1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

FL ST.PETERSBURG JANE DOE: WF, 25-35, found in plain black steamer trunk, FL - 31 October 1969

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1900 to 1979' started by Romulus, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Romulus

Romulus In the earth of missing person

661UFFL - Unidentified Female
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sketches of the victim; trunk victim was found in.

Date of Discovery: October 31, 1969
    Location of Discovery: St. Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida
    Estimated Date of Death: 2-3 days prior
    State of Remains: Decomposed
    Cause of Death: Homicide by strangulation

Physical Description
    Estimated Age: 25-35 years old
    Race: White
    Sex: Female
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 130 lbs.
    Hair Color: Brown to black, 8-10 inches long and in bobby pins.
    Eye Color: Brown
    Distinguishing Marks/Features: She had given birth to at least one child, but not recently. She suffered from a mild gallbladder disorder. She had three small, hairless moles - one on her left cheekbone, one on her right forearm, and one on her left thigh. No tattoos or scars noted. Her ears were not pierced. Her fingernails were clean and well-kept.

Identifiers
    Dentals: Available. Possibly had small, partial, upper front plate, for four missing teeth. Poor oral hygiene. Surgical absence of all wisdom teeth. Teeth appeared crowded.
    Fingerprints: Available.
    DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
    Clothing: Top part of a green "shortie" type nightgown with a floral design and lace at the top.
    Jewelry: Unknown
    Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
    The victim was discovered at 4200 34th Street South in a wooded area in view of a busy restaurant parking lot of The Oyster Bar. She was found in plastic wrapped with masking tape and curled into a new, plain black steamer trunk or foot locker. The trunk was manufactured by Nonbreakable Trunk Company and its dimensions are 35 1/2" x 16 1/2" x 20 1/4".

She suffered blunt trauma to the head and was strangled with a red or maroon bolo tie cord, about 20 inches in length.

Chemical isotope testing indicated she was not native to Florida. The tests showed she was likely born in the Southeastern part of the country and lived in the northern Southeastern states for several years preceding her death.

Investigating Agency(s)
    Agency Name: District 6 Medical Examiner's Office
    Agency Contact Person: William A. Pellan
    Agency Phone Number: 727-582-6800
    Agency Case Number: 69-3733

Agency Name: St. Petersburg Police Department
    Agency Contact Person: Inv. Brenda Stevenson
    Agency Phone Number: 727-893-7575
    Agency Case Number: 1969-062886

NCIC Case Number: U230018686
    NamUs Case Number: 1019

Information Source(s)
    NamUs
    University of South Florida
    FLUIDDB
    The Tampa Tribune - July 22, 1993
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/661uffl.html

https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...er-bar-in-st-petersburg-florida-in-1969.4351/

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2018
    Whatsnext likes this.
  2. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

The "Shortie Pajamas" and "Hair in Bobby Pins" I think is a good indication that She was killed inside a residence. The "Trunk" obviously suggests the Killer went to SOME trouble to dispose of Her. And Dumping in a Public place. So this suggests strongly She KNEW THIS PERSON! But like SO many other Cases, HOW COULD NO ONE NOT NOTICE HER MISSING! EVEN IF IT'S A NEIGHBOR WHO DOSEN'T KNOW HER NAME. And strong indications of Her being Killed by a "Significant Other" how would they explain the situation and nothing generated as far as Missing Person Report, or someone just saying they are suspicious?. It states She had given Birth. WHERE IS THE CHILD?! FAMILY?. Adoption I'm thinking, stating hadn't given Birth recently.

3. Redrover

Redrover Well-Known Member

She was tall at 5ft 9in. It says she was from the northern southeastern states...So virginia, kentucky, West Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina?

Whatsnext and Mel70 like this.
  4. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

I don't know exactly what states. Let me look it up and see if I can find out.

Whatsnext likes this.
  5. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

O.K. looking it up it is in 3 Categories. The 1st is the One I believe they are referring to-South Atlantic- Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Florida. 2nd East South Central. 3rd West South. 1st One seems the most likely. Kind of confusing a little since "Florida" is included in 1st group.

6. Redrover

South Carolina and Florida are not what I would consider "northern southeast"! Her height should make it a lot easier to find her in missing persons lists. I wonder if you can search Namus like that? Not really experienced with Namus but that would really help narrow it down!

7. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

I don't know. I agree. That's how they have it broken down.

8. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

I just registered with NAMUS. Just have to get email to activate.

Whatsnext likes this.
  9. Redrover

I have an account. I usually just use it to see lists of rule outs. I might start playing with it.

10. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Tried to activate. Giving me a problem.
    I see you can search by height. It's pretty detailed. Alot of ways to search.

Whatsnext and Redrover like this.