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2015
    KareBear, Akoya, Advocate and 3 others like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

NamUs - https://identifyus.org/cases/2128
    NCMEC - http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMU/1102164/1/screen

Her killer stated that he picked the victim up while she was hitchhiking.
    She had short, lighter brown hair with no color treatment, appeared to have a suntan, and was wearing a halter top, cut-off jeans with a pack of “Marlboro” cigarettes in the pocket, a Timex watch with a leather strap and yellow metal face, and blue/white “Mr. Sneaker” brand tennis shoes-men’s size 7. She had two restorations to her upper front teeth.

[​IMG]

KareBear, Akoya, Advocate and 4 others like this.
  3. Dama

Dama Lagunas mentales

So no work done to see what part of the country she was from? Isotopes or whatever? Restorations aren't cheap.

MicciStellaBoGi, Akoya and Jenny like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

She was found 38 years ago today and still has no name. :( Who is this girl?!?

NamUs gives her a high likelihood of being identified. May it be soon.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    High

5. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

http://www.nampn.org/cases/lee_karen.html

Karen is the best match so far within 1977. She was last known alive in late May of 1977 when she had planned a hitchhiking trip from OR to CA with a male companion. Am wondering if things went awry with him and they split ways/changed directions. Her geographic proximity to WA state in comparison to the other missing girls from 1977 is much more significant.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/jason_nancy.html

Nancy is second best match, having often hitchhiked alone to get places and having an interest in eastern philosophy (perhaps she wanted to meet her religious chapter out west?). The fact that she was from Maryland makes it difficult to place her on the west coast, but it's not impossible that she could have hitchhiked all the way to WA from MD in about 3 weeks.

Does anyone know how tall Snohomish Jane Doe was? Her eye color? The composite looks so similar to both girls. Additional info Will help me narrow down possible matches of missing persons to this Jane Doe.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Hi DaisyChains! Welcome to CW! Thanks for posting. :welcome:

She's approximately 5'10". Her eye color is unknown. Her hair was light brown.

Karen Lee and Nancy Jason are both in NamUs. Both have DNA submitted and tests complete, so they are automatic rule-outs. Anyone with their DNA ran through NamUs is automatically cross-checked with any Unidentified in NamUs.

There's got to be a match out there somewhere!

7. DaisyChains

Thank you for the welcome! Yeah I meant to check their NAMUS pages to see about DNA. So Snohomish Jane Doe has her DNA processed at least? Very glad for this. Thank you for letting me know. Still getting used to this interface... It's my first day on site.

Edit: finally seeing now the Namus page for Snohomish. You ain't kidding - tons of rule outs. It's insane she still hasn't been IDd.

8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

MicciStellaBoGi, Akoya, spike and 2 others like this.
  9. DaisyChains

What about Canadian teenager Lori Kasprick? She isn't on the rule outs and I can't seem to find whether or not her DNA is available. Sure her hair is darker in the pics than the light brown of Jane Doe's hair, but Lori was 14 and very tall around 5'11" like Jane Doe. She supposedly called home saying she was modeling in Lake Tahoe, NV in the U.S. after she disappeared. Was known to runaway, but always came back home BC dad or cops would get her - until they couldn't do anything anymore once she turned 16.

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/bl...rs-before-she-was-officially-declared-missing

Gonna give it a rest for a bit. Hope everyone is doing well in Internet land. Night :) thanks again shewhomustnotbenamed for all your help tonight :)

10. DaisyChains

Also wanted to note that Lori Kasprick has already been theorized by sleuths to possibly be Jane Doe "Lori Erica Kennedy Ruff"
    (but likely isn't her match according to one investigator. Who knows?)

I couldn't find a thread for Lori Ruff here so thought I'd mention it here briefly for anyone with interest who might have made the connection and wondered if it's been considered.

11. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I'm on my phone right now and don't have my notes on hand, but will check them later. Let me see what I can find about Lori and if she's on my list.

:welcome:

I'm thrilled you are interested in helping in the unidentified area! It can be tedious, but very rewarding when there's a match!:highfive:

12. Kimster

Ah...that might be why her name sounds so familiar to me! I used to research that case.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  13. DaisyChains

Yup crazy crazy case ! Still gets me wondering. Here is an article referencing the connection people were trying to make. It is interesting. Ok really going to bed now. Lol. Past my bedtime. :offtobed: Thanks for checking out Lori in relation to this Snohomish Jane Doe case Kimster.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/touch/story.html?id=11165659

FlandersFields, Akoya, spike and 2 others like this.
  14. Kimster

Night night! :hug:

Akoya, spike and DaisyChains like this.
  15. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

I understand it's a national database, but sometimes I wish NamUs included Canada! Or even Mexico for the southern states. Gah! Back then when border crossing in either direction was so easy...who knows. Might make this much easier sometimes.

My inclination is that it wouldn't be Lori because she was said to have light brown hair that hadn't been dyed, and Lori has black hair. Lori is also said to have crooked teeth and a large scar above her eyes. No scar was noted with this Jane Doe, and only "two restorations" regarding the teeth.

Akoya, spike, Advocate and 2 others like this.
  16. Kimster

Here's the two Lories and our doe:

[​IMG] loris.jpg

FlandersFields, Akoya, spike and 4 others like this.
  17. Kimster

Akoya, spike, Advocate and 2 others like this.
  18. DaisyChains

I agree shewhomustnotbenamed - I doubt Lori is Snohomish Jane Doe. And I totally agree they should combine Canada and U.S. Databases on Namus! I am interested in a possible connection between the two Lori's though. Will head over to Kimsters thread about Lori Erica Ruff and address all that stuff there.

At any rate I do wonder if the Snohomish Jane Doe was more likely from Canada considering the difficulty finding a match here in the U.S. And bc WA state is at the Canada Border. And like shewhomustnotbenamed said, it may have been easier to cross borders back then in the 70's.

Akoya, spike, Advocate and 1 other person like this.
  19. Kimster

My family crossed in vacation in the seventies and I remember the Mounties being way more concerned about it then when we came back in the States Border Patrol checked us through. Seems like they just waved us on through or asked about fruit maybe or something. But going up was definitely more thorough then coming back down.

Akoya, spike, Advocate and 3 others like this.
  20. Jaws

Jaws Active Member

I wonder if the asymmetricalness of her nose and mouth is really how she looked, or if it is the result of the gunshot wounds/decomp? It seems like her face would be fairly easy to recognize if she had this asymmetrical look IRL.

Akoya, spike, DaisyChains and 3 others like this.